ricardo

QPR find a Sugar Daddy

So why the hell can''t Norwich?

QPR Chairman Says QPR Saved! Briatore to Take Over

-
UPDATED:

The Sun - F1 chief Flavio is a Ranger
By PAUL JIGGINS -August 17, 2007

FORMULA ONE chief Flavio Briatore has won the race to buy QPR.
The Renault boss will complete a £22million deal for the Londoners early next week.
It follows three months of negotiations between the Italian tycoon and Rangers chairman Gianni Paladini.
Billionaire Briatore has agreed to wipe out Rangers’ £17m debt — saving the club from going bust.
He is also expected to give boss John Gregory cash to splash in January’s transfer window.
Paladini will stay on as chairman at Loftus Road.
And last night he said: “It’s a dream come true for QPR fans and saves this club from liquidation.
"Mr Briatore wants to do for QPR what Mohamed Fayed has for Fulham and turn us into a Premier League club.”
Flamboyant Briatore, 57, is renowned for having a shrewd business brain.
He transformed the US operations of fashion firm Benetton and turned just five stores into 800.
In 1989 Luciano Benetton asked him to work his magic on his F 1 outfit — and two years later Briatore signed Michael Schumacher.
And in 2003 he promoted reigning Formula One champ Fernando Alonso — who was then Renault’s test driver — to the team.
Briatore has a lavish home in London and last night his spokesman said: “Mr Briatore is looking forward to being involved with English football.
“QPR is a club with a rich history and fine future now.” The Sun

Reuters - Renault chief to become QPR owner, report says
Fri Aug 17, 2007
Flavio Briatore, who runs the Renault Formula One team, is set to become the new owner of English second division club Queens Park Rangers.
"Mr Briatore wants to do for QPR what Mohamed Al Fayed has done for Fulham and turn us into a Premier League club," Rangers chairman Gianni Paladini told the Sun newspaper on Friday.
"It is a dream come true for all the fans and saves this club from liquidation."
Billionaire Briatore, 57, will wipe out QPR''s debt of 17 million pounds and invest an extra 100 million pounds over three years, the Sun reported.
Rangers were last in the Premier League in 1996. Reuters

I guess in this instance, it must be a ''London'' thing? The comment in the article that he has a lavish home in London?

However in general terms, it seems as though alot of clubs are being linked with big-money take-overs from foreign investors - regardless of location. I would say (being biased) that Norwich, with it''s exceptional and loyal fan base, lack of other clubs in the catchment area and the infrastructure in place would be a very appealing target. 

I use to want the same for City, but its a poisoned chalice imo. You would have a dictator with more than a 50% stake in the club (and I''m still not overjoyed with our current set up on this either)

Delia only has to sell some 6% of her shares for normality to return, unlike 100% shareholding some major investor would have to sell.

So for now I''m quite happy with our own Sugar Mummy!.[:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

So for now I''m quite happy with our own Sugar Mummy!.[:D]

[/quote]

Me too.....just wish she''d write another book or two to bolster the CR coffers!

Your wish is answered Stevo!

Delia Smith cheats again

Delia Smith is to write a new version of her 1972 début cookery book, How to Cheat at Cooking, to tie in with her return to television for a BBC series of the same name.

The £20 hardback (BBC Books, 4th October) will offer abbreviated recipes for wholesome, quality dishes, that use "cheat" methods or pre-prepared ingredients. "It''s going to cut out time-consuming processes," Smith said. "We''re short-circuiting all the rules."

The title will be crisply designed and entirely rewritten, she added. It will also recommend specific products—although it is not yet clear whether she will be able to do the same on television. "This book has nothing to do with the original one," Smith said. "It''s completely different. Cheating''s come on a lot and there''s so much more available. The way it''s going, I can''t think of anybody who wouldn''t want it. I think it''s what I need."

Smith''s research for the book also inspired her to sign up for her first BBC series in five years, to be aired next spring, despite telling fans in 2004 that she planned to give up television "while the going [was] good". "I had no plans to do any more at all, but I always said ''never say never'' . . . It''s been good for me to sit back and watch for five years."

She added that some of the methods and ingredients she recommends are likely to draw gasps of horror from other celebrity gastronomes, but stressed that it is not her aim to impress them: "I''m not a chef and I''m not about chefs. I''m about people at home."

Smith was persuaded to redo How to Cheat at Cooking after the Random House Group acquired a majority shareholding in BBC Books, her long-time publisher, in June last year, and absorbed the company as an imprint under Ebury. News of the launch comes as a boon to Ebury''s food list, which also boasts the Moro cookbooks, but lost River Café authors Ruth Rogers and Rose Gray to Penguin in April. "Delia is the number one cook in this country and has a longevity that has never been surpassed," said Ebury m.d. Fiona MacIntyre. "She''s a phenomenon."

[quote user="Cosmic Twin"]

Your wish is answered Stevo!

Delia Smith cheats again

Delia Smith is to write a new version of her 1972 début cookery book, How to Cheat at Cooking, to tie in with her return to television for a BBC series of the same name.

The £20 hardback (BBC Books, 4th October) will offer abbreviated recipes for wholesome, quality dishes, that use "cheat" methods or pre-prepared ingredients. "It''s going to cut out time-consuming processes," Smith said. "We''re short-circuiting all the rules."

The title will be crisply designed and entirely rewritten, she added. It will also recommend specific products—although it is not yet clear whether she will be able to do the same on television. "This book has nothing to do with the original one," Smith said. "It''s completely different. Cheating''s come on a lot and there''s so much more available. The way it''s going, I can''t think of anybody who wouldn''t want it. I think it''s what I need."

Smith''s research for the book also inspired her to sign up for her first BBC series in five years, to be aired next spring, despite telling fans in 2004 that she planned to give up television "while the going [was] good". "I had no plans to do any more at all, but I always said ''never say never'' . . . It''s been good for me to sit back and watch for five years."

She added that some of the methods and ingredients she recommends are likely to draw gasps of horror from other celebrity gastronomes, but stressed that it is not her aim to impress them: "I''m not a chef and I''m not about chefs. I''m about people at home."

Smith was persuaded to redo How to Cheat at Cooking after the Random House Group acquired a majority shareholding in BBC Books, her long-time publisher, in June last year, and absorbed the company as an imprint under Ebury. News of the launch comes as a boon to Ebury''s food list, which also boasts the Moro cookbooks, but lost River Café authors Ruth Rogers and Rose Gray to Penguin in April. "Delia is the number one cook in this country and has a longevity that has never been surpassed," said Ebury m.d. Fiona MacIntyre. "She''s a phenomenon."

[/quote]

Strategy sounds familiar. Now we know.

[6]

OTBC