Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Norwich Vs Barnet: Match Thread

Team News;

Norwich City: Marshall, Otsemobor, Drury, Shackell (c),

Croft, Cureton, Brown, Fotheringham, Lappin, Russell, Doherty. Subs:

Gilks, Dublin, Chadwick, Strihavka, Martin.

Barnet: Harrison, Devera, Nicolau, Bishop, Leary, Thomas,

Birchall, Puncheon, Carew, Burton (c), Hendon. Subs: Beckwith, Hatch,

Cole, Porter, Seanla.

C''mon City!!!

[quote user="Beechy"]2-0 Cureton with both goals.

Shawcross has scored for Stoke again.
[/quote]

Ok, so Shawcross can pop up in the oppo''s box (sadly, ours don''t seem to) - but can he defend, which is why we''d have bought him? We''re not sure of that yet, only thing we know he''s done is give away a pen v Cardiff.  Whatever, it''s time to move on - we were interested, he went to Stoke (from there, lives nearby), simple as that. 

And Southampton lost to Peterborough. Was Safri playing? Can we singing "Daydream Believer" on Saturday? Get Strihavka on for Brown.

Dissapointing end.

Why did we conceed?

Wake up city!

[quote user="Christopher Roy Sutton"]

5-2 - pathetic!!!

CRS

[/quote]

Is that a joke? They''ve just taken they''re foot of the pedal - just saving energy for the weekend. I''m not saying they intended to concede 2 goals, just that they wouldn''t have done if they weren''t 5-0 up 

[quote user="Cobain18"][quote user="Christopher Roy Sutton"]

5-2 - pathetic!!!

CRS

[/quote]

Is that a joke? They''ve just taken they''re foot of the pedal - just saving energy for the weekend. I''m not saying they intended to concede 2 goals, just that they wouldn''t have done if they weren''t 5-0 up 

[/quote]

I Some how doubt PG will see it that way! Just wait to hear his post match rant...

CRS

1. goal difference wont help us win the cup2. if we score 5 in every game who gives a h00t about clean sheets!!!

Game over in 30 mins. Very well done lads.

[quote user="Christopher Roy Sutton"][quote user="Cobain18"][quote user="Christopher Roy Sutton"]

5-2 - pathetic!!!

CRS

[/quote]

[/quote]

I Some how doubt PG will see it that way! Just wait to hear his post match rant...

CRS

[/quote]

I 100% agree Grant will be furious but the 2nd half was us taking our foot off the pedal and shouldn''t be seen as a disaster

i made that point elsewhere , and got shot down , but surely at 5-0 up you dont then let in 2 to a team like barnet ? whats wrong in going for more goals ?

[quote user="Christopher Roy Sutton"][quote user="Cobain18"][quote user="Christopher Roy Sutton"]

5-2 - pathetic!!!

CRS

[/quote]

[/quote]

CRS

[/quote]

He is ranting as we speak!!

CRS

If Marshall''s kicking don''t improve we will under pressure most of the game against a half descent team. His kicking was the most worrying part of the game for me. Don''t know if he is worth what we paid for him!

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

Also add the fact that Barnets players were sliding in aggressively for every tackle in the second half. Think a few were protecting themselves for more important matches.

Disappointed with the size of the crowd tonight,

We did well to overcome a potential ''banana skin''

and I hope we start as well on Saturday.

I think it was a really positive result. It is nice to see us thrash a smaller teams because thats something we haven''t done in the carling cup for a while. It am pleased that cureton scored a couple too.

I''m now going to try and catch the goals on sky sports news. apparently Lappin scored a great goal :)

Juninho

Was sitting LOWER BARCLAY to left of goal slightly. docherty at fault for both goals.

Can be turned WAY to easily, doesn''t react. HE also seems to run away from the ball to man mark, whilst the rest of our players zonal mark during corners, or atleast most of the time. Shackell shouted at him quite alot XD

Just back from the match and overall impresion was good first half and indifferent second.  To be fair to Barnet they tried all game and I''m sure their manager told them to get some pride back in the second half, hence the two goals.

This is the first time I have seen the new look City this season and there were some pleasing performances.  Cureton and Shackell stood out for me and Brown and Russell had good games.  Lappin and Fotheringham took their goals well but do seem a bit lightweight.  Doherty played some fantastic long cross field passes, but let himself down by a silly and unnecessary booking, and was at fault for their second goal.  Marshall looked solid enough and kicked well once he had the right boots on.  Drury was steady and was unlucky to go off injured.  As for the substitutes, Big Dave never won a header and seems to have inherited Earnshaw''s first touch, will just have to give him time to adapt.  Martin looked ineffective playing left midfield, and Dublin just seemed to give away freekicks; his best position must surely be in the back four alongside Shackell.

Ninety minutes played at the same pace as the first half should see us get three points against Soton.  What odds on either Brellier or Safri being sent off in the game?

[quote user="swindoncanary"]

We did well to overcome a potential ''banana skin''

[/quote]

I''d love to know which football pundit first used that phrase.

Surely it''s just a banana skin which we had the potential to slip on. If it was a potential banana skin, it suggests that the banana skin was never there in the first place.

I really should get out more.

[quote user="General Stegglinho"]

I think it was a really positive result. It is nice to see us thrash a smaller teams because thats something we haven''t done in the carling cup for a while. It am pleased that cureton scored a couple too.

I''m now going to try and catch the goals on sky sports news. apparently Lappin scored a great goal :)

Juninho

[/quote]  I agree completely as I cannot remember the last time we scored five in the first half.  I have just read that Grant was disappointed that Cureton didn''t roll the ball to Strihavka and that was the reason he didn''t finish the game.  If this is true then Grant needs to think before he comments, most strikers would try and get their hat trick given the chance.  I thought the reason we bought Cureton was to score goals and that was what he did last night.   Man management tip for Grant - don''t knock your own goalscorers.

I know that Grant rates Strihavka very highly but on last nights performance even if Cureton had rolled the ball to him I couldn''t see him scoring.  Yes the team performance in the second half was disappointing, but don''t single out the only player that scored two goals.