Sign in to follow this  
Dibs

Is Huckerby Happy ?

After his outburst when Etuhu left is Huckerby  now happy with the new signings or will he

expect a bigger signing before going public and backing Grant and the club?.

If our new midfield recruits can make up for the losses then he may be able move on. But i think the thing that upset him most was simply that he was good mates with the pair of them and he probably regarded them, along with himself, as the three best players at the club. And why not. They were. He is. So when they go, it''s bound to really get to him both in terms of losing friends and losing our best players and chances for promotion. But if he can quickly see that we are still competitive, he''ll be ok. If we''re not, i can see him becoming ever more discontented.

To be fair, I don''t think his problem was with Grant at all; it wasn''t his fault Etuhu and Earnshaw were sold after all. I''d imagine he would be happier now though.

From a team in the Premiership, he has become part of a team who, if they perform at their very best, may just scrape above Championship mid-table. And it appears, with the sale of our most valuable assets, that we are on a downward slope. Why would he be happy?

[quote user="Dionysus"]From a team in the Premiership, he has become part of a team who, if they perform at their very best, may just scrape above Championship mid-table. And it appears, with the sale of our most valuable assets, that we are on a downward slope. Why would he be happy?[/quote]

because he has no divine right to be playing in the premiership and he is earning probably more than we can imagine and that''s just for kicking a ball around for 90 mins a week.

That would certainly make me happy.

Hate to say this - he is a better player when he isn''t 100% happy and settled - look at his first season (not settled), compare that to the comfortable years later under worthy, and then since Grant gave him a kick in the pants.