Sign in to follow this  
oh huckerby

reception for safri?

Neither a judas or a tosserr.  He played well for us and certainly gave us one of the best moments at Carrow road, with his bullet aginst Newcastle.  Granted he has not always been a full season player, but in my opinion he was scapegoated for representing his country in ALN Cup and for Ramadan (both of which did not prevent club from signing him)Perhaps he did not get on well with grant but he has now gone to play elsewhere.  Safs never pulled out of a challenge and always put in a good shift when he played. Look at our stats without him last season.  Good luck Saf in your future but dont score on Saturday. 

[quote user="oh huckerby"]judas![/quote]I will give him an oustanding ovation . As T07 said in a previous thread[quote user="T07"]

One of the best midfielders ever to play for Norwich. Ruthlessly

dedicated. Perfectly able to play during Ramadan, as many Muslims do,

but oh no, our clubs coaching staff know better, the same coaching

staff that continue to select Hughes and the mob before them that

bought him.

Safri is class and enjoys playing at Norwich. Probably ciricised by the same people that gave Ashton stick last night. You''re

only hearing one side of this. Noticed which side is respectful enough

to keep their gob shut and which does the slagging off[/quote]I am sorry to bring on this again but there are two sides to every story. Thank you Youssef for all the good memories.

[quote user="Steve Mortlock"]    Neither a judas or a tosserr.  He played well for us and certainly gave us one of the best moments at Carrow road, with his bullet aginst Newcastle.  Granted he has not always been a full season player, but in my opinion he was scapegoated for representing his country in ALN Cup and for Ramadan (both of which did not prevent club from signing him)Perhaps he did not get on well with grant but he has now gone to play elsewhere.  Safs never pulled out of a challenge and always put in a good shift when he played. Look at our stats without him last season.  Good luck Saf in your future but dont score on Saturday.  [/quote]i will not boo, probley give him a clap or two but in the last season or two he has been annoying, he has not been the best plaer, and has not been available half the time cos he was ''tierd'' that was pateticyou dont get tierdin the summer hols (3 weeks so far ) alomost every day i go out to play footy for 5 hours come back an dim not tierd, i didnt get to the end of the week and be tierd so silly excuse

I will applaud him on Saturday.Mind you, I stood up & applauded Ashton off the pitch the other week while almost the whole stadium booed him!

He was neither good enough or bad enough to care about either way.  In my opinion he is one of the more average players i''ve seen at Carrow Road in the last 20 years and i wont bother booing or clapping him, he''s just another Southampton player as far as i''m concerned.

I think he is going to get a rough ride...........from players and fans alike.  I am a sheep so will just do what everyone else does [:P]

I certainly won''t applaud him, well thats if he plays, we all know that he could be injured or lost in morocco oh and whens ramadam!

I believe that safri has been a nightmare to deal with over the past 12 months, he hasnt set a good example and behaved well, and he''s not exactly been mr reliable or consistent on the pitch. No warm applause i''m afraid, depends on my mood he may get a boo. Lets rip fown the moroccan flag, and get ''Le Juge'' in his place. Oh and brellier, test out his niggling injuries with a few crunching tackles.

[quote user="king of latvia"]

pg tartin army i find your remarks insulting to safri and to morocan people.

web team this could be looked at as a racist remark.sort it out

[/quote]PGTA''s saying, in emotive language, that the new midfielder''s flag should effectively replace the (departed) other''s. We don''t see how this is racist.

[quote user="The Penguin"]I too will applaud Saf`s, gave his all every time he wore a city shirt, i was very sad to see him go![/quote]Agreed, just watch his goal against Newcastle, then you should all be applauding...

[quote user="king of latvia"]

pg tartin army i find your remarks insulting to safri and to morocan people.

web team this could be looked at as a racist remark.sort it out

[/quote]

Morocan? Is that Latvian for Moroccan

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="The Penguin"]I too will applaud Saf`s, gave his all every time he wore a city shirt, i was very sad to see him go![/quote]

Agreed, just watch his goal against Newcastle, then you should all be applauding...
[/quote]

This was Safri''s problem all along. We are stil talking about his goal v. newcastle 3 years ago, the bloke never did anything since, I watched play against the mighty Peterbourgh last night and I realised he doesn;t actually do much, he rune maybe 10 or 20 yards eithier side of the halfway line, bottles tackles and coasts through games.

I won''t boo him on Saturday but I won''t be clapping eithier.

[quote user="Peter Grnts Army"]

I certainly won''t applaud him, well thats if he plays, we all know that he could be injured or lost in morocco oh and whens ramadam!

I believe that safri has been a nightmare to deal with over the past 12 months, he hasnt set a good example and behaved well, and he''s not exactly been mr reliable or consistent on the pitch. No warm applause i''m afraid, depends on my mood he may get a boo. Lets rip fown the moroccan flag, and get ''Le Juge'' in his place. Oh and brellier, test out his niggling injuries with a few crunching tackles.

[/quote]

A player who actually made a difference when he played ( or was picked, note worthy dropped him in the prem and Grant last season, we hardly ever won when he didnt play - great management) (72 appearances in the last 2 seasons) , compared to the useless and now departed pile of poo Andy ''£550,000'' Hooves who you defend to the hilt. (79 appearances in the last 2 seasons)  OH WHATS THAT  they have both played in almost the same number of games!

Anyway as explained at the time IT WAS NOT TIREDNESS, it was MUSCLE FATIGUE.  ****

People have short memories.  Five minutes ago he was the darling of the barclay with his own flag and song.

He had to move on cos him and Grant didn''t get on.

I''ll give him a clap on saturday.

I''m not really bothered now that he doesn''t play for us any more - I suppose I will clap, I certainly won''t be booing him. I have to agree tho, that I hope that Saturdy is one of his poorer performances :)

[quote user="give it a rest"]

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="The Penguin"]I too will applaud Saf`s, gave his all every time he wore a city shirt, i was very sad to see him go![/quote]

Agreed, just watch his goal against Newcastle, then you should all be applauding...
[/quote]

This was Safri''s problem all along. We are stil talking about his goal v. newcastle 3 years ago, the bloke never did anything since, I watched play against the mighty Peterbourgh last night and I realised he doesn;t actually do much, he rune maybe 10 or 20 yards eithier side of the halfway line, bottles tackles and coasts through games.

I won''t boo him on Saturday but I won''t be clapping eithier.

[/quote]

its a shame people also forget Saf Scored against Bristol rovers and Hull city too.

jas :)

I apologise if i''ve caused any offence because i certainly didint mean too, and thanks webteam for realising my previous comment certainly wasnt intended to be racist! All i''m saying is that we should make sure safri knows we''re better off without him. I personally (opinions allowed remember) believe that we dont need him and that is behaviour was poor!

I once again apologise for any offence caused, and i hope all Moroccans will forgive me if i sounded like i was ready to set fire to their flag.

[quote user="SI"]

I am sorry to bring on this again but there are two sides to every story.

Thank you Youssef for all the good memories.
[/quote]

I have a feeling that you know Safri, so cmon spill the beans and tell us his side of the story cause as you say theres always 2 sides to listen to.

I will not boo either, remember that awsome strike against newcastle I hink it was. WOOW! Really looking forward to going to the game though.

OTBC!

The reason i defended Hughes CJF was because unlike safri i believe Hughes was a good squad player, (yes, he lacked quality i''m afraid), battled, ran his socks off and showed commitment and pride to the shirt. Safri off the pitch has been a disgrace i believe, i for one appreciate commitment.

[/quote]

Why does everyone refer back to his flukey goal vs Newcastle? because that''s all he ever done.

I''d refer you to go see the few goals Doherty has scored in his career, then come back and applaud him.