Sign in to follow this  
Cosmic Twin

QPR in trouble?

I was wondering if anyone else had seen this news today about the QPR takeover and their tax bill?

But around £1million must be paid to the Inland Revenue at the end of the month and as things stand, QPR have no ability whatsoever to make that payment and they face administration – or worse – unless a takeover is agreed.
(from a QPR website ~  qprreport.blogspot.com) Sorry no good at doing proper links!

I can think of other teams in the Championship I''d rather have this happen to! [;)]

[quote user="Cosmic Twin"]

I was wondering if anyone else had seen this news today about the QPR takeover and their tax bill?

But around £1million must be paid to the Inland Revenue at the end of the month and as things stand, QPR have no ability whatsoever to make that payment and they face administration – or worse – unless a takeover is agreed.
(from a QPR website ~  qprreport.blogspot.com) Sorry no good at doing proper links!

I can think of other teams in the Championship I''d rather have this happen to! [;)]

[/quote]

Not very familiar with their squad, any centrebacks worth having?

Its because they agreed a deal, like Cardiff to save them, but the season people lend to dodgy companies or people is to get high rates of return (US Subprime rings a bell), and now they are crippled, and they have left the Inland Revenue to last as leeds did, and thats the trigger, but i dont think the cause, they are crippled with debt.

I feel most sorry for Cook, as he gave up his money from Fulham, just to see the club go down anyway.

But does anyone know, do they have a good centre back or creative midfielder??

Yes.

They have Damien Stewert - a Jamaican international centre back in the same sort of mold as Moore at Derby. He signed for them before the start of last season and has done a good job for them. He is their best defender by miles the others are hardly worth the bother. They have Mancienne on loan from Chelsea otherwise. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damion_Stewart).

Midfield - nothing better than what we have. They had Smith last season and used a mixture of him, Bircham, Rowlands and Lomas. Lomas was released and is getting on a bit now, Bircham has joined a League one side I think and thats probably his level. I say all of this because I watched them a couple of times last season.

Other than that they have Ray Jones - a quick, young and powerful striker. They really did struggle last season. They have a lot of very committed players - as Cook was but have a very mercenary squad. I think a lot of players in there have been around the leagues a bit. Even if you take their signings since January.

[quote user="Cosmic Twin"]

[/quote]

Apparently not.

QPR Chairman Says QPR Saved! Briatore to Take Over

-
UPDATED:

The Sun - F1 chief Flavio is a Ranger
By PAUL JIGGINS -August 17, 2007

FORMULA ONE chief Flavio Briatore has won the race to buy QPR.
The Renault boss will complete a £22million deal for the Londoners early next week.
It follows three months of negotiations between the Italian tycoon and Rangers chairman Gianni Paladini.
Billionaire Briatore has agreed to wipe out Rangers’ £17m debt — saving the club from going bust.
He is also expected to give boss John Gregory cash to splash in January’s transfer window.
Paladini will stay on as chairman at Loftus Road.
And last night he said: “It’s a dream come true for QPR fans and saves this club from liquidation.
"Mr Briatore wants to do for QPR what Mohamed Fayed has for Fulham and turn us into a Premier League club.”
Flamboyant Briatore, 57, is renowned for having a shrewd business brain.
He transformed the US operations of fashion firm Benetton and turned just five stores into 800.
In 1989 Luciano Benetton asked him to work his magic on his F 1 outfit — and two years later Briatore signed Michael Schumacher.
And in 2003 he promoted reigning Formula One champ Fernando Alonso — who was then Renault’s test driver — to the team.
Briatore has a lavish home in London and last night his spokesman said: “Mr Briatore is looking forward to being involved with English football.
“QPR is a club with a rich history and fine future now.” The Sun

Reuters - Renault chief to become QPR owner, report says
Fri Aug 17, 2007
Flavio Briatore, who runs the Renault Formula One team, is set to become the new owner of English second division club Queens Park Rangers.
"Mr Briatore wants to do for QPR what Mohamed Al Fayed has done for Fulham and turn us into a Premier League club," Rangers chairman Gianni Paladini told the Sun newspaper on Friday.
"It is a dream come true for all the fans and saves this club from liquidation."
Billionaire Briatore, 57, will wipe out QPR''s debt of 17 million pounds and invest an extra 100 million pounds over three years, the Sun reported.
Rangers were last in the Premier League in 1996. Reuters

what can you do with so many money men appearing at other clubs...  Its a damn shame we don''t have an obscenely rich benefactor here at Norwich.  (Its also a damn shame our club has stated it wouldnt even consider going into business with for example a Eggert Magnusson) Such are the problems with being run by backwater yokels.

Hopefully the Turners will at least move us forward from the chums club that we have been run as for many a year now.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

what can you do with so many money men appearing at other clubs...  Its a damn shame we don''t have an obscenely rich benefactor here at Norwich.  (Its also a damn shame our club has stated it wouldnt even consider going into business with for example a Eggert Magnusson) Such are the problems with being run by backwater yokels.

Hopefully the Turners will at least move us forward from the chums club that we have been run as for many a year now.

[/quote]

Not really very constructive or accurate there CJF.[:S]

What QPR & West Ham share are homes in the Big City rather than being miles from anything a foreign investor would want (restaurants, shops, entertainment etc).

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

What QPR & West Ham share are homes in the Big City rather than being miles from anything a foreign investor would want (restaurants, shops, entertainment etc).

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Considering their comments on ''foreign'' investors, I feel my comments were pretty accurate. If not constructive.