Sign in to follow this  
Tom M

Only 1,000 PROPER fans

Come on surely we must be able to sell the remaining 1,000 tickets for Cardiff, we''re top of the league and the Cardiff fans are guaranted to make it a good atmosphere. I know Norfolk is miles from Wales and the Cardiff fans are extremely unfriendly, but this is OUR year, make the most it lads.

tom i think the reason are fans are not sure on going to cardiff is the sheer hooliganism of the cardiff fans. Speaking to a work mate who is a sheff utd fan they beat black and blue any away fan whether they be children women or anyone. Your a disgrace saying the only real fans are the ones going to cardiff !!!!!

Tom, you can''t say we only have 1000 proper fans. Cardiff is a hell of a long way away and given their fans I''m not suprised we haven''t sold our allocation. Are you saying that I''m not a proper fan because I''m not going to Cardiff even though I''ve had a season ticket for 10 years and follow City all round the country? Hang your head in shame

Tom: the problem is I, like other City fans have become quite attached to our head''s where they belong, on our shoulders!. Fans going to Cardiff must weigh up their own personal safety, against the Cardiff supporters appalling record towards away fans, and this must be taken in account when deciding whether to go or not. Only 1000 proper supporters?, you''re having a laugh!.

Get in, get the job done, GET OUT I say.

Must admit it does say something for the reputation of Cardiff fans that we can take small Armada''s to Derby, Barnsley (2002) and Palace but resolutely refuse to go to Cardiff!
They must be vile.

If you''re off to Cardiff, try wearing an ips*it top. i know, it''ll be like kissing your gran, but at least the hooligan''s won''t attack you. they''ll be too busy laughing and taking the pi*s out of you.

Vile they are A1, Led by Sam Hamman. The Norfolk support has always been grown with the family feel and togetherness. Why would anybody want to go to Cardiff and put themselves and their families at risk. It felt bad enough going to cardiff when we played Birmingham in the play-offs. In a wierd way i glad we lost, because i don''t think we would have got out alive if we had beaten them. I think even Milwall has a better reputation than Cardiff now. 1000 proper supporters, don''t make me laugh. your a braver man than I, And when we played Sheff Utd away I even had a drink in the Sheffield working mans club. And that is bravery!!!

tom seeing that you must be a proper fan,have you been to every game for the last season and a half
i''m prepared to eat my words but just because people don''t want to travel god knows how many miles and get their head banged in for doing so it doesnt mean they aren''t ''proper'' fans

Tom M tell me are you related to Joe Royle or Fabian Wilnis because that is the sort of crap statement we can expect from them. With comments like that perhaps you should be supporting a team in Suffolk.

Yes I''m going, but I do agree with everybodys comments regarding their so called ''fans''. I must admit I''m feeling rather apprehensive abouut wether or not I come back in one piece. It will be a case of straight to ground and straight out. For the rest of this week I shall be practicing my Welsh accent!! Having said all this I''ve been to Millwall several times and never had an ounce of hassle.

I have been to virtually every away ground in teh country following City over the past 25 years.

I don''t want to go to Cardiff.

I think it''s very sad that people feel scared off. I appreciate that it is a long way to go but it would be a real shame if we couldn''t fill the away end because too many people are frightened of trouble breaking out. I didn''t hear of any grief when Cardiff came to Carrow Road earlier in the season. In my experience if you aren''t going there looking for trouble then I think you will be highly unlikely to find it - even at Cardiff. Anyway as I didn''t think I would be able to get a ticket in the city area I have got my best mate (a Cardiff season ticket holder) to get me one in the home end. I will be there and I hope that the best part of 2000 others will be too.

well i am going to brave it and i am a just a woman, so there

i have known about their reputation for years, but as has been said elsewhere, if you don''t go looking for trouble, you should be okay, just don''t have anything in your car, don''t flaunt the shirt or be provocative, i imagine the police force there should be well in evidence - i lived through the 70s and 80s, so know what to expect and how to react if necessary.

I appreciate not everyone wants to go, but do get things in proportion, i can''t remember any mass riots or trouble being reported for any cardiff matches this season, chill out people, this is just another away game

I think that there is another reason why there are a number of tickets left for this game. I agree that the long distance and threatening fans are definitely factors, but in addition people may have been put off by the initial away ticket pre-requesite. Initially, as they did with the scum away game, the ticket office requested a certain amount of away stubs for members because of the low capacity of the ground. This may have lead to some fans feeling that due to the fact they probably wouldn''t get a ticket, they wouldn''t bother with the application process.