Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Oh damn it!, only 5?

What hope has this club got?, what use is the manager and board?.

I mean, we were only 5 goals up at half time, and then what?, we let them score two. Off with their heads and boil them in oil for this misrable failure!.

For those of you who are a bit slow today, yes, I am being ironic. We done the job and we done it well  in my opinion. Not something which was wanted or desired by some, hello Clucky and Smudgey.

To those two, I would only say ''your boys took one hell of a beating in MKs last night!''.

And well done Jamie, some of us on here never doubted you!.

There is a severe lack of praise on here today, or are you still shell shocked?. So lets here it for the team, had we had lost you would have been bloody quick off the mark. 

Yes, it was Barnet, but City can only play/destroy whats in front of them can''t they?.

ON THE BALL CITY!       [:D]

The manager is bang on to give them a roasting for their second half performances - I want him to, I expect him to...

BUT I''m not the manager and I was loving it, and really couldn''t give a monkeys that we let in 2... I hope the manager does for me! It''s so good that Jamies broke his duck with his first touch - amazing even!!! I hope he goes on and on this season!

Just look at his little chubby features in this picture;

http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/index.asp

Talk about geniue delight, eh? [:)]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I mean, we were only 5 goals up at half time, and then what?, we let them score two. Off with their heads and boil them in oil for this misrable failure!.

For those of you who are a bit slow today, yes, I am being ironic. We done the job and we done it well  in my opinion. Not something which was wanted or desired by some, hello Clucky and Smudgey.

To those two, I would only say ''your boys took one hell of a beating in MKs last night!''.

There is a severe lack of praise on here today, or are you still shell shocked?. So lets here it for the team, had we had lost you would have been bloody quick off the mark. 

Yes, it was Barnet, but City can only play/destroy whats in front of them can''t they?.

[/quote]

Agreed, a result to be pleased with but I am really concerned with Grant''s comments about Jamie''s failure to pass to his big summer signing:

"To me it just smacks of a lack of professionalism and a lack of respect for your team."

There is no way that a manager should say this publicly. Would you ever here Ferguson, Wenger or Rafa saying this after a 5-2 victory in which the player in question hit two goals? No way.

Why does Grant do this?

Doesn''t he realise that coming out to the press and saying this about an individual player is more lacking in professionalism and respect than failing to pass the ball to a team mate.

I think Grant has brought a breath of fresh air and has done very well in the transfer market but his loud mouth will cause him more problems than benefits - keep it to the dressing room PG.

ON THE BALL CITY! 

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

agreed wiz!

the game was won by the 25th minute.. Barnet were not going to score 5 were they?

the chap next to me whinged the whole game saying how "this was awful" and "we are shockingly poor" he still whinged even after i pointed out that the game was won! idiiot!

jas :)

Yea and the same Barnet beat us 2-0 in the second half and dont give me the foot off the pedal nonsense, they are pro''s and should be ruthless  at all times if we are to be successful, they just did not take it easy second half they were shocking imo.

You won''t here me moaning if saturdays game is the same.Five goals in 30 mins couldn''t be kept up all game could it,It was a classic case of comfort zone play.Not good or cleaver but understandable this early in the season.Roll on saturday the atmosphere is going to be cracking[:D]

Yes it was only Barnet but they showed great potential, hopefully this will kick off a great home record this year. So what if they scored 2 at the end? The game was over after half an hour, and im sure we will batter a low in confidence southampton now.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

agreed wiz!

the game was won by the 25th minute.. Barnet were not going to score 5 were they?

the chap next to me whinged the whole game saying how "this was awful" and "we are shockingly poor" he still whinged even after i pointed out that the game was won! idiiot!

[/quote]Did that chap resemble a certain poster on here LOL

I agree Wiz, but those to whom you are directing your comments were not the only ones,

PG himself, also was not pleased, he described the first half as "dissappointing" and the second half "abysmal".

He also saught to single out Jamie for critisism which I felt particularly unreasonable !

[quote user="ricky knight"]Yea and the same Barnet beat us 2-0 in the second half and dont give me the foot off the pedal nonsense, they are pro''s and should be ruthless  at all times if we are to be successful, they just did not take it easy second half they were shocking imo.[/quote]

Im assuming you didnt go to the game, or you''d have mentioned the FIVE we scored before that [;)]

[quote user="ricky knight"]Yea and the same Barnet beat us 2-0 in the second half and dont give me the foot off the pedal nonsense, they are pro''s and should be ruthless  at all times if we are to be successful, they just did not take it

easy second half they were shocking imo.[/quote]

Even Man U and Chelsea have done the same when cruising, still don''t let that stop you from whinging!. I see you forget to mention our 5 rather well taken goals.

Be honest, you were hoping for a City defeat wern''t you?, all binners did!!.[:|]

[quote user="ricky knight"]Yea and the same Barnet beat us 2-0 in the second half and dont give me the foot off the pedal nonsense, they are pro''s and should be ruthless  at all times if we are to be successful, they just did not take it easy second half they were shocking imo.[/quote]

there is no such thing as winning 2-0 in the seond half! it''s like saying when you score the first goal after 8 minutes "we won the first 8 minutes", pointless.

The only statistic that counts is 5-2 to us, that means we won, fact.

Anyone on here ever heard he expression"we battered them today in ever way expect they scored the only goal".Yes the second half was a pile of pants,yes if we play like that saturday we will get battered,but we won last night and we wont play like the second half saturday,come on guys and girls lets have a half full glass for a change

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

I agree Wiz, but those to whom you are directing your comments were not the only ones,

PG himself, also was not pleased, he described the first half as "dissappointing" and the second half "abysmal".

He also saught to single out Jamie for critisism which I felt particularly unreasonable !

[/quote]

Its just his style Jim, he said the same to Hucks and that didn''t turn out bad did it?. And I can guarentee you he spoke to Jamie and the lads well before making any press statements.

But of courase the anti club mob on here will seize any crumb they can to ''rubbish'' Grant and the whole City set up.

I''d relax mate, Peter''s doing well, so lets just be pleased about that.

Let me explain the rules of football to you briefly, the winning team is the one that scores the most goals over the entire ninety minutes. You aggregate the scores from either half so, in fact Barnet did not beat us in any shape or form - we beat them 5-2. i.e. we scored 5 goals in the first half and they scored 2 in the second half - the net result of which - Norwich City 5 - Barnet 2. Is that clear enough for you? [;)]

Do you actually know anything about football? They can''t beat us 2-0 in the second half because the only score that stands is that we BEAT THEM 5-2! If we ever lose 2-1 you certainly won''t hear me saying, "oh well we beat them 1 - 0 in the second half." And they did take their foot off the pedal - although I don''t agree with it, they did it so they could conserve energy for Saturday I''m sure. If we win 5 - 2 every game would you be angry because we got beat 2- 0 in the second half all the time?

Wiz, thats what you have been on aint it, why is it if anyone says something against city they are a binner, dont you live in suffolk. I am looking at the whole picture, there is shutting up shop and there is being careless, you dont find man u or chelsea being careless, they are pros. Carry on in dreamland guys just like you did when we hammered Barnsley last year, there is still a hell of alot of work to be done imo, oh yea morecombe beat Preston last night, the fortress where we were lucky to get a point. We will see wont we Wiz.

[quote user="hogesar"]

Im assuming you didnt go to the game, or you''d have mentioned the FIVE we scored before that [;)]

[/quote]

very nice they were too, but the 2nd half was a worry, but maybe i am paranoid, we will see.

Be honest, you were hoping for a City defeat wern''t you?, all binners did!!.

Honestly Wiz - some of you lot out there (Ralph Wright is a classic case in point) are totally obsessed with turning any seemingly ''negative'' comment into an anti binner tirade or jibe. Anyone who stands up for reasoned debate about the two clubs or who (like Ricky) has a good old criticism of us as he did in this thread are immediately labelled ''binner''s. The guy has posted 551 times on this message board. Why the hell would an Ipswich fan do that (or go to Carrow Rd as he did come to that). You need to lighten up a bit and get rid of that Ipswich like chip on your shoulder! Don''t lower yourself to their level.       

good job football is played in 2 halves then isnt it ricky.. we won...

what would u rather.. we played like Brazil every night and lost? or played how we did last night won every game and won promotion?

doenst matter how u win em

[quote user="Cobain18"]

Do you actually know anything about football? They can''t beat us 2-0 in the second half because the only score that stands is that we BEAT THEM 5-2! If we ever lose 2-1 you certainly won''t hear me saying, "oh well we beat them 1 - 0 in the second half." And they did take their foot off the pedal - although I don''t agree with it, they did it so they could conserve energy for Saturday I''m sure. If we win 5 - 2 every game would you be angry because we got beat 2- 0 in the second half all the time?

Actually i played at a very good standard and if we had a shocking first half the manager would say, get some pride back win the 2nd half, its a figure of speech, Try looking at the whole picture, Barnet indeed won the 2nd half we were awful, but some of you act like we have beaten man u and chelsea in one night. The first half was encouraging but second half proved we must do better to win championship matches, just my opinion, not set in stone and as i always say, i will be happy to be wrong. As for being a binner look no further than Queen Delia, i have burnt ipswich scarves never worn them.

[/quote]

So Chelsea and Man Utd, to mention but two, are unsuccessful for the numerous occasions that they take their foot off the pedal.

Just a point about being a Binner, i was at portaloo road in 1968, for a league cup match, my then girlfriend had her leg broken in three places by yobs when she went to the toilet, certainly no time for them at all and to indicate such over a post i believe in, whether you agree with it or not is getting rather tiresome.  I would bet i have done as many miles and away games as anyone on here but if i feel city are not doing the business on or off the field i will say so after all its just my opinion.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Cobain18"]

Actually i played at a very good standard and if we had a shocking first half the manager would say, get some pride back win the 2nd half, its a figure of speech, Try looking at the whole picture, Barnet indeed won the 2nd half we were awful, but some of you act like we have beaten man u and chelsea in one night. The first half was encouraging but second half proved we must do better to win championship matches, just my opinion, not set in stone and as i always say, i will be happy to be wrong. As for being a binner look no further than Queen Delia, i have burnt ipswich scarves never worn them.

[/quote][/quote]

Fair play, I understand that it was Barnet and I''m not trying to glorify it -we took our foot off the pedal which we shouldn''t have and worryingly we didn''t seem able to step back up a few gears. I think that it was a good result but I do understand your concerns about our defence. Sorry if I misinterpreted your original statement by the way.

[quote user="Grumpy "]

So Chelsea and Man Utd, to mention but two, are unsuccessful for the numerous occasions that they take their foot off the pedal.

[/quote]

but the difference is they dont concede twice in the 2nd half against inferior opponents, we did, looked disjointed and our defence looked a shambles as a unit, thats my worry not the first half, which was quite positive.

[quote user="Cobain18"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Cobain18"]

[/quote][/quote]

Fair play, I understand that it was Barnet and I''m not trying to glorify it -we took our foot off the pedal which we shouldn''t have and worryingly we didn''t seem able to step back up a few gears. I think that it was a good result but I do understand your concerns about our defence. Sorry if I misinterpreted your original statement by the way.

[/quote]

No probs, i having no worries with counter arguement, put in a constructive way, its all this dont question anything about city mentality that ticks me off.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]The guy has posted 551 times on this message board. Why the hell would an Ipswich fan do that[/quote]

Yellow Rider, you write as if it''s a new thing when I can prove to you that it isn''t.

Just click on to this: http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=891&posts=12

The poster in question, Anglo-Saxon, is a binners fan and as you can see has submitted the best part of 16,000 posts and I''m sure that posters like mb ncfc, paint_me_yellow and cityangel will back me up on this. Basically, it''s all about having good banter in spite of the rivalry.

And for the record, I just don''t believe that ricky knight IS an Ippo fan - I think that''s a bit obvious going by what he''s submitted before really.

Anyway - the Barnet game. Superb first half, really pleased for Curo and Russell and an absolute cracker from Lappin [:D]

Poor second half, mainly due to a shift of focus to Saturday''s game - something which shouldn''t have happened, but perhaps understandable when you go in at half-time 5 goals to the good.

[quote user="ricky knight"]but if i feel city are not doing the business on or off the field i will say so after all its just my opinion.[/quote]

Ye Gods, City not doing the buisness on the field?, we we were 5 nil up at half time for Gods sake man.

Now repeat after me Ricky, Ipswich Town FC are a pile of cr*p and a sad bunch of losers. Lets see you say that and mean it without choking on the words!

You don''t help your case you really don''t.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Cobain18"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Cobain18"]

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote]

No probs, i having no worries with counter arguement, put in a constructive way, its all this dont question anything about city mentality that ticks me off.

[/quote]

completely agree with u, i can respect other people''s point of view and think that thi board is all about hearing other peoples point of views