Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

£5Million+ for Kenwyne Jones - Oh dear oh dear

I cant believe the prices that are being talked about for Kenwyne Jones. Yes he''s young and yes he''s talented but he''s not got any premiership experience. He''s 22, and has scored 28 goals in 90 league games, ok alot as a sub not a mind boggling record. So why a) do southampton value him at £5Million and b) why would anyone want to pay it.

To be honest, 22 isnt that young and he certainly isn''t worth 5million. Burley values him more - oh dear.

That and 5million for Chopra, 6million for Kamara, makes our 1.6million for DJ look a good deal

[quote user="foxile"]

To be honest, 22 isnt that young and he certainly isn''t worth 5million. Burley values him more - oh dear.

That and 5million for Chopra, 6million for Kamara, makes our 1.6million for DJ look a good deal

[/quote]

we got Strihavka and Cureton for a little over £1m

[quote user="foxile"]

[/quote]yes chopra and kamara were hugely over priced but 1.6m for dj campbell?? ouch....

Yes, it will be interesting to see how they turn out for you guys, especially Cureton as he had a reputation of being a lower league journeyman but had a successful season last year.

[quote user="kirku"][quote user="foxile"]

[/quote]

yes chopra and kamara were hugely over priced but 1.6m for dj campbell?? ouch....
[/quote]

He''ll score goals, no problem, Averaged one in two in League one and last season at Birmingham, he scored more goals for mintues on the pitch than any of their other strikers. 13 was a good total for mostly sub appearances. Also he knows Martin Allen well from their Brentford days and Allen always seems to get players playing above their ability. Most Birmingham fans would have preferred to see Jerome and Vine leave ahead of DJ.

How can we sell Earnshaw for 3.5 million who is a proven Premiership and International goal-scorer and Jones, valued above and has not done any of that?

[quote user="Canary Boy"]How can we sell Earnshaw for 3.5 million who is a proven Premiership and International goal-scorer and Jones, valued above and has not done any of that?[/quote]because he had a get out clause... we didn''t sel him, his agent did.

[quote user="Polar1990"][quote user="Canary Boy"]How can we sell Earnshaw for 3.5 million who is a proven Premiership and International goal-scorer and Jones, valued above and has not done any of that?[/quote]because he had a get out clause... we didn''t sel him, his agent did.[/quote]Yes, I see your point Polar, but even if the release cause hadn''t of been there, most people were still valuing Earnshaw at about 5 million. Once again, a proven Premiership and International regular goalscorer. I couldn''t value Jones at any more than 1.5 million.

[quote user="foxile"]

[/quote]

.....and what does it say about Earnie for £3.5 million!

[quote user="Polar1990"][quote user="Canary Boy"]How can we sell Earnshaw for 3.5 million who is a proven Premiership and International goal-scorer and Jones, valued above and has not done any of that?
[/quote]

because he had a get out clause... we didn''t sel him, his agent did.
[/quote]

and hes not a proven premiership goalscorer, he was there with west brom one season and look what happened then.

[quote user="Canary Boy"][quote user="Polar1990"][quote user="Canary Boy"]How can we sell Earnshaw for 3.5 million who is a proven Premiership and International goal-scorer and Jones, valued above and has not done any of that?[/quote]because he had a get out clause... we didn''t sel him, his agent did.[/quote]Yes, I see your point Polar, but even if the release cause hadn''t of been there, most people were still valuing Earnshaw at about 5 million. Once again, a proven Premiership and International regular goalscorer. I couldn''t value Jones at any more than 1.5 million.[/quote]Maybe, and i agree he was worth 5 million and in this inflated market perhaps more but we weren''t in the position to get more than 3.5 which is a shame. this argument of earnie being proven in the prem or not is an interesting one however... i guess we will find out next season.

[quote user="burn down the ipswich"]

[quote user="Polar1990"][quote user="Canary Boy"]How can we sell Earnshaw for 3.5 million who is a proven Premiership and International goal-scorer and Jones, valued above and has not done any of that?[/quote]because he had a get out clause... we didn''t sel him, his agent did.[/quote]

and hes not a proven premiership goalscorer, he was there with west brom one season and look what happened then.

[/quote]I think you''re wrong there "burn down ipswich", you''ll find Earnshaw scored 12 Premiership goals for West Brom, which is a good strike rate for any striker confined to the bench for half the season because the manager never got on with him. He has proved he can score Premiership class goals and Internationally as well.

[quote user="foxile"][quote user="kirku"][quote user="foxile"]

[/quote]yes chopra and kamara were hugely over priced but 1.6m for dj campbell?? ouch....[/quote]

He''ll score goals, no problem, Averaged one in two in League one and last season at Birmingham, he scored more goals for mintues on the pitch than any of their other strikers. 13 was a good total for mostly sub appearances. Also he knows Martin Allen well from their Brentford days and Allen always seems to get players playing above their ability. Most Birmingham fans would have preferred to see Jerome and Vine leave ahead of DJ.

[/quote]fair enough, the brentford link eluded me, ive always liked martin allen.....shame i cant say the same about mandaric, you must be loving his cash right now though!