Norwich City: Marshall, Otsemobor, Drury, Shackell (c),

Brellier, Doherty, Russell, Martin, Brown, Cureton, Lappin. Subs:

Hughes, Gallacher, Strihavka, Rossi Jarvis, Ryan Jarvis, Smart, Croft,

Chadwick, Fotheringham.

Vitesse Arnhem: Raboczi, Verhaegh, Sprockel (c),

Megrelishvili, Van Der Schaaf, Kolk, Junker, Takak, Prijor, Yakubu,

Hai. Subs: Kartekaab, Due, Gommans, Espinoza, Kaya, Benson, Esajas,

Keizer, Bruinier, Diermen, Mourik
Dion Dublin (back), Darren Huckerby (groin) and Jimmy Smith missingand Norwich playing 4-3-3 with Chris Brown, Chris Martin and Jamie Cureton forming a three-pronged attack.

on the hour; Norwich 1-0 Vitesse Arnhem; Drury.Assist by Dave Striker.

From what i can gather off the match report thats on the official site - Brellier had a decent game - dave striker is playing well and set up drury for a screamer. be interesting to see what people who''ve actually been say!

Final score 1 - 0

Sounds like Norwich deserved  the win as well!

You do stay up late.  Me too!  Just rejigging something for the Sunday Times (which actually has a Norwich connection, news not sport).

Started this morning at 8.30 with a call from the Daily Star.

Such is life.

Hmm..back from the match, we ''deserved'' to win but it wasn''t great.Long periods of the match were snoozefests and the 7000 crowd didn''t help with the sense of a lack of occasion.We went from an ineffective 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 eventually and looked better with some width (Croft and Fozzy looked like they were playing for their places)Dave Striker still - ahem - finding his feet, Brown started and looked ''ok'' until he got another bloody nose.

Just got back.  Brellier looks class, him and marshall will seriously help reduce the amount of goals we conceed.  Ostembor looks very comfortable on the ball and is happy to dribble the ball out of defence instead of hoofing it.Dave the striker had some nice touches but didnt see that much of the ball, still looks a classy player.  He almost nearly scored with a near post flick.  Ryan Jarvis looked bright when he came on.All in all it was a good performance.  Solid-ish at the back but it wasnt tested that often.  7000 attendance.

[quote user="bromsgrove canary"]From what i can gather off the match report thats on the official site - Brellier had a decent game - dave striker is playing well and set up drury for a screamer. be interesting to see what people who''ve actually been say!
[/quote]

Ive been, now wrote a post giving my match ratings. best players were Lappin, Otsemobor and Croft. All were brilliant. Brellier wasnt as impressive as id hoped, strihavka alot better than west ham, held the ball up well and has a good first touch. Drurys goal was awesome top left corner. Brown had another decent game.check my match ratings when they come up ...

Drury hit a shot that wasn''t going on target, took a deflection and went in the far top corner. I used to be a big fan of Drury but more often he''s been looking weak, letting crosses come in, letting his man get past him, losing practically every header he can!

As for the game, was a typical friendly - going through the paces trying to win but not get hurt. Ostembor was absolutely brilliant, his speed and attacking was quality, well worth MOTM. Marshall, Brellier, Russell, Lappin looked good. Cureton, Brown and big Dave all looked useful but didn''t really have many opportunities and Martin didn''t really get into the game all that much.

The game really could have gone either way, wasn''t that exciting and didn''t have many clear cut chances - we got a flukey goal but generally played well (doc got caught out a few times in first half but seemed decent the second)

I''d say it was more a 4 - 3 - 1 - 2 with Brellier taking the CM role, Lapping LCM, Russell RCM and Martin in ''the hole'' but ended up when Croft came on as a 4 - 4 - 2 with Crofty RM, Lappin LM, Fotheringham and Hughes CM.

Don''t think that will stop them, he is one of those sorts of strikers that is afraid of nothing. He will end up with a toothless grin soon you wait!

He got clattered on Tuesday against West Ham, when I saw that I thought he must have bust it! He had to change his shirt (blood) but continued on. It wouldn''t surprise me if he originaly broke it then and risked it for round two!

We won 1-0 but to be fair a draw would of been a fair result. I didn''t think playing 4-3-3 helped, with a midfield of Lappin, Brellier and Russell. We didn''t seem to have any width and very rarely threatened the goal first half.

I liked the look of Brellier,Osemober and Brown who nearly scored with a dipping header only for the keeper to deny him with a fingertip save over the bar.

When Strihavka came on second half for brown he  looked very good and sharp, showing good pace and also came close to scoring, putting a first time shot just wide. I am sure he will score quite a few this season. Croft again looked good as did Marshall  in goal pulling off another superb save in the second half to keep us in front. He really is a good keeper.

Overall an o.k performance but i think Preston will be a lot harder next weekend, and we need to up our game a bit.

Generally agreed with comments on game. Would just add that I think the 4-3-3 formation is one being considered for away games. Overall I am pretty optimistic after seeing both home games.

The team appears fit and i was well impressed with Le Juge. Closes down well.

BTW stayed at the Holiday Inn last night. Brilliant. Would recommend.

Having been to both the friendlies I would like to ask if anyone else feels the same as me that we are returning to the hoofball mentality. The high ball to the forwards seems to be the answer to everything it just seems that we lose possession so easy when we play the high ball and so often the quality  of the cross isn''t good. It was good to see the goal against Vittesse was scored with the ball on the ground.

This isn''t a gripe just an observation as I know you can''t put to much store by friendlies.