Sign in to follow this  
Truthseeker

Columns

[quote user="Truthseeker"]

I thought the Archant columnists were fairly upbeat this week.

It seems like they actually support the team now! Whatever next?

[/quote]

Well.... let me see....how about you support the NCISA?

[/quote]

Why don''t you take your personal vendetta against Archant off the forum and air your grievances with them by email or face to face?

[/quote]

Has it ever occurred to you that the EDP columnist make negative comments because they need making, and make positive sounds when they like what they are hearing and seeing? Only somebody with a completely blinkered outlook or indeed a vested interest cannot see that things at Carrow Road are one hell of an improvement on what has gone before, and messrs Gedge, Balls and Aiken (to whom I presume you are sarcastically referring - it usually is) are simply reflecting that in their articles. Fundamentally they are all Norwich City fans at heart and want the club to do well. The difference between them and you is that they were realistic enough to come out and say so when it is plainly obvious to the world that the club was going nowhere. Lets hope they can continue to write positively for the rest of the season because the club is doing well.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Truthseeker"]

[/quote]

Why don''t you take your personal vendetta against Archant off the forum and air your grievances with them by email or face to face?

[/quote]

why whats he got against archant ...

how random, ive heard of having a grudge against people, but a newspaper - thats a new one

[quote user="ipswichrscum"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Truthseeker"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

how random, ive heard of having a grudge against people, but a newspaper - thats a new one

[/quote]

Try looking at each and every one of his posts. This should answer your question.

If you were not aware Truthseeker Richard BALLS is now employed by Norwich City Council so i feel you are stretching it a little bit by saying he is an Archant columnist.I am assuming that he is one of the guys you are talking about ? As Neil DONCASTER writes a regular column in the EDP would you refer to him as an Archant columnist ? BALLS,AIKEN and GEDGE all pay good money as season  ticket holders to express their views.The articles they write are by and large spot on unlike the drivel you place on this board.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]CA - Stop being a kill joy, it is quite entertaining. Why dont you take your personal vendetta against Cluck and Smudge off the forum.......[/quote]Cant we just boot cluck and smudger off, it would be a lot easier for everyoneBesides, anything city angel says is alright with me

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="Truthseeker"]

[/quote]

Has it ever occurred to you that the EDP columnist make negative comments because they need making, and make positive sounds when they like what they are hearing and seeing? Only somebody with a completely blinkered outlook or indeed a vested interest cannot see that things at Carrow Road are one hell of an improvement on what has gone before, and messrs Gedge, Balls and Aiken (to whom I presume you are sarcastically referring - it usually is) are simply reflecting that in their articles. Fundamentally they are all Norwich City fans at heart and want the club to do well. The difference between them and you is that they were realistic enough to come out and say so when it is plainly obvious to the world that the club was going nowhere. Lets hope they can continue to write positively for the rest of the season because the club is doing well.

[/quote]

Further and better particulars would be welcome here, I think, Kathy.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Kathy"][quote user="Truthseeker"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

I''m guessing BBB. I have no idea who he is.

[/quote]

what on earth are you talking about.  Seems to me that most of the useless piles of excretement Worthy brought in during these last 3 appalling years have finally been shoved out of the club. 

You sound like Rick ''Andy Hughes is the future of English Football'' Dredgehorn...

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Kathy"][quote user="Truthseeker"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

I''m guessing BBB. I have no idea who he is.

[/quote]

Me neither Kathy. Must be some parvenu. N''est pas?

What periods are you comparing?

OTBC

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Truthseeker"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And to think I cast you as an "angel" in the last Christmas pantomime........This year it''s Snow White....the version where the dwarfs tie her up and plug her into the mains....

I''m sure I can find a suitable role for you in it somewhere.........

[quote user="ipswichrscum"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Truthseeker"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Every Liverpool fan hates The Sun.

I turned immediately to Steve Gedge''s piece in yesterday''s EDP, just to check if he was in full on whinge mode yet. I was a little bit disappointed, although not particularly surprised, to find he was quite positive about the status quo (he''s an old rocker, you know!). Still, it''s extremely early days - give him a few weeks, and if the football is unattractive and we are losing more than our fair share of games, expect him to revert to normal moaning mode. Mind you, if the football is as crap as some of the fare we have had to suffer over the last couple of seasons, I can''t say as I will blame him.

[quote user="Spacebadger"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]CA - Stop being a kill joy, it is quite entertaining. Why dont you take your personal vendetta against Cluck and Smudge off the forum.......[/quote]

Cant we just boot cluck and smudger off, it would be a lot easier for everyone
Besides, anything city angel says is alright with me
[/quote]What a jolly sensible post,i agree one hundred percent

Lobster Catcher - What exactly is it that Cluck and Smudger have done that is so terrible?, lets say for arguements sake they turn out to be a couple of binners on a wind up.......so what, who gives a monkeys, I certaintly do not. Are you really that weak that you would rather take the easy option and have somebody booted off the forum because you do not like what they post?

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]CA - Stop being a kill joy, it is quite entertaining. Why dont you take your personal vendetta against Cluck and Smudge off the forum.......[/quote]

I haven''t got a personal vemdetta against anyone on the forum and I welcome opinions & views on the games we see, the players performances and anything interesting abut the club we love.

What I do have a problem with is people who slag down the new players we have without having seen them play, rubbish the games we play in without having been there and calling any enthusiastic fans on here all the names under the sun.

Hey sons,my problem is the hijacking of perfectly good topics that get turned into anti-board,anti players or anti real fans slaging matches,tell me this have you ever seen one post praising anything that goes on at the club by the afore mentioned.Its not that i don''t like what they post it just that half their posts have nothing to do with the subject being debated and imho it spoils this forum for real fans.Surely anyone wanting/predicting that we will lose don''t deserve to be heard

[quote user="lobster catcher"]Hey sons,my problem is the hijacking of perfectly good topics that get turned into anti-board,anti players or anti real fans slaging matches,tell me this have you ever seen one post praising anything that goes on at the club by the afore mentioned.Its not that i don''t like what they post it just that half their posts have nothing to do with the subject being debated and imho it spoils this forum for real fans.Surely anyone wanting/predicting that we will lose don''t deserve to be heard[/quote]

You really have got it bad haven''t you?

I suggest you have a look at all of the posts I do not contribute to before rabbiting on.....and how many of my posts are actually fully related to comebacks from others. It''s called interacting with fellow posters....whether they like it or not.

And if you honestly believe (or can find anywhere) any posts where I have wished City to lose you must be seriously in need optical enhancement....And if predicting the team might lose is now classed as blasphemy.....best we stop betting or doing the football pools all together eh?......

I fear your idea of a real fan is very different to mine....because it''s just like watching your pet dog die...or have I already done that one?........

[quote user="Cluck "]

[quote user="lobster catcher"]Hey sons,my problem is the hijacking of perfectly good topics that get turned into anti-board,anti players or anti real fans slaging matches,tell me this have you ever seen one post praising anything that goes on at the club by the afore mentioned.Its not that i don''t like what they post it just that half their posts have nothing to do with the subject being debated and imho it spoils this forum for real fans.Surely anyone wanting/predicting that we will lose don''t deserve to be heard[/quote]

I suggest you have a look at all of the posts I do not contribute to before rabbiting on.....and how many of my posts are actually fully related to comebacks from others. It''s called interacting with fellow posters....whether they like it or not.

And if you honestly believe (or can find anywhere) any posts where I have wished City to lose you must be seriously in need optical enhancement....And if predicting the team might lose is now classed as blasphemy.....best we stop betting or doing the football pools all together eh?......

I fear your idea of a real fan is very different to mine....because it''s just like watching your pet dog die...or have I already done that one?........

[/quote]Don''t think i have got it as bad as you pal,my glass is always half full,surely once since you have joined this forum you have had something nice to say about city.Tell me this did you ever go to games expecting norwich to lose,if so you aren''t a real fan.In the 32 years i have been going i have never ever expected norwich to lose.Why would i even want to go if i thought they were going to lose?I think you have just got it bad today cos your boys got turned over by THE CONCRETE COW DONS.As for my idea of a real fan its someone who follows their team though thick and thin not someone who has all the questions but none of the answers unless it involes dieing dogs

LC - I cannot remember every one of the 1000 or so posts made by Cluck, and I have to be honest and say I cannot remember any in praise of the board, does it bother me?.........not in the slightest. Virtually everything that is posted on here is opinion and does not change a single thing. By arguing with Cluck or calling for him to be banned you are merely encouranging him to post even more, if there is something on the telly you do not like do you stand there ranting at the screen or do you turn over to another channel or switch the telly off???........

[quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]Don''t think i have got it as bad as you pal,my glass is always half full,surely once since you have joined this forum you have had something nice to say about city.Tell me this did you ever go to games expecting norwich to lose,if so you aren''t a real fan.In the 32 years i have been going i have never ever expected norwich to lose.Why would i even want to go if i thought they were going to lose?I think you have just got it bad today cos your boys got turned over by THE CONCRETE COW DONS.As for my idea of a real fan its someone who follows their team though thick and thin not someone who has all the questions but none of the answers unless it involes dieing dogs[/quote]

I''d just like to point out that there''s a big difference between expecting us to lose and wanting us to lose. I think if you never expect us to lose than you are incredibly blinkered - I mean you can''t possibly have expected Norwich to win comfortably at Chelsea in the FA Cup last season, for instance. There are matches when you have to be realistic enough to expect a defeat or a draw, you can''t win every game.

[quote user="lobster catcher"]

...Tell me this did you ever go to games expecting norwich to lose,if so you aren''t a real fan.

[/quote]

The most bizarre comment I''ve read for ages and one which typifies a certain attitude on here i.e. that if you dare entertain the notion that all''s not smelling of roses you''re not a real supporter.

I''ve expected City to lose many games in the 30 years I''ve been going to CR and guess what?.....more often than not they did lose those matches too. It didn''t stop me from going to those games and getting behind the team in the hope they would upset the odds and it does not make me any less of a fan.

I''m sure CR would be a lovelier place if you ''genuine fans'' managed to alienate or get rid of those supporters who are prepared to entertain the notion that just maybe the current squad is not the most naturally gifted set of footballers the world has ever seen......a place where the 10 of you can sit there with big beaming smiles being told when to clap by Neil Doncaster.

" if there is something on the telly you do not like do you stand there

ranting at the screen or do you turn over to another channel or switch

the telly off???........ "Which begs the question why are you not heeding your own advice and not replying to LC''s post ?

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]CA - Fair enough, but you bring their names up in threads they have not started, have not contributed to etc, do you not realise that you are playing into their hands?[/quote]

Very true SOB...

Why oh why have the issues of myself and Cluck even been raised on this thread???

It is quite frankly pathetic.... and CA says that she doesn''t have a vendetta???  Don''t make me laugh!!!

I haven''t posted much at all in the last few weeks and still the wooly flock bleat on and on about the wicked Smudger.... it''s unbeleivable... are your lives really that empty and meaningless???

You will be getting a few more days peace from me over also as my long awaited move is about to go ahead this weekend...  So sadly I will not be able to rub the noses of the all is rosy in the garden brigade in the proverbial **** when Youssef and Southampton come to town to turn us over (NB - this comment is aimed at those with yella & green blinkers only and not all fans of NCFC). 

See you all soon...

TTFN [:D]

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" if there is something on the telly you do not like do you stand there ranting at the screen or do you turn over to another channel or switch the telly off???........ "

[/quote]

How ironic! This thread has come full circle. Surely this is the perfect reply to Truthseekers original nonsense.