Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

And Joe Lewis did a good job too!

Well done Joe.

I hope Marshall doesnt mean we never see him in a Norwich jersey.  This season looks to be good for him, I cant remember if he is gone the whole year, or just 3 months?

[quote user="gissing canary"]

Well done Joe.

I hope Marshall doesnt mean we never see him in a Norwich jersey.  This season looks to be good for him, I cant remember if he is gone the whole year, or just 3 months?

[/quote]

I''ve got a friend who has waited about 35 years for League football at Morecambe.

They are *so* impressed by young Joe - he''s already a crowd favourite!  I think he is on loan for the season and I bet you they try to sign him if they stay in League II.  I don''t know where he learned it from but apparently in the Barnet match he was impressively vocal to his defence, not always by way of encouraging them.

Whatever happens it is wonderful experience for him.  If a youngster can survive down there among the aged claggers you can only go upwards.

I am told he had quite a rough time in their first game, Barnet tending towards the physical (Lol) and some very tough challenges on him but he took it all and just got on with it.  Weak reffing didn''t give him much protection according to my friend.

By the way, Canaries, if you want to get shot of your defence could you please send them to Lincoln who have now shipped eight goals in two games!  They may not be good enough for you but I suspect one or two might cope with League 2.  It''s worth a try anyway.

Yours in desperation............what an awful start.

[quote user="gissing canary"]

Well done Joe.

[/quote]

Until the end of December, hopefully he will stay for the whole season though. 

So Joe drops down two leagues to Morecambe and begins his campaign against Barnet and Preston? The same two teams Norwich start with but in reverse? What are the chances!

you wouyldnt want our defence Imps fan! i wouldnt wish Gary Doherty on anyone.. he''d make ur defenders look like Paolo Maldini!

jas :)

I''ll take your word for that then!  You certainly wouldn''t want ours.

Joe''s save against Barnet was on UTube and you can see why he (apparently) kept shouting at his defence.

It reminds me of Lincoln!  Two Barnet players do a 1-2 on the edge of the area and the nearest defender just backs off holding up a sign saying: "Go on then, have a shot."  He might well have blocked had he gone in.  They''ll learn I am sure but I think he will have a busy season which is also good for him. 

It was a very good strike going at some force to the top corner and your Mr Lewis did very well to put it on the bar and away to safety.