Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

who's got more dosh than us???

money talks and financial muscle bites - so where do we come in the champs in terms of ''we''ve got more money than you.''  i''ve not done any research, but surely our gate receipts and outside business activities (nosh) would put us into the play-offs.  however, putting prem chute money, extra director investment, borrowings and player sales into the equation - would probably rank city as a mid-table concern.2 of last seasons relegated prem clubs bounced back - so that leaves WBA, watford, sheff.utd and charlton with chute money to burn.  wolves, coventry and leicester appear to be bankrolled by magnates/consortiums with plenty of greenbacks.southampton have sold walcott, bales, baird for squillions - surely they''re minted??palace should be on a par with us - having been promoted, relegated with us and sold key players for millions.cardiff, preston, stoke all appear to be serious about putting squads together capable of making a challenge - how can they sustain it with apparently less income than us??? the rest look to be worse off than CITY in terms of dosh.i''d lump city in with palace - both owned by multi-millionaires but wanting to run the club as break-even.  in this money league, we''re a top 10 side.however, in terms of squad strength - we''re probably competing with soton, palace, preston, coventry and cardiff.CONCLUSION - anything is possible - watford went up when written off at the start of the promotion season.  However, in terms of cash income, or directors/owners prepared to invest in a squad at a financial loss - we appear to be mid-table team.  in terms of squad - we are probably top 9, with top 6 potential - if the new signings gell, and we stay clear of injuries.lets hope granty has bought well - and in mumby''s words - we are ''cleverer'' than our opponents, whatever that means!!!

Munby stated in the build-up to the first season after relegation from the Prem. that based on finances City were a mid-table Championship side. That was after we had received £20million in the Prem., were guaranteed another £14million in parachute payments, had sold Francis and Jonsson for £3million, had Ashton and Green to make big cash on if required and had just had G.Watling`s £1.5million loan written off.

Now apparently, we cant hope to compete with those lucky rich clubs raking in parachute payments-so i guess in the boards eyes we are now firmly relegation strugglers.

[quote user="Smudger"]Surely the question should be who hasn''t????  [:D][/quote]

I have to say Smudger, funny AND probably true!!!