Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Don't the Evening Star want to admit defeat?

As I''m sure many of you know the Evening star is the pathetic Ipswich equivalent of the Evening News. I quite often go on their web site (see link below) to see what''s going on south of the border. Last December I was looking forward to going on the web site and reading the Binners angle on our superb victory at Portaloo road. I was pretty suprised to find that their sports section was not updated for quite a few days, until after the Derby victory hype had calmed down. This meant there was nothing on the game. The rest of the web site had been updated but I gave them the benefit of the doubt, thinking their server might be down or the hampster wasn''t going round his wheel fast enough to run their electricity! However, this week I am appalled to find that yet again the Evening Star sports section has NOT been updated. The rest of the web site has. Are the staff at the Evening Star so ashamed that they can''t bear to admit defeat? How pathetic!

http://www.eveningstar.co.uk/index.asp

I see they''ve now updated their Sports section with a story about Potato Head after a loan player. Still no mention of our glorious 3-1 victory over the Binners...

Your dead right DD, Oh, they''re quick enough to issue a badge celebrating a 5 nil win, lose, and they keep quiet. Sad deluded twits!.

Ha! Ha!

I must admit I have never looked at the Evening Star - why would I bother - but to blank out 3 days as if they didn''t exist - thats so funny!

You spurred me on to see what the GreenUn said - but that just ended up forwarding to PremierBlues (some hope!) and then to the Evening Star.

Get your violins out everybody!

notice they have got malky''s story about them coming up with us on the hard copy version tho.
Show''s up potato head''s and wilnis'' moaning even more!

Hope the Evening Star aren''t going to make a habit of putting up nothing everytime the binners lose a game.

Otherwise the sports pages will have to be filled up with guest columnists piping up with their tuppence worth of stupidity -

The Wingeing Binner - every week a town fans puts over why he feels the paintwork is too thick on away grounds goal pots, the unfairness of teams who score more always seeming to win and other fans not giving a flying fut about the binner''s glorious history

His Lordship Speaks - Sage thoughts from his redfaceness on financial probity, motivational cd''s and what he does with his weekly 3 grand from the club

Spudhead Sez - Waiting for Godot. A regular update on the long lost loaneee.
Mr Spudhead writes about his endless search for a loanee (and his search for a way out of his contract while he''s at it)

If not they could always remind us of such binman thoughts as us not signing Huckerby, us coming down with the Xmas decs and why the bookies were correct to make them favourites for automatic promotion.

Myself I stopped taking the paper as the print ink ran so badly we''ve had to revert back to using andrex !

Ooh look. We got a paragraph in their story about a loan player:

"Still reflecting on what might have been in Sunday''s East Anglian derby defeat at Carrow Road, when Ipswich upstaged First Division leaders Norwich in a one-sided first half, Royle believes seven wins from their remaining 11 games will secure his team a play-off spot."

I have never known a football club and it''s supporters to be so unbelievably pathetic in defeat. I''d like to think that if we had lost on Sunday the Evening News or EDP would not have sunk to such pathetic depths of trying to find excuses for a defeat.

The Evening Star obviously left with Royle at half time and didn''t see the second half, which we dominated to a larger extent than they dominated in the first!

Face it Ipswich, you LOST. You didn''t upsatge us and you won''t at any point this season. I''d love to e-mail the good people at the Evening Star but I can''t find an address anywhere on their web site. Funny that!

Peter

Aren''t you, the Evening News and the Evening Star all the same company? (i.e. Archant)

Don''t you have standards of journalism / web site rules that should be followed.

Did theirs get lost in the post?

Can you let us have the editors email address?

EDP and EN are Archant Norfolk, Evening star is archant Suffolk, so yes, ultimately we are all part of the same company.

The editor''s email address is on the website on this page:

http://www.eveningstar.co.uk/Content/contact/asp/NigelPickover.asp

Celia

For me the Evening Star lost all credibility as a serious newspaper when they organised a mock collection for Norwich City, at a time when they were lording it in the premiership and we were having a particularly hard time financially. It was an exceptionally mean-spirited thing to do, the football equivalent of ''Loadsamoney" waving his wad at us. Well, instant karma got ''em in the end.

Dear Mr Pickover

I regularly visit the Evening Star web site to read about stories in Suffolk as I cannot buy the newspaper. I particularly read the sports section. Could you tell me why when Ipswich have played Norwich this season, both at Portman Road in December and Carrow road last Sunday, why there has not been any reports of the game? Football stories have just stopped for 3/4 days until another non Derby related story can be written. Can you tell me why this is? Could it be that you are too proud to admit that Ipswich have lost?

I would be delighted to hear your response.

Yours in anticipation

I''ll tell you if i get a reply. Unlikely!