Sign in to follow this  
Jerzy Krukowski

Ryan Shawcross on loan?

Graham, theres always good ol'' wiki!http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Shawcross

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Well we do desperately need a new defender... anyone got any info on him?[/quote]

To answer my own question... in the Transfers forum.

I understand this lad is 18 and cannot see why we do not try Spillane at his favoured central position.As I have mentioned before this is sending out a very sad message to our youngsters . Spillane is I believe Captain of the Irish U19s and was signed on a very long and lucrative contact and should be given his opportunity unless Grant thinks he is not good enough?. Last Year we took in the lad Boyle who was no better than the people we had and this year Smith from Chelsea who plays where our international U19 Rossi Jaris plays.

Is Grant doing favours for his premiership mates or does he have no confidence in our young players, next thing we know he will bring in a young striker and forget about Martin. I know he wants the best side possible as do we all ,but his management skills seem somewhat strange.

This year we have signed more talented boys and I am concerned that they will lose out as we use our club as a nursery for the premiership boys. If this is the case why have an Academy? lets just wait for other clubs cast offs. 

[quote user="HARRYPOTTER"]

I understand this lad is 18 and cannot see why we do not try Spillane at his favoured central position.As I have mentioned before this is sending out a very sad message to our youngsters . Spillane is I believe Captain of the Irish U19s and was signed on a very long and lucrative contact and should be given his opportunity unless Grant thinks he is not good enough?. Last Year we took in the lad Boyle who was no better than the people we had and this year Smith from Chelsea who plays where our international U19 Rossi Jaris plays.

Is Grant doing favours for his premiership mates or does he have no confidence in our young players, next thing we know he will bring in a young striker and forget about Martin. I know he wants the best side possible as do we all ,but his management skills seem somewhat strange.

This year we have signed more talented boys and I am concerned that they will lose out as we use our club as a nursery for the premiership boys. If this is the case why have an Academy? lets just wait for other clubs cast offs. 

[/quote]I agree - a centre back needs experience in my view, and needs the commanding marshalling characteristics that come with that experience. If we''re going to get an 18 year old in, are we adding much to what we already have coming out of the academy?

[quote]Is Grant doing favours for his premiership mates or does he have no confidence in our young players, next thing we know he will bring in a young striker and forget about Martin[/quote]

Bendtner and Larsson seemed to do ok for Birmingham last season, Derby had an Arsenal player too.  Maybe it''s just that young Premiership loan players are better than ours ?  I''m fairly certain that if Spillane proves himself to be better than Shawcross, then he will play.

Would be good if we got him in place before Saturday, last piece of the jigsaw maybe??

[quote user="cityangel"]Would be good if we got him in place before Saturday, last piece of the jigsaw maybe??[/quote]

I hope not! I hope he is cover for the new and bought centre back partner for Shacks... I''ll be annoyed if we don''t get a regular decent partner for Shacks... [:(] Still - having a decent stand-in is a good thing(tm) but we still need a perminant fixture!!

The BEEB is saying we have signed the freebie Simon Grand from Grimsby...... Is this the decent partner for Shacks..... or someone who wasn''t at the BBQ??!!

[quote user="Nick"]The BEEB is saying we have signed the freebie Simon Grand from Grimsby...... Is this the decent partner for Shacks..... or someone who wasn''t at the BBQ??!![/quote]You''ve got a bit mixed up there Nick, you had me going for a while - Grand has signed for Morecombe!

Re: Grand...BBC origninally said us rather than Morecombe but that has been corrected now.

May be a chance to see young Ryan in action tonight if you have sky. Manure V Glentoran is live...unless he is in the other Manure XI against Dunfermline.

A few seasons back the 14 year old SHAWCROSS played for Man Utd under 14''s against Norwich under 14''s in an academy game played at Carrow Road.I was one of the match sponsors and had to pick the Man Utd man of the match.I selected Ryan SHAWCROSS and a photo of myself with the young man is on the wall at my pub.Clear your desk GUNNY i am after your job !