Sign in to follow this  
T07

Players not keen on Grant

It seems the reason for a number of players not wishing to join our illustrious if rather small club is actually as a result of conversations those ''targets'' had with members of the current squad about the current atmosphere under Mr Grant. I''ll let you look at the targets and our squad members previous clubs and let you do the intriguing bit.Interesting eh?

[quote user="yellow blood"]So the 8 that joined this Summer didn''t know anyone here? Ballcocks![/quote]Hardly in the class of those that went elsewhere are they.... given a choice......not exactly in demand our motley crew were they?

This is scrapping the barrel, even for our terminally dimwitted neighbours, desperate for something to caste the club (rather small club, at that) in a bad light.The logic of this rural fleabrain''s claim is that any player receiving an enquiry about joining the club has contacted one or more of the present playing staff. " Hello, I''ve been asked to join your club and would like to have a converstaion with somebody who is already playing for them.? "The idea of a current player slagging off the manager to a third party, the idea of a prospective signing contacting a player beggars belief - were it not for the knowledge that this ''story'' comes from a binner.Whether the Pinkun feels we need to be regularly reminded of how stupid our neighbours are, I don''t know. Perhaps it would be better if we could have another section entitled ''closet binners trying to slag off the City''.And put the posts up in crayon. 

[quote user="yellow blood"]So the 8 that joined this Summer didn''t know anyone here? Ballcocks![/quote]

Quite - and Marshall came back for a second go because he clearly hates it so much!

[quote user="T07"]It seems the reason for a number of players not wishing to join our illustrious if rather small club is actually as a result of conversations those ''targets'' had with members of the current squad about the current atmosphere under Mr Grant. I''ll let you look at the targets and our squad members previous clubs and let you do the intriguing bit.

Interesting eh?
[/quote]I should change whatever pills you are taking mate

I would question whether the players can actually understand what he says. The population of the Morningside area of Edinburgh understood the "accent" problem at the turn of the last century and to solve it hired English tutors for their children to "correct" their speech. The effect was such that the population of that area of the city still speak with an English accent. I have the greatest difficulty in understanding Peter Grant on the radio or when he speaks at the AGM and I see little point in attending the "Dinner with Peter Grant" being organised at Carrow for the same reason.

If I was going to live and work in France I would take the trouble to learn the French accent especially if I was likely to appear often in public and I am surprised that Peter has not done this on coming to England. Most Scots do in business life but for some reason their footballers do not seem to consider it necessary seeming to think that the odd football boot thrown about the dressing room solves the problem (as in Feguson''s case). Brian Gunn has modified his accent sufficiently to be elected to a high position in the City and, as we all know, is highly respected. Perhaps he could have a word with his current boss and get Peter to have some elecution lessons.

This might solve the problem in the interview room!

[quote user="T07"][quote user="yellow blood"]So the 8 that joined this Summer didn''t know anyone here? Ballcocks![/quote]

Hardly in the class of those that went elsewhere are they.... given a choice......not exactly in demand our motley crew were they?
[/quote]

So that is the evidence that the current manager is not popular...players who were in demand at other clubs didn''t sign for us so the Manager is the one at fault? No other possible reasons....??

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]
The logic of this rural fleabrain''s claim is that any player receiving an enquiry about joining the club has contacted one or more of the present playing staff.

" Hello, I''ve been asked to join your club and would like to have a converstaion with somebody who is already playing for them.? "

The idea of a current player slagging off the manager to a third party, the idea of a prospective signing contacting a player beggars belief - were it not for the knowledge that this ''story'' comes from a binner.

[/quote]

I can believe that players may call their "mates" already at the club but I still agree with you that it''s a cack argument and one that wouldn''t stack up...god, Worthy must have been really poo last Summer...Poor Lee Croft obviously was Billy no-mates so decided to join!

What players, targets, and clubs are being referred to? If current players slated the manager and the club why are they still here?

Re Grant''s accent, what nonsense! Does he have to learn a Norfolk accent? Do people from Norwich have to talk with a London accent in the business world? Are Geordies with an equally strong language allowed to continue to speak it because they are a few miles the "right" side of the border?

[quote user="T07"]It seems the reason for a number of players not wishing to join our illustrious if rather small club is actually as a result of conversations those ''targets'' had with members of the current squad about the current atmosphere under Mr Grant. I''ll let you look at the targets and our squad members previous clubs and let you do the intriguing bit.

Interesting eh?
[/quote]

People talk to their contacts whether they are joining an insurance company or doctor''s surgery. They want to find out what the boss is like and the general vibe. It''s what happens....and decisions are often based on the information gleaned.

To slag off another poster yet again because it may conflict with "all that is holy" speaks volumes about the lack of worldliness people have on this forum.

Get real for heaven''s sake.......

So the aim of the game is to match our targets to players in the city squad who they may have been in contact with at previous clubs.

Eastwood - Southend - ???

Sharp - Scunny - ???

Carter - West Brom - Earnshaw?

Shawgrass - Manchester United - ???

Must admit im struggling.

[quote user="Cluck "]

Interesting eh?
[/quote]

People talk to their contacts whether they are joining an insurance company or doctor''s surgery. They want to find out what the boss is like and the general vibe. It''s what happens....and decisions are often based on the information gleaned.

To slag off another poster yet again because it may conflict with "all that is holy" speaks volumes about the lack of worldliness people have on this forum.

[/quote]

Not saying that they don''t talk to their "mates" but it doesn''t really stack up in this case.

Id go with the logic that players ask how much and will they play every week.  I dont believe for one minute that Grant would repel possible signings as he has had an excellent impact on the club already, and is little by little trying to get rid of our nice guy image.  Perhaps it is the vigour and determination he has, which upsets some of the lazier players.  Grant has been a winner and perhaps there are some guys in the club who do not share his mentality, just happy for their pay cheque. (which granty would not have for one second) Perhaps there is an atmosphere because Grant has come in and shaken a few players out of their comfort zone and wants them to earn their crust.  all questions we can merely speculate upon, as we do not have access to the hallowed turf of Colney or the halls of power at Carrow Road.

Get some therapy TO7! talk about trying to rubbish PG with the slightest excuse, its pathetic. I expect Clucky to try it, it certainly has his style.............but you?.

A ludicrous idea and a rather sad one at that!.

ring ring:

Hello, NCFC.

Oh, hello, Davs here. I''ve been asked to sign for city and I''m wondering what it is like there?

I wouldn''t bother mate. It''s sh*ite here and you won''t get in the team.

Oh, cheers pal, I''ll go elsewhere then.

Click.

Granty: Who was that on the phone Doc?

Wrong number boss!

[quote user="Bobert"]If I was going to live and work in France I would take the trouble to learn the French accent especially if I was likely to appear often in public and I am surprised that Peter has not done this on coming to England. [/quote]

hahaha

This ranks as some of the most innane rubbish I''ve ever read on this site...! Get a grip will ya?!

[quote user="Cluck "]

Interesting eh?
[/quote]

[/quote]

So I assume that Marshall has a weird masochistic fetish and couln''t resist coming back for second helpings of misery then?

Get real for heaven''s sake......[;)] 

what a funny thread! I choked on my KFC chicken Twizzler!

of course its not because players arent keen on PG. its money, Family location, Bigger clubs.. some players simply sign because they want a change of pace etc....

jas :)

" because it may conflict with "all that is holy"No because it conflicts with all that is a reasoned argument. I do wonder if cluck and smudger are not on some enormous double bluff, posting up nonsense as a pee take of the binners.

[quote user="Bobert"]

I would question whether the players can actually understand what he says. The population of the Morningside area of Edinburgh understood the "accent" problem at the turn of the last century and to solve it hired English tutors for their children to "correct" their speech. The effect was such that the population of that area of the city still speak with an English accent. I have the greatest difficulty in understanding Peter Grant on the radio or when he speaks at the AGM and I see little point in attending the "Dinner with Peter Grant" being organised at Carrow for the same reason.

If I was going to live and work in France I would take the trouble to learn the French accent especially if I was likely to appear often in public and I am surprised that Peter has not done this on coming to England. Most Scots do in business life but for some reason their footballers do not seem to consider it necessary seeming to think that the odd football boot thrown about the dressing room solves the problem (as in Feguson''s case). Brian Gunn has modified his accent sufficiently to be elected to a high position in the City and, as we all know, is highly respected. Perhaps he could have a word with his current boss and get Peter to have some elecution lessons.

This might solve the problem in the interview room!

[/quote]What a load of ubbish. So Arsene Wenger talks like he''s from North London does he? And Fergies Glaswegian accent has clearly held him back! To attack Grant because he has a strong accent is rediculous. And by the way, my sister lives in Edinburgh and people in Morningside do not have "English" accents they are just, generally rich people and have what I would call posh accents, in the same way that people from Kensington don''t sound the same as those from Lewisham. Incidentally, if you were going to live in France you would only learn the accent and not the language? Don''t know how far you would get...

macdougall''s perm

T07.....It seems the reason for a number of players not wishing to join our illustrious if rather small club is actually as a result of conversations those ''targets'' had with members of the current squad about the current atmosphere under Mr Grant. I''ll let you look at the targets and our squad members previous clubs and let you do the intriguing bit.

Interesting eh?

So I assume that Marshall has a weird masochistic fetish and couln''t resist coming back for second helpings of misery then?

Delia only wanted Marshall because she thought it was Andy Marshall re-signing....thus maintaining her "old boys" network...

Truth is the Jock wanted a shop window in England to further his career...as the opt out in his contract will prove if he''s any good......

Get real for heaven''s sake!........(no smiley as I''m really angry).

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="Cluck "]

Interesting eh?
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

For cryin'' out loud Cluck.. this is how to quote Maccy D''s post... how many more times.. jeez... some people [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="Cluck "]

Interesting eh?
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

For cryin'' out loud Cluck.. this is how to quote Maccy D''s post... how many more times.. jeez... some people [;)]

[/quote]

I prefer my way NN.......it''s far more masculine.    [;)]

[quote user="lobster catcher"]Come on mods,we can all see where this thread is going,time for a lock down[|-)][/quote]

Come on for heavens sake....if you play with the growns ups expect to be treated like one. Here also we have "Ralph Totally Irrelevant" playing the infantile "binner" card, and then you asking for a "lock out".....It smacks so much of what is so desperately wrong with society in 2007 and how a mere handful of closetted people are trying to dictate events for the many.

Just get on with it like me and stop whineing when somebody posts something you don''t agree with. If you want candyfloss tune into Jackanory.....otherwise grow up. As far as I can see there is nothing obscene or offensive on this thread other than a pair of misguided individuals trying to stop free speech and thus stifle independant opinion.......

Live with it.

[quote user="Cluck "]macdougall''s perm

T07.....It seems the reason for a number of players not wishing to join our illustrious if rather small club is actually as a result of conversations those ''targets'' had with members of the current squad about the current atmosphere under Mr Grant. I''ll let you look at the targets and our squad members previous clubs and let you do the intriguing bit.

Interesting eh?

Delia only wanted Marshall because she thought it was Andy Marshall re-signing....thus maintaining her "old boys" network...

Truth is the Jock wanted a shop window in England to further his career...as the opt out in his contract will prove if he''s any good......

[/quote]

Surely your Mum taught you that you shouldn''t hit girls? [:)]

macdougall''s perm

Interesting eh?

Macdougallspermwearsgirlsclothes.

Surely your Mum taught you that you shouldn''t hit girls? [:)]

Only after I beat her up!  Mind you...she did forget the fruitgums.........[;)]