Sign in to follow this  
Graham Humphrey

Darren Carter

I don''t understand why we need another midfielder when we already have Smith, Brellier, Fozzy and Russell playing for those 2 central midfield spots.

We need a central defender!!!

As I''m sure most will say - we''ve brought in two strikers, a goalkeeper, three midfielders and a right back so far ... with Hucks, Darel, Brellier, Chadwick, Croft and Fotheringham (with Jimmy Smith fit in a short while too) already here across the middle do we really need to spend what little funds we have on ANOTHER midfielder when our centre back positions are so vunerable. Plus he''s injury prone - and a blue nose.

Hopefully this just a smoke screen to hide the fact that Davenport is in negotiations and will pop up in a yellow and green shirt very soon. Otherwise Grant is going to have a bench full of adequate/good midfielders and a Canary youngster or two being thrown in at the deep end learning the hard way in the centre of the back line.

If we are planning a five man midfield then I think we need another player.  Fozzy has yet to convince that he is good enough, also if 2 are injured then that leaves us thin on the ground again.

PG stated last season that he would have liked to change things around for certain opposition.  Having a lot of bodies in the squad enables us to do this easier, especially when you have injuries and suspensions etc.

I am fairly sure Darren Carter can play CB, think he was an out and out CB when he scored that penalty against us and has since converted to midfield... not 100% sure tho.

[quote user="Charles Brough"]I am fairly sure Darren Carter can play CB, think he was an out and out CB when he scored that penalty against us and has since converted to midfield... not 100% sure tho.[/quote]

Dont thinks so!

He''s not good enough for a fellow Championship side but he''s good enough for us. Is this what they call prudence with ambition.

[quote user="NCFC_Chris"]we don''t have a left footed central midfielder so he could be handy[/quote]

I think he could be handy too... but I would rather see a centre back plus another defender and another striker.... Ideally we need another midfielder also though.

Darren Carter is a very good player and was first choice for WBA last season and i would welcome him here with open arms.

As others have said, do we really need another midfielder at this moment in time? On the plus side, he''s a nice age and a good height at 6'' 2". Granty has to remember that he can''t play all these midfielders at the same time. It does seem a bit strange that he''s failed to find a central defender so far.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

He''s not good enough for a fellow Championship side but he''s good enough for us. Is this what they call prudence with ambition.

[/quote]

There are plenty of instances where championship sides in good positions have let go of players who have gone on to play better and be very goo signings for their new clubs. This is even the case in the premier league, just look at Unsworth who put Sheff Utd down last season despite starting the season with them!

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

[/quote]

Lots of players aren''t good enough for certain teams and absolute revelations at others.  Kanu for example was no where near good enough for West Brom, has been simply awesome at Portsmouth.

Its not always as cut and dried as saying, not good enough for you means not good enough for us.  Different teams play different systems, have different training methods, have different social set ups, all important and all make a difference to the player.

Besides all that he has stated that he wants to fight for his place at West Brom, wasn''t content in only starting 20 games last season.  So if we do get him at least we are getting someone with a bit of ambition who sets himself high targets.  He is also left footed so could be a useful addition with regard to balancing the squad.

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Hardhouse44"]

[/quote]

Lots of players aren''t good enough for certain teams and absolute revelations at others.  Kanu for example was no where near good enough for West Brom, has been simply awesome at Portsmouth.

Its not always as cut and dried as saying, not good enough for you means not good enough for us.  Different teams play different systems, have different training methods, have different social set ups, all important and all make a difference to the player.

Besides all that he has stated that he wants to fight for his place at West Brom, wasn''t content in only starting 20 games last season.  So if we do get him at least we are getting someone with a bit of ambition who sets himself high targets.  He is also left footed so could be a useful addition with regard to balancing the squad.

[/quote]

ok I''ll rephrase it for you. He''s $h!te

"ok I''ll rephrase it for you. He''s $h!te"

You put that much better...........Bit harsh though, I always thought he was quite good, awesome on Championship Manager (does that count!!)

[quote user="jimmy500"]

"ok I''ll rephrase it for you. He''s $h!te"

You put that much better...........Bit harsh though, I always thought he was quite good, awesome on Championship Manager (does that count!!)

[/quote]

Erm, no [;)]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="NCFC_Chris"]we don''t have a left footed central midfielder so he could be handy[/quote]

I think he could be handy too... but I would rather see a centre back plus another defender and another striker.... Ideally we need another midfielder also though.

[/quote]

Can I just say how nice it is to see you post more positively, don''t agree with some of what you say, but life would be so boring if we all agreed on everything [:)]

So much for Archants story then [:D]

''''Norwich City are locked in a two-way battle with East Anglian rivals Ipswich Town for the services of Darren Carter.''''

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Hardhouse44"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Then you''ll be pleased to know that he''s signed for Preston and I suppose could start against you on Saturday!

Meanwhile there''s real excitement at Lincoln because our new striker from Norway has just been given "international clearance".  We don''t know what he''s like but it''s the first time we''ve ever had international clearance for anything so that''s excitement enough...............

Can''t say as I''m particularly disappointed with this, a very average player who so far hasn''t lived up to his earlier potential.

Has struggled to command a first team place for WBA and at £1.2 million, is overpriced IMHO.

Guess we''ll find out on Sat...

[quote user="oldimpsfan"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Hardhouse44"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Then you''ll be pleased to know that he''s signed for Preston and I suppose could start against you on Saturday!

Meanwhile there''s real excitement at Lincoln because our new striker from Norway has just been given "international clearance".  We don''t know w

what he''s like but it''s the first time we''ve ever had international clearance for anything so that''s excitement enough...............

[/quote]

lol Oldimpy,

I know what you mean. I used to support Southend in the old Third Division South, and we''d have given anything for one of our players to be given "International clearence"