Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

BBQ Scandal!!

Considering it''s just days before the start of the season, I think it''s irresponsible on behalf of the club.

Barbecues are a health risk even when organised by professional caterers - I hate barbecues - you know the scenario where you''re sitting there surrounded by the wifes'' friends disorderly kids & the husband (whose previous knowledge of cooking is beans on toast and whose idea of hôte cuisine is Chicken Vindaloo) is standing there sweating all over the under cooked sausages & turning perfectly good sirloin steaks into shoes whilst wearing something akin to this: http://www.allparty.co.uk/store/media/saucy/21103_Boobs_Apron.jpg

[quote user="David Freezer"]

Has anyone else noticed that the BBC site has used a picture that must be about 15/20 years old of the City Stand??!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/default.stm

Very odd!

[/quote]

"auntie beeb" are going retro on us arent they?! the River end (the N and P for those under 12) still has terracing and neither conrer infills are there... ahh the good old days :)

jas :)

[quote user="Kathy"]Please no one tell Truthseeker I work in a lab and have access to food poisoning organisms.[/quote]

Can''t believe you''d go to those lengths to get a story for all your friends at Archant Kathy [:D]

Just to confirm to the person who said earlier that Russell is laid low in bed, I just saw him in the city and he looked ok to me.  So thats at least 1 person fit for saturday

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Same goes for Brown as just seen him in Tescos (unless he was shopping for Immodium...)[/quote]

If he needs Immodium Pete he''s in trouble. He''s broken his nose so no sense of smell. LOL

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]There''s no doubt in my mind as to the ancestry of the toxic bird.[/quote]

Pure class YC !!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]There''s no doubt in my mind as to the ancestry of the toxic bird.[/quote]

Anyone seen my legs lying around anywhere?........

[:D][:D]

Well there you are you lovely old boys you should try and find  a good butcher , I don''t know who to recomend , you wan''t to find someone who breeds all his stock himself ,someone who fats his stock ,useing all the best feed that he produces himself , someone who dosen''t use chemicals ,or growth agents . I wonder how many butchers in this country eat their own sausages or do they gag when they see what they put in them ? I for my life can''t think of one , I wonder if Kathy , or City Angel , or Fat Barman can , they are wise people perhaps they know someone .[;)] arrdee .

Oh my god, this post is proof that people will moan at anything just for the sake of moaning, well done mate, one of the best posts ever ,you must be so proud.......... i feel so sorry for you!

[quote user="arrdee"]Well there you are you lovely old boys you should try and find  a good butcher , I don''t know who to recomend , you wan''t to find someone who breeds all his stock himself ,someone who fats his stock ,useing all the best feed that he produces himself , someone who dosen''t use chemicals ,or growth agents . I wonder how many butchers in this country eat their own sausages or do they gag when they see what they put in them ? I for my life can''t think of one , I wonder if Kathy , or City Angel , or Fat Barman can , they are wise people perhaps they know someone .[;)] arrdee .[/quote]

Well I would''ve mentioned it to my Dad, as he was a butcher in Lowestoft for many, many years.

But he''s retired now. Could always ask the man who''s running it now though, couldn''t I? [:)]

[quote user="the mitre"]

Oh my god, this post is proof that people will moan at anything just for the sake of moaning, well done mate, one of the best posts ever ,you must be so proud.......... i feel so sorry for you!

[/quote]

I think you should read the whole thread not just the initial post ;)......

Flippin'' eck you lot. it''s obvious really innit.

It''s a ble*din''conspiracy.

The caterers ''ead office is in Piswich but ND never checked them out proper. Too busy with the legal fine print and keepin'' the cost down. And the owner was busy in the smoke lookin'' after PR in TV Land.

Cooks revenge it''s called. Very nasty. Very nasty indeed, I''m told.

Some miserable, negative old git was even moanin'' on Radio Norfolk this morning that four of the players bested their own PB sprint times Sunday night , and two were left sufferin'' from pulled back muscles.

I dunno. I really dunno. Poor Peter.

Duh!

OTBC

[quote user="the mitre"]

[/quote]

Another bite. This is amazing!

[quote user="the mitre"]

[/quote]

Irony?

According to the Sun (god knows where they get their sources from - probably on here!), some dodgy Coleslaw was to blame and Cureton, Hughes, Otsethingingbebob, Martin and Halliday were the one''s struck down...

The Sun''s title..............DELIA''S BOYS SICK ON SLAW

People can get out of bed and walk you know - not sure how the bizarre fact that he was seen walking would confirm his fitness for Saturday, especially as Grant said he was not fit for saturday before it happened!

Just to confirm to the person who said earlier that Russell is laid low in bed, I just saw him in the city and he looked ok to me.  So thats at least 1 person fit for saturday

[quote user="Cluck "]

Anyone seen my legs lying around anywhere?........

[/quote]

XD

"There were a few missing from the meal last night these include: Hughes, Doherty, Cureton, Brown, Dave Czech."Not 100% true - Doherty was there, I was the same table.

Who says Norfolk people are slow! I still cant believe that a day later some people are not understanding the irony!! Priceless!! I think it sums up the "knee jerk" reaction alot of people have on here. They read the parts they want to/or not at all and go on a rant!!

Happy Days.....

[quote user="JC"]

People can get out of bed and walk you know - not sure how the bizarre fact that he was seen walking would confirm his fitness for Saturday, especially as Grant said he was not fit for saturday before it happened!

[/quote]

Some people really need to lighten up.  Here, take this pill winston and chill.

Not sure why its Bizarre that I saw a player walking round the city in which he lives, I would have said more normal then bizarre.

[quote user="Spacebadger"]BBQ scandal doesnt quite have a ring to it, this should now be termed ''sausagegate''
[/quote]

Spacebadger! Seen the back of the EDP today? Chris Lakey is using your material!