Sign in to follow this  
BigFish

The vultures are circling..................................

Well, three days from the start of the season and it is a cetainty that some of the posters on this board are praying for an absolute train wreck of of a start to ensure:

1) They are proved right

2) They can crow (sorry for the mixed metaphor) about it on here

3) They can march up and down Carrow Road calling for the board to be sacked (by themselves I suppose seeing as there is a 51% majority share holding) or the manager to be sacked.

The question hangs in the air over whether we are better placed now than last year whether progress has been made. Last year the first six fixtures of this year (swapping Charlton for Birmingham) gave us 9 points which would in all likelyhood leave City in 11th place (3 wins, 3 defeats). Ironically Earnshaw did not score in any of these (so not much for Cureton to beat there) though Etuhu got 2. City scored a miserly 5 in total. Sicknote Safri missed half of the games. So progress would be 10 points (including anything from the first two), 6 goals, a striker scoring once, a positive goal difference.

Would that shut them up, I don''t think so.[;)]

[quote user="BigFish"]

Well, three days from the start of the season and it is a cetainty that some of the posters on this board are praying for an absolute train wreck of of a start to ensure:

1) They are proved right

3) They can march up and down Carrow Road calling for the board to be sacked (by themselves I suppose seeing as there is a 51% majority share holding) or the manager to be sacked.

The question hangs in the air over whether we are better placed now than last year whether progress has been made. Last year the first six fixtures of this year (swapping Charlton for Birmingham) gave us 9 points which would in all likelyhood leave City in 11th place (3 wins, 3 defeats). Ironically Earnshaw did not score in any of these (so not much for Cureton to beat there) though Etuhu got 2. City scored a miserly 5 in total. Sicknote Safri missed half of the games. So progress would be 10 points (including anything from the first two), 6 goals, a striker scoring once, a positive goal difference.

[/quote]

I''m already perched on the crossbar...drooling..........

[quote user="BigFish"]

1) They are proved right

[/quote]

I don''t know how much this would prove them right but my prediction is that we''ll lose against PNE if we have the players with bugs out (otsemobor, cureton, hughes, martin etc and add hucks to that.) I do think we''ll win Southampton game though. How does 3 pts out of 6 sound taking into account the food poisoning if those players don''t play PNE.

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="BigFish"]

1) They are proved right

[/quote]

I''m already perched on the crossbar...drooling..........

[/quote]Could we change metaphor and have you as a vampire?  That way you would hang from the crossbar, probably meaning you would stop more goals than the doc!

[quote user="Cobain18"][quote user="BigFish"]

1) They are proved right

[/quote]

I don''t know how much this would prove them right but my prediction is that we''ll lose against PNE if we have the players with bugs out (otsemobor, cureton, hughes, martin etc and add hucks to that.) I do think we''ll win Southampton game though. How does 3 pts out of 6 sound taking into account the food poisoning if those players don''t play PNE.

[/quote]

Lets all be positively negative about it then and start rolling out the excuses for p*** poor performances before a ball is kicked. Mustn''t let the real world interfere with daydreamers.

[quote user="USAcanary"]

As Sunderland proved last year..............its not how you start but how you finish that counts.

[/quote]yeah - an indifferent start in our promotion year saw hucks, crouch and harper appear drafted in - who helped to turn our season around.

[quote user="Cobain18"][quote user="BigFish"]

1) They are proved right

[/quote]

[/quote]

hehehe I like it Cluck perched on the crossbar drooling over Chris Brown & Co..... who would of thought it hey???

How does NO points out of SIX sound Cobain????  Coz in all liklihood that is what we are likley to achieve....  I may even go out on a limb here and say that we may just get a solitary point but certainly no more than that.  [:D]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Cobain18"][quote user="BigFish"]

1) They are proved right

[/quote]

[/quote]

hehehe I like it Cluck perched on the crossbar drooling over Chris Brown & Co..... who would of thought it hey???

How does NO points out of SIX sound Cobain????  Coz in all liklihood that is what we are likley to achieve....  I may even go out on a limb here and say that we may just get a solitary point but certainly no more than that.  [:D]

[/quote]

If you are right Smudger fair play. I will actually not be happy with that and should it happen I will admit that you are right, but I am a more optimistic than that. I guess we''ll see and I do think that the first two results could be a springboard / could lead to mediocrity for the season

[quote user="Cobain18"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Cobain18"][quote user="BigFish"]

1) They are proved right

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you are right Smudger fair play. I will actually not be happy with that and should it happen I will admit that you are right, but I am a more optimistic than that. I guess we''ll see and I do think that the first two results could be a springboard / could lead to mediocrity for the season

[/quote]

Good Lord, Cobain18 - let''s not be stating the obvious too much.

I find myself repeatedly reading through posts searching for hidden meanings......

But nothing.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Cobain18"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Cobain18"][quote user="BigFish"]

1) They are proved right

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good Lord, Cobain18 - let''s not be stating the obvious too much.

I find myself repeatedly reading through posts searching for hidden meanings......

But nothing.

[/quote]

Not at all obvious, some people seem to believe that the first two games will be largely irrelevant, all I am saying is that I believe the first two games can be more crucial than people seem to believe

[quote user="Cluck "]I''m already perched on the crossbar...drooling..........[/quote]

And the sad thing is - you actually want it to happen...

[quote user="ob1"]

[quote user="Cluck "]I''m already perched on the crossbar...drooling..........[/quote]

[/quote]

Which is sad really [:''(]

I hope you dont include me in that .

Im expecting a play off push this year.

Just because i dislike those that run the club, i would never go to the extreme of wanting city to lose, thats just pathetic.

I wont change my opinions on the board but ive always said ill always back the manager and players  100%.

2-0 norwich tommorrow, chadwick and cureton.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="ob1"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He is. Very...

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="ob1"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I know where you sit.......and you''re first on the menu!

Mmmmm......pickled turnip....yum yum.

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="ob1"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I know where you sit.......and you''re first on the menu!

Mmmmm......pickled turnip....yum yum.

[/quote]

Let''s hope the sun catches you on your perch and we''ll have baked plum to go with it! [:)]