Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

should grant get sacked?

no - i know worthy reached the playoffs in his first season with the team he inherited. but we finished 8th or 9th in his first full season, with his team, then won the league the year after. there are kids that need 2 be brought through this year also. we should be aiming for playoffs, but i think if we dont reach them, Grant should have one more year to have a crack at them.

there is a fair case for it if we finish 16th again.  However knowing our amazing board it will only happen on relegation, and even then maybe not.

I don''t want to see excuse after excuse again.  Football is a short term game these days, and Grant has assembled his squad, much in the same way George Burley, Billiy Davies and Roy Keane did last season.  I am looking forward to loads of excuses this term, as we have heard these past two years.  Talk of consistency, well its crap...  Players and management plain NOT GOOD ENOUGH these last two years.

i think that these days a manager should be given at least 2 full years to achieve success, unless they are really doing badly in which case their staying wud be against the best interests of the club. however as long as grant continues to build a team which wins more than loses then he shud be given 2-3 years to achieve promotion. if this year we find ourself in a relegation scrap(unlikely but u neva no) then he wud probably have to go. but i say give him time and im sure he will achieve success with norwich.

He should be sacked now, for selling our best assets and buying absolute dross. did i mention the poor team selections and tactics?Get rid now before we are relegated.GRANT OUT

I hope this is a wind-up?!!!

"He should be sacked now, for selling our best assets and buying absolute dross. did i mention the poor team selections and tactics?

Get rid now before we are relegated.

GRANT OUT"

I hope so much that this is an ironic post.  Otherwise, you sir I am afraid have no clue about football.  He did not sell the players, the club did.  Bought dross?  How can you say that before a ball is kicked -its insane.  Poor team selection and tactics last season when we had half a squad, or in the pre-season friendlies which mean nothing?

Some people need to get a grip on reality.

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]He should be sacked now, for selling our best assets and buying absolute dross. did i mention the poor team selections and tactics?

GRANT OUT
[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]

I hope so much that this is an ironic post.  Otherwise, you sir I am afraid have no clue about football.  He did not sell the players, the club did.  Bought dross?  How can you say that before a ball is kicked -its insane.  Poor team selection and tactics last season when we had half a squad, or in the pre-season friendlies which mean nothing?

Some people need to get a grip on reality.

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]He should be sacked now, for selling our best assets and buying absolute dross. did i mention the poor team selections and tactics?

GRANT OUT
[/quote]

As unfortunate as it is, it''s his true beliefs [:|]

[/quote]

GRANT OUT
[/quote]

I''m going to spell this out loud and clearly

EARNSHAW AND ETUHU HAD MINIMUN RELEASE FEES IN THEIR CONTRACT WHICH WORTHY NEGOTIATED, how can you blame grant for this.

And how can you call Cureton (highest scorer last season), Marshall (Soon to be Scotland''s No 1), Brieller (Heart''s Cult Hero), Russell (Captain of Stoke), Ostemober (League 1 right back of the year 2007) etc etc etc dross..... Have you ever seen any of these people play

Get some glasses mate, cause your short sighted!

I am not expecting a play off finish this year and if Grant doesn''t achieve this then I certainly won''t be jumping on the get him sacked bandwagon.

This year is about consolidation, getting the passion back and bringing everyone back on the same side i.e supporters, players, management and board. If Grant does this, keeps the squad together and strengthens next year then we will be there or there abouts for 08/09.

Ronbol, Ronbol,Whatever sort of crap are your fingers typing, Grant has got rid of a load of useless players who were just here for the money and could not give a toss about our club.He has replaced them with hungry players that want to be here! You clearly have no idea and are just spouting shit!!

what im looking for is a major improvement in the football we play, and hopefully a top 10 finish. to say grant should be sacked is stupid but if thats what you believe you are entitled to that opinion. if he finishes 17th or below then maybe there will be a case for it, but i think grant isnt stupid enough to hang around if he fails unlike the last manager!!

For goodness sake give Grant a fair chance before you start talking about sacking him. Personally, I''m prepared to give him this season and the next before my patience begins to wear thin. Never lose sight of the fact that there are at least 10 clubs in our league with the same hopes and expectations as us, and only 3 can win promotion. Let''s all try to enjoy next season, shall we?

If we achieve ''squattley didley doo'' and just escape relegation by the skin of a Durex, (fetherlite)......Then we should be looking at other issues and agenda - rather than just the sacking of ''Wee Jockus McPloppus''.......More so......intense focus and responsibility on those who appointed him.......

Still, we won''t struggle. It''s gonna be our year/season, and we''ll be the ''mouse that roared''........"Squeak!"

What if we did get promotion?[:P] Will we spend or scrimp? Or just enjoy the 9 month gestation experience - with what we''ve got........before delivery into the Championship again?[:|]

Sould Grant get sacked... NO!!!!!! I have ben very impressed with PG so far & I genuinely believe he is the right man for the job & will get us back to the promised land sooner rather than later.

[quote user="baldyboy"]but i think grant isnt stupid enough to hang around if he fails unlike the last manager!![/quote]

I take it you mean like the last manager did after relegation. I think we are all hoping Grant is succesful like the last manager was in his first full season.

If Grant got us to the Play Off Final this season, then we finished 8th the next and won the League in his third season would that be viewed as success or failure? And out of interest would that be a bigger or lesser achievement than when Worthy did it. My opinion is that Grant took over better side than Worthy did but Worthy already had big players/leaders like Green, Mackay and Roberts at the club. I would think if Grant was as successful the achievement would be about the same.

GRANT OUT
[/quote]

Excellent post Ronbol.  Well thought out and based on the facts.  No doubt there will be one or two on here who will disagree however....but there ya go......heyho.             [Y]

[quote user="Cluck "]

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]He should be sacked now, for selling our best assets and buying absolute dross. did i mention the poor team selections and tactics?Get rid now before we are relegated.GRANT OUT[/quote]

Excellent post Ronbol.  Well thought out and based on the facts.  No doubt there will be one or two on here who will disagree however....but there ya go......heyho.             [Y]

[/quote]haha funny stuff

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Ronbol, Ronbol,Whatever sort of crap are your fingers typing, Grant has got rid of a load of useless players who were just here for the money and could not give a toss about our club.He has replaced them with hungry players that want to be here! You clearly have no idea and are just spouting shit!![/quote]players that have already left once and now suddenly want to be here again! oh must be my fingers typing crap again.............i''ll say it again, SACK GRANT NOW (cheap option again) much like the players he has bought in.

GRANT OUT

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]He should be sacked now, for selling our best assets and buying absolute dross. did i mention the poor team selections and tactics?Get rid now before we are relegated.GRANT OUT[/quote]

I''m going to spell this out loud and clearly

EARNSHAW AND ETUHU HAD MINIMUN RELEASE FEES IN THEIR CONTRACT WHICH WORTHY NEGOTIATED, how can you blame grant for this.

And how can you call Cureton (highest scorer last season), Marshall (Soon to be Scotland''s No 1), Brieller (Heart''s Cult Hero), Russell (Captain of Stoke), Ostemober (League 1 right back of the year 2007) etc etc etc dross..... Have you ever seen any of these people play

Get some glasses mate, cause your short sighted!

[/quote]i''ll say this loud and clear etehu''s contract could have been re-negotiated as soon  as grant arrived? cureton (highest scorer last season)  - has also scored goals where ever he has been - but could not do it in a yellow city shirt!Marshall (Soon to be Scotland''s No 1) - probably our best signing this summer without a doubt.brieller (Heart''s Cult Hero) - well  thats let the little boys in the snake pit make them a cult hero for city but can he play football........Russell  (Captain of Stoke) - and!Ostemober (League 1 right back of the year 2007) that says it all , league one! not exactly a safri or ernie.................and again in case people failed to listen , complete and utter DROSS.and yes i have seen them all play.........................

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Bloody hell!, can we just kick off this season first!.[/quote]we could do or we could wait to be relegated. I''d rather sack the fool now.GRANT OUT

No, Grant has done OK so far in that he has weeded out so poor players, got the younger plays out on loan or even in our team and has signed some OK players with the budget given. Hopefully there is money still availoable for him to further strengthen the team.

Peter Grants on a 3 year deal.. it would bankrupt us to sack him.

even if we finish say id table i dont think he should.. Expecting instant results and the playoffs/promotion in his 1st season is expecting too much. we still have a small squad and if injuries kick in then we cant really expect it..

also look at the clubs in this division

charlton, Southampton, Wolves, West Brom, Preston, Watford, can we really compete with these sides for quality? (and doont just say yes.. look through their squads, look at their depth, and then answer).

jas :)

Absolutely not, what a stupid suggestion to make [:@]

I''m not saying he''s perfect, but if it wasn''t for Grant coming in when he did then we would have been relegated - definitely, if Worthy had somehow managed to keep his job!

I bet my house if Grant doesn''t acheive at least a play off, he will quit.  He is that sort of guy, give him a chance for crying out loud!Hardly his fault players have spurious contract agreements, he wants the commitment from the team and for those players who have used their get out clause, you have to question whether they were prepared to back him

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"][quote user="1st Wizard"]Bloody hell!, can we just kick off this season first!.[/quote]

we could do or we could wait to be relegated. I''d rather sack the fool now.

GRANT OUT
[/quote]

LMFAO. To be honest, you''re hilarious ronbol. Sack Sack Sack - he sold our best assests - he had no choice. Etuhu, just maybe, didn''t want to renegotiate anyway!

If anyones the fool it''s you!

Your knowledge of football seems to be as good as what mine is in the fine sport of fishing. and i''ve NEVER been fishing XD