Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Its only the carling cup but..........

Laughable considering last season was the first time we got to the 3rd yound since God was a baby!

and West ham have never won it!

jas :)

We are the second most sucessful team. I am guessing they are doing it on the amount of games won in the history of the league cup. If west ham who have never won it have got through to the final or semi''s a dozen times they would be above a team that has won it a few times but on other occasions gone out in the first round. This is my guess how they worked it out.

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="topoftheleague"]

We are one of the most successsful teams in the league(carling) cup.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_2660720,00.html

[/quote]

Not really, it''s only teams called City or United.  Plus how West Ham can be the most succesful side without ever winning seems odd at best!

[/quote]

Read it again, Saint, at the bottom it lists the five most successful teams since the competition began - it''s West Ham first, then us.

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"][quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="topoftheleague"]

We are one of the most successsful teams in the league(carling) cup.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_2660720,00.html

[/quote]

Not really, it''s only teams called City or United.  Plus how West Ham can be the most succesful side without ever winning seems odd at best!

[/quote]

Read it again, Saint, at the bottom it lists the five most successful teams since the competition began - it''s West Ham first, then us.

[/quote]

Sorry Temp I fail to see what you are trying to say.  I understand and have read it in full.  The point I was making is that it names us as the second most successful teams but only teams with United or City in their name.  Liverpool who have won it 7 times are not included.  My other point was that this means jack as West Ham are the most successful team with City or United in there but have never won the thing when other teams in the list have.  It''s like saying Preston are the most successful Championship side in the last 10 years because they have made the play off''s more times than anyone else, yet have never got promoted.

I would suggest you read it again temp!

"We looked back through the 47-year history of the Cup to work out if it was United or City who came out on top. We were surprised with the results but looking back on the last few years, it''s always been a case of expect the unexpected with the Carling Cup - hopefully it''s a good omen for this season''s competition."

The top five most successful sides are West Ham United, Norwich City, Manchester City, Manchester United and Leeds United, with Hereford United at the bottom of the pile.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Laughable considering last season was the first time we got to the 3rd yound since God was a baby!

and West ham have never won it!

jas :)

[/quote]

Except we''ve actually got to the 3rd round for the last three seasons, strange as it may seem.

Can''t make it tonight but would appreciate it if someone puts a match report on here tomorrow.  I will though be venturing out to see the local team play the scum and will be pleased to pass on any random abuse.