Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

BBQ Scandal!!

What poor management from PG exposing the team to the public and meat on a BBQ in the week building up to a match! This really does show his naivity and is why i didnt want him!

I also blame Delia who no doubt saw this as another opportunity to plug her splendid sausages and brilliant burgers and no doubt her own healthy version of the turkey twizzler!! Prudence with ambition = cheap meat!!

The future for the club looks bleak. What a schoolboy error! Wink [;)] Wink [;)]Stick out tongue [:P]Stick out tongue [:P]Big Smile [:D]Big Smile [:D]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

What poor management from PG exposing the team to the public and meat on a BBQ in the week building up to a match! This really does show his naivity and is why i didnt want him!

I also blame Delia who no doubt saw this as another opportunity to plug her splendid sausages and brilliant burgers and no doubt her own healthy version of the turkey twizzler!! Prudence with ambition = cheap meat!!

The future for the club looks bleak. What a schoolboy error! Wink [;)] Wink [;)]Stick out tongue [:P]Stick out tongue [:P]Big Smile [:D]Big Smile [:D]

[/quote]

What public?? Thought it was a staff only function!

Did you even read the news report the food was supplied by a independent caterer as they wanted to give Delia''s catering staff a break so they too could join the BBQ and also how was PG meant to know anyone remeber a little Martin Jol 2 seasons ago how was he meant to know that the food served could cass a virus outbreak and anyway it said that the virus was most likely caused by a random bug going round as if the meat had been undercooked more people would have fallen ill.

Your post is the scandal!!!!!!!!!!

Again blame Delia but without any foundation. A wild allegation about the cost of the Barbecue cheap meat etc helps no one and certainly is no cure for those who fell ill.

As for blaming Peter Grant what nonsense. With all the players and staff that must be present at Colney at any one time there is always the possibility that sickness bugs or a virus could be passed on.

Yet another attempt to have ago.   

Delia didn''t do the cooking - the club had outside caterers in so her staff could go and enjoy(???) the BBQ.

What I want to know is WHO were the outside caterers - now being investigated by public health.  I can hazard a few guesses as to where they might have come from!

[/quote]

You didn''t want Grant because you suspected that he would put on a BBQ for the squad?

[/quote]

You really don''t like Peter Grant.

Who were the Caterers?

[/quote]

According to your newspaper it was an outside catering firm.  Football managers can be blamed for all sorts of things but dodgy food isn''t one of them, I think.

my footballwritter.com has exclusively discovered what really happened at the Norwich City F.C barbeque.

In an attempt to make sure that Andy Hughes missed the opening game away at Preston, it has been revealed by a club mole that, originally only Hughes''s burger was poisoned.

However, tragedy struck when Hughes found his burger delicious.

The Mole takes up the story " Hughsie tucked into his grub like and found it very tasty. He shouted Dave Striker to come over and have a bite, then tried to give it to David Marshall but unfortunatley his pass was intercepted by Chris Martin. Chris took a massive bite out it. Hughes then attempted to pass it on to Brellier but this time it found its way to a club secretary.

Brellier got the burger back to Hughesy, who took one last bite, before clapping to the chef, he jumped in his car and clapped the manager of a local supermarket for supplying such beautiful meat, he then went on to the suppliers who he clapped! He then stopped off at Worthy''s house and clapped him for buying him before reversing out of his drive, knocking over several plat pots in doing so.

Poor old Delia-damned if she does, damned if she doesn''t and damned probably for the bridge collapse in the States and the latest foot and mouth outbreak-lets hope she doesn''t decide to clear off, as so many people have suggested, and calls in all  the £££ owing to her!

.....whoooooooooooshhh....  (the sound of an ironic post passing over the heads of at least half a dozen posters)At least I hope it was ironic....

This could actually be very serious for our first game.

The word from someone who is currently laying in bed with food poisioning is that at least SIX first team players are quite ill, including Cureton and Russel.  This could be a real problem.

[quote user="Eastonpromise"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

You really don''t like Peter Grant.

Who were the Caterers?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you actually serious??!! If you think the manager is to blame for a BBQ then you obviously are looking for any excuse to have a go at him. Rididculous, I highly doubt Peter Grant organised this event and who could have forseen this happening, It can happen to anybody.

Leave Grant alone and get behind the team. The end of this season is the time to judge him and HIS team.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good old rant, cusdp.

How is any of this Delia or PG''s fault. Could be anything, probably foot and mouth. PG''s squad is now probably being culled by DEFRA.

Calm down everyone!

In case anyone missed it, I think "Can u sit down please" was attempting irony as a form of humour, not actually knocking the club.  Nice try !

Sounds like a classic case of @rse and Mouth Disease. [+o(]

Some on here could only hope the Spin Doctor remains unaffected. [;)]

Please no one tell Truthseeker I work in a lab and have access to food poisoning organisms.

There were a few missing from the meal last night these include: Hughes, Doherty, Cureton, Brown, Dave Czech. Dave''s lack of English probably excused him from attending as could have Brown''s wonky nose.

PG is a top man and will guide us in the right direction patience and consistency is the key!

I love making/ other people making ironic statements on this site... I remember the last one I did - it took 30 posts before the first persons penny dropped that it may not have been entirely serious!

[:)]

I love making/ other people making ironic posts on this sites - the replies are hilarious! When I last did mine it took 30 posts before the first persons penny dropped and realised it wasn''t serious!

[:)]

I used to think we were a reasonably intelligent bunch on here.

Sadly the responses to this post have proved that I am staggeringly misguided in that belief!!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]In case anyone missed it, I think "Can u sit down please" was attempting irony as a form of humour, not actually knocking the club.  Nice try ![/quote]

Thanks Blahblahblah and the few others that detected the irony of the post!! I was just predicting what "Grant and Delia Outers" might say!!

Hence the wink,smile,cheeky grin icons displayed in the post! Oh well....i guess comedy aint my thing!!

Prudence with ambition = cheap meat......i thought that was quite good!!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]In case anyone missed it, I think "Can u sit down please" was attempting irony as a form of humour, not actually knocking the club.  Nice try ![/quote]

i dnt know whats worse, the fact you had to explain it or the fact that people didnt get it.....*bangs head* doh.