Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

15 Point Penalty for Leeds!

I''e just heard on 5Live that Leeds will start the season with a 15-point penalty.  The League are still not happy with the Ken Bates buyout and the role of various offshore companies which he may or may not own. 

So if the League can do it to Leeds, why can''t the Prem do it to West Ham?  Answers on a postcard please . . .

Looks like they are appealing on the decision (no surprise there) so it is bound to be reduced, but you have to say ''good on the League'' for making a stand - but you do have to feel for their supporters, it is Bates that has finished off making a mockery out of their club.

If only West Ham could be treated in a similarly ''fair'' way, but there is no chance of that ever happening, the Premier sides will always look after their own.

Leeds are in a right mess aren''t they? They were actually lucky to get the 15 point penalty as they could have been kicked out of the league itself.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

but you do have to feel for their supporters

[/quote]

Totally agree they have seen a class club, in Europe, go compleatly down the pan.

Do feel for the fans though!

That''s a hell of a lot of points to make up.

Shame it''s not the London overspill from down the road!!!!!!!

Have they got any decent central defenders worth snapping up????

I imagine ''Worst Sham'' should be ''awarded'' 15 points in the Premiership, for suffering all the horrendous embarrassment, upset and indignation, that the allegations for astutely using initiative and the proper channels in the transfer market - and were totally innocent of any wrong-doing........

They are a ''BIG'' Premiership club, and a Premiership without ''Worst Sham'' would be a tragedy......

''apparently''.[:|] 

Just goes to show what could have happened to West Ham. However annoying it is, we just have to face it that West Ham have got off scot free, or have they??

The way West Ham are splashing the cash at the moment, it would come as no suprise to see them go the way of Leeds within the next 10 years, and if they do, it will be all they deserve and I feel that that would be worse than the potential points deduction/relegation the FA could have imposed on them.

The annoying thing for me is that if Norwich had some very minor irregularity we all know it would mean a 10 point deduction or such like.

Leeds deserve to get punished as they ducked out of their punishment last season by finding a loophole in order to take their penalty of ten points when they were already down. So good on the league for taking a tough stand and I hope the appeal fails.

West Ham have been helped because the Premier League are an organisation moe concerned about TV rights and £ signs than right and wrong, hence the number of favourable decisions given by referees at Old Trafford and (Highbury in years gone by) Its a shame, but I think all fans need to take a stand on Sheffield United''s side for the good of the future of football.

I feel for the fans, its not their fault but its them who''ll suffer.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

I had to laugh when one of their fans complained that a 15 point deduction would stop them going straight back up . . .[/quote]

Sums them up for me... couldn''t have happened to a nicer club...

hahah im laughing at this! they played with fire and got burnt! i certainly dont feel sorry for them! they have bought it onto themselves and this pretty much confirms they will be a league 2 club come the end of next season!

now for wet sham!

jas :)