Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Then why can't we get one, Peter?

From the EDP.

Grant is determined to add a central defender to his squad and declared his interest in Davenport after the pre-season win against Vitesse Arnhem.

"I want competitive spirit in the team and on the training ground and I want players to be fighting for their position," he said. "People like Calum are very, very good players. There''s a hell
of a lot of good players out there. [read central defenders]

If there''s so many of them  , then why can''t we get one, Peter??????

Somebody should level with us.

[:S]

OTBC

To be fair, we have a while before the TW closes, we don''t know what is going on behind the scenes do we?  PG cannot make players come to CR if they dont want to can he?

I am sure if the worst comes to the worst there are youngsters he could bring in the team [:^)]

I agree, I can''t believe we haven''t signed anyone.  However I take issue with the fact there are plenty of good players out there.  Over the past few months there have been so many strikers linked with us, but when it comes to central defenders, you could have counted the number we''ve been linked to on one hand.  I don''t think it''s a popular trade to learn these days.  Most young players probably want the koudos of being a striker and scoring goals.  It''s certainly a position in demand.  I wonder if we''ve searched abroad?

[quote user="sig"]I agree, I can''t believe we haven''t signed anyone.  However I take issue with the fact there are plenty of good players out there.  Over the past few months there have been so many strikers linked with us, but when it comes to central defenders, you could have counted the number we''ve been linked to on one hand.  I don''t think it''s a popular trade to learn these days.  Most young players probably want the koudos of being a striker and scoring goals.  It''s certainly a position in demand.  I wonder if we''ve searched abroad?[/quote]

You mean Scotland?