Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Time to move on from the Delia fixation?

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]you are behind times mate just like your football views, wrestling has moved on since those two were around.[/quote]

Ricky, Ricky.

When those two were around wrestling was a national topic of conversation. The first words uttered when you turned into work on a monday morning was ''''did you wotch the foight saturday-dirty basturd''''

Nobody talks about wrastling anymore apart from a few dipsticks in a small holliday camp somewhere near Hemsby and they forget all about it as soon as the tide comes in.

Good luck to you and what you do but those sort of statements (and like some of the footie related ones you post on this site ) are just plain silly.

[/quote]

listen mate i have wrestled all over the world, held many prestige titles, my fed WAW makes money every year, we are on the sky wrestling channel, come to the marina centre sunday, we are getting better crowds than most shows in the town, i have a successfull academies, in norwich, norway and france, we have done all this since we came off tv, so just like football mate do a bit of research before you write.

forget to mention lappin, we drew 2000 fans at the sports village a few year ago, turning people away not bad considering people dont talk about wrestling anymore, over a year more people watch our shows than some league 2 football games, again not bad. Jewson league clubs would kill for our fanbase, so there you go, try abit of research, there is hundreds of wrestling forums.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]you are behind times mate just like your football views, wrestling has moved on since those two were around.[/quote]

Ricky, Ricky.

When those two were around wrestling was a national topic of conversation. The first words uttered when you turned into work on a monday morning was ''''did you wotch the foight saturday-dirty basturd''''

Nobody talks about wrastling anymore apart from a few dipsticks in a small holliday camp somewhere near Hemsby and they forget all about it as soon as the tide comes in.

Good luck to you and what you do but those sort of statements (and like some of the footie related ones you post on this site ) are just plain silly.

[/quote]actually quite alot of people talk about ''wrestling'', however these days its called MMA and the biggest franchise is UFC. Reportedly the fastest growing sport in the world, and instead of physical theatre it is real fighting. If you enjoy(ed) wrestling i suggest you give it a go, its really good to watch!

Arthur you win. Defeated by the reasoned debate of a born leader. Just tell us where we are going and I''ll happily follow.

I reckon it’s that old nostalgia thing again with me and Lappin Ricky. We had proper wrestling we did! 4pm on a Saturday before we checked the football pools (Only on away games obviously). Who remembers Mick McMannus the ultimate villain or Jackie ‘Mr TV’ Pallo. Then there was that deaf guy who’s name escapes me, Billy Two-Rivers and his Tomahawk Chop. ‘Cry Baby’ Jim Breaks (was he like you Ricky??) How about ‘King Kong’ Kirk the ‘One Man Riot Squad’ Those were the days!

Are you a villain Ricky? I think you must be [;)]

Have a good week........ ''til next week [Y]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

To begin with I will declare that I like Delia Smith. I have met her on occasions and despite her success she is as ordinary as the majority of us. She has been a supporter of Norwich City long before she and her husband took up controlling influence and if she has a fault it appears to be to let her heart rule her head on occasions.

Delia has kept her head down for a long time now. We have more up front executive members at the Club and a manager who isn''t exactly a shrinking violet.

So why oh why do the cowards and bullies on this board continue to insult and abuse this woman as if she were deliberately setting out to inflame them?

She cannot help not being a mega-rich foreign investor with a dubious background and with what she is good at she has used to increase non-football earnings at the Club.

Delia Smith is not a saint nor is she a sinner. She is criticised for her celebrity (although she does have a talent) and vilified for not being some sort of financial demi-god.

Get over it and concentrate on the football will you. Or are some of you so sad and lacking you need to have a ''red top'' style go at someone well known in order to boost your own self esteem.

[/quote]

Complete drivel. This is a forum son for people to express there feelings. If you dont like it go to suffolk.

[/quote]Ah the standard "My opinion isn''t the same as yours, therefore your opinion is stupid" reply from Athur, nice to see your traditional forum ettiquette.and I believe Rudolph is expressing his feelings in a constructive and sensible manner, which as you said is what this forum is for. This forum is not for petty people such as yourself to go around insulting everyone who disagrees with you.[/quote]

Ah the usual pompus reply from Uea graduate.

[/quote]The usual hypocritical responce from you![/quote]

Yes im a hypocrite, yet it is you that slags me off for having a winge at people with different opinions from me, yet you do exactly the same thing with me. I think you will find that makes you the hypocrite son!

[/quote]Yet you call me pompus but yet go around being pompus, belittling anyone who has a different opinion. You abuse other posters so don''t be surprised when others abuse you.So thus if you slag off someone elses post with no proper reasoning or sensible discussion you should be prepared to get it back.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

To begin with I will declare that I like Delia Smith. I have met her on occasions and despite her success she is as ordinary as the majority of us. She has been a supporter of Norwich City long before she and her husband took up controlling influence and if she has a fault it appears to be to let her heart rule her head on occasions.

Delia has kept her head down for a long time now. We have more up front executive members at the Club and a manager who isn''t exactly a shrinking violet.

So why oh why do the cowards and bullies on this board continue to insult and abuse this woman as if she were deliberately setting out to inflame them?

She cannot help not being a mega-rich foreign investor with a dubious background and with what she is good at she has used to increase non-football earnings at the Club.

Delia Smith is not a saint nor is she a sinner. She is criticised for her celebrity (although she does have a talent) and vilified for not being some sort of financial demi-god.

Get over it and concentrate on the football will you. Or are some of you so sad and lacking you need to have a ''red top'' style go at someone well known in order to boost your own self esteem.

[/quote]

Complete drivel. This is a forum son for people to express there feelings. If you dont like it go to suffolk.

[/quote]

Arthur, though it may already have been said in the thread, surely Rudolf Hucker IS expressing his feelings? As you do. Which is what the site is all about. Are anti-Delia posts acceptable and there to be posted and made public but pro ones only worthy of a "complete drivel" comment?

[quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ah the standard "My opinion isn''t the same as yours, therefore your opinion is stupid" reply from Athur, nice to see your traditional forum ettiquette.

and I believe Rudolph is expressing his feelings in a constructive and sensible manner, which as you said is what this forum is for. This forum is not for petty people such as yourself to go around insulting everyone who disagrees with you.
[/quote]

Ah the usual pompus reply from Uea graduate.

[/quote]

The usual hypocritical responce from you!
[/quote]

Yes im a hypocrite, yet it is you that slags me off for having a winge at people with different opinions from me, yet you do exactly the same thing with me. I think you will find that makes you the hypocrite son!

[/quote]

Yet you call me pompus but yet go around being pompus, belittling anyone who has a different opinion. You abuse other posters so don''t be surprised when others abuse you.

So thus if you slag off someone elses post with no proper reasoning or sensible discussion you should be prepared to get it back.
[/quote]

Silly me i forgot how you always make well thought out posts. Yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Time to move on from the Delia fixation, and also time to get back onto the topic please...[/quote]Thats fair enough Pete, feel free to remove my posts [:)]

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Time to move on from the Delia fixation, and also time to get back onto the topic please...[/quote]

Which was what, Pete?

Or were you at the BBQ too?[:)]

OTBC

[quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ah the standard "My opinion isn''t the same as yours, therefore your opinion is stupid" reply from Athur, nice to see your traditional forum ettiquette.

and I believe Rudolph is expressing his feelings in a constructive and sensible manner, which as you said is what this forum is for. This forum is not for petty people such as yourself to go around insulting everyone who disagrees with you.
[/quote]

RH i will agree to disagree because the simple facts are that under this board things have gone backwards and id be surprised [although i hope im proved wrong] if things improve this season. The people upstairs have made it very hard for the men on the ground imo and after selling yet again the cream of the team we have imo replaced them with players that are no better at all. I think the team is stronger in depth but the first 11 is much weaker because the money we have earned from our best 3 first 11 players has not been reinvested in the same quality .

Ps UEA Grad... If you think RH original post was constructive and sensible i would suggest you read it again as he has suggested in it that anyone who dislikes Delias running of the club is a coward and bully with a low self esteem or did you just happen to ignore that bit because you agree with it? Im not on here to make arguement so maybe we''ll draw a line under it? Yay or nay?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

RH i will agree to disagree because the simple facts are that under this board things have gone backwards and id be surprised [although i hope im proved wrong] if things improve this season. The people upstairs have made it very hard for the men on the ground imo and after selling yet again the cream of the team we have imo replaced them with players that are no better at all. I think the team is stronger in depth but the first 11 is much weaker because the money we have earned from our best 3 first 11 players has not been reinvested in the same quality .

Ps UEA Grad... If you think RH original post was constructive and sensible i would suggest you read it again as he has suggested in it that anyone who dislikes Delias running of the club is a coward and bully with a low self esteem or did you just happen to ignore that bit because you agree with it? Im not on here to make arguement so maybe we''ll draw a line under it? Yay or nay?

[/quote]I''ve re-read it and I still agree, he''s calling people who insult and abuse Delia bullies and cowards. I agree with this because if people insult other people, then yes they are bullies and thus cowards. However if people wish for someone else to be in her position and make there point in a mature sensible manner thats fair enough, but I''m yet to see that happen.Anyway I''ve made my final point and if you want to discuss it further start a new thread.

[quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

I''ve re-read it and I still agree, he''s calling people who insult and abuse Delia bullies and cowards. I agree with this because if people insult other people, then yes they are bullies and thus cowards. However if people wish for someone else to be in her position and make there point in a mature sensible manner thats fair enough, but I''m yet to see that happen.

Anyway I''ve made my final point and if you want to discuss it further start a new thread.
[/quote]

Im not in the game of insulting DS and co anymore but i disagree with the way things are done. Does that make me a bully? I could easily say the same about anyone on here who call people names behind a keyboard and just because i stated that i thought the original post was drivel i doubt that makes me one.....BUT when people start name calling i believe that does, So explain how im the bully and others like you are not? Im sticking with my views and am big enough to admit if im wrong [ive done on here and many times in my life] but i wont take insults when its clearly double standards. Ive said my bit to RH and i will apoligise for my somewhat simple reply but imo you only see what you want to mate.

Regards

[quote user="a1canary"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

To begin with I

will declare that I like Delia Smith. I have met her on occasions and

despite her success she is as ordinary as the majority of us. She has

been a supporter of Norwich City long before she and her husband took

up controlling influence and if she has a fault it appears to be to let

her heart rule her head on occasions.

Delia has kept her head down for a long time now. We have more up

front executive members at the Club and a manager who isn''t exactly a

shrinking violet.

So why oh why do the cowards and bullies on this board continue to

insult and abuse this woman as if she were deliberately setting out to

inflame them?

She cannot help not being a mega-rich foreign investor with a

dubious background and with what she is good at she has used to

increase non-football earnings at the Club.

Delia Smith is not a saint nor is she a sinner. She is criticised

for her celebrity (although she does have a talent) and vilified for

not being some sort of financial demi-god.

Get over it and concentrate on the football will you. Or are some of

you so sad and lacking you need to have a ''red top'' style go at someone

well known in order to boost your own self esteem.

[/quote]Rudolph,

while i share your opinions on more topics than not, including this

one, i do question the need for it. It only invites certain people to come on here

tell you you''re talking drivel and for the usual slagging matches to

ensue for the next 4 pages!! [/quote][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

Some strong views then...but the question is: isn''t it time to move on and concentrate on the football?

[/quote]You were warned Rudolph - i even got the number of pages right!!!

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

Some strong views then...but the question is: isn''t it time to move on and concentrate on the football?

[/quote]

Certainly not, Smith & Jones are joint majority shareholders as well as directors of our club and are very much accountable to the supporters so we can never move on, there is nothing to move on from, it is how it is and how it must always be.  The problem lies in people not always being able to accurately articulate their views as is frequently demonstrated on this message board which you can argue is abusive, negative or whatever else, but it certainly doesn’t mean they can’t

An undeniable fact is Smith & Jones own and run our club, they have a majority shareholding and employed Doomcaster to do their bidding, Roger Munby was placed on the board as chairman to offer his mellifluous touch to both shareholders and supporters in general but importantly we are also a  PLC  

Some supporters elected to take on part of the ownership of the club and possess a legal right to its financial information and the ability to attend and contribute at its AGM by way of a shareholding, this maybe an uncomfortable truth given your first post but this is how it is.

Finally to the football supporter in general, there is an inextricable link between the ownership of a club and its performance on the pitch which is why Smith & Jones can never be above close scrutiny.  On one extreme we have Chelsea who whether you like what they represent ( I don’t for what its worth) have won things as a direct result of their owner.  On the other hand we have Cambridge United who have been torn apart by rank bad management which to me is a real football tragedy so no, Smith & Jones can not be left alone

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

[/quote]

You move on and concentrate on the poor excuse for a football team that is paraded in front of you week in week out if you wish.... that is your choice.

Yet again though RH you and your little pack have proven to attempt to bully others who have a different opinion.

I for one will hold the opinion that Delia and her cronies are no good for NCFC whatsoever and will continue to place pressure on her until the money that we have received for transfers is SPENT IN FULL or the team that her hand picked selection of employees proves me wrong in the performances that they deliver week in week out where it matters.... ON THE PITCH!!!!

Clear enough for you????

Quite frankly I am no bully... that is my point of view.... agree with it or disagree with it....

WE WILL SEE WHO IS RIGHT and who is wrong COME WHAT MAY though won''t we????  [:D]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

[/quote]

You move on and concentrate on the poor excuse for a football team that is paraded in front of you week in week out if you wish.... that is your choice.

Yet again though RH you and your little pack have proven to attempt to bully others who have a different opinion.

I for one will hold the opinion that Delia and her cronies are no good for NCFC whatsoever and will continue to place pressure on her until the money that we have received for transfers is SPENT IN FULL or the team that her hand picked selection of employees proves me wrong in the performances that they deliver week in week out where it matters.... ON THE PITCH!!!!

Clear enough for you????

Quite frankly I am no bully... that is my point of view.... agree with it or disagree with it....

WE WILL SEE WHO IS RIGHT and who is wrong COME WHAT MAY though won''t we????  [:D]

[/quote]

Smudge,

I think what you put is quite reasonable, the fact that I see the role and actions of the board differently from you is not for here. Is there some way, do you think, where all of us can enjoy a footballing debate, anticipating the season ahead, talking about players, tactics, the opposition, reviewing and previewing games as a group, having the banter and taking the p*ss without resorting to the, ''you talk drivel, you''re a sheep'' stuff?

Should we be moderating ourselves? I feel that you, for instance, when it comes to purely football matters make good points of view, which I don''t always agree with but can respond to without being moderated or deleted.

What do you suggest?      

[quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

[/quote]

Clear enough for you????

[/quote]

Smudge,

I think what you put is quite reasonable, the fact that I see the role and actions of the board differently from you is not for here. Is there some way, do you think, where all of us can enjoy a footballing debate, anticipating the season ahead, talking about players, tactics, the opposition, reviewing and previewing games as a group, having the banter and taking the p*ss without resorting to the, ''you talk drivel, you''re a sheep'' stuff?

Should we be moderating ourselves? I feel that you, for instance, when it comes to purely football matters make good points of view, which I don''t always agree with but can respond to without being moderated or deleted.

What do you suggest?      

[/quote]

It is impossible to talk about purely football matters when those in the boardroom are clearly holding back Granty & Co from building a successful team on the pitch though Shortfatb.

I have stated many players that we could of signed to take us forward and also of how those in the boardroom could actively seek fresh investment to enable this to happen if they were struggling themselves.

They like many on here have chosen not to listen however... and this will surely mean that yet another poor season is about to follow as those who have buried their heads in the sand squirm in their seats for a 3rd consecutive season.

Maybe this season the majority of the fans will finally lose patience with those in the boardroom who are failing this club?

We can only live in hope!!!  [:D]

[quote user="Bury Green"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

[/quote]

Certainly not, Smith & Jones are joint majority shareholders as well as directors of our club and are very much accountable to the supporters so we can never move on, there is nothing to move on from, it is how it is and how it must always be.  The problem lies in people not always being able to accurately articulate their views as is frequently demonstrated on this message board which you can argue is abusive, negative or whatever else, but it certainly doesn’t mean they can’t

An undeniable fact is Smith & Jones own and run our club, they have a majority shareholding and employed Doomcaster to do their bidding, Roger Munby was placed on the board as chairman to offer his mellifluous touch to both shareholders and supporters in general but importantly we are also a  PLC  

Some supporters elected to take on part of the ownership of the club and possess a legal right to its financial information and the ability to attend and contribute at its AGM by way of a shareholding, this maybe an uncomfortable truth given your first post but this is how it is.

Finally to the football supporter in general, there is an inextricable link between the ownership of a club and its performance on the pitch which is why Smith & Jones can never be above close scrutiny.  On one extreme we have Chelsea who whether you like what they represent ( I don’t for what its worth) have won things as a direct result of their owner.  On the other hand we have Cambridge United who have been torn apart by rank bad management which to me is a real football tragedy so no, Smith & Jones can not be left alone

[/quote]

No we are not, get your facts right we are a limited company not a PLC, the two are different.

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Bury Green"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No we are not, get your facts right we are a limited company not a PLC, the two are different.

[/quote]

Think you are the one who needs to get their facts right BigFish.

Tell me have NCFC not sold many shares to the general public in recent years then????

Ooops sorry my mistake[:$], I got confused between City''s status and those clubs quoted on stock exchanges.

One final point.  If we''re ever going to move on from the "Delia fixation" can we please stop singing "Delia''s Barmy Army"?  Can you think of any other set of fans who would do that?  "Abramovitch''s Barmy Army?"  "Dave Whelan''s Barmy Army" or even "Niall Quinn''s Barmy Army"?  I don''t think so . . .

[quote user="Bury Green"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What you have to remember is S & J are totally in control. What ever we the fans have said, asked, jumped up and down about, demanded or pleaded for, on what ever subject at Carrow Rd they have not taken any notice of us what so ever (apart from yellow shorts) They do what they like, and always have since they took over. After all the fans meetings, all the nice little chats with fans in the bars they have never changed their minds on anything.

They call them selves a listening club, they may listen but they don''t hear.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

[/quote]

Clear enough for you????

[/quote]

Smudge,

What do you suggest?      

[/quote]

Shortfab...Sorry for coming in on the conversation but i for one would love to talk about the football side of things and i have done many a time on this site so im in agreement with you, but ultimatly the way the club is run will always come into the conversations so its always going to be a case of agreeing to disagree instead of petty name callin.

Regards

[quote user="BigFish"]Ooops sorry my mistake[:$], I got confused between City''s status and those clubs quoted on stock exchanges.[/quote]

The club is a PLC with no stock exchange listing, all share activity is handled by one broker in Norwich as far as I recall.  It’s a shame you could have found time to conjure up an equally insightful response to the rest of my post

[quote user="Bury Green"]

[quote user="BigFish"]Ooops sorry my mistake[:$], I got confused between City''s status and those clubs quoted on stock exchanges.[/quote]

The club is a PLC with no stock exchange listing, all share activity is handled by one broker in Norwich as far as I recall.  It’s a shame you could have found time to conjure up an equally insightful response to the rest of my post

[/quote]

Thing was there wasn''t much of substance in your post except one of the standard bash the board type moans. As one of Bill Clinton''s advisors said if you want to go on a duck shoot you have to go where the ducks are. You are not even close.

Fact is the club is run well in difficult circumstances. Facillities are good, crowds are good, playing budget relatively high by championship standards, little risk of the club going belly up. Even success on the pitch hasn''t been too bad compared with the dark days (and comparative clubs) with one chamipionship & one play off final on Delia''s watch. It has fallen back the last two years as things do in the ebb and flow of football.

Now where the knocking argument falls down is that you and others don''t provide an alternative. MWJ & DS have said they will stand down if, and it is a big if, someone comes in who can take the club forward. This may be where the Turners come in but that is not clear.

Now say the club is worth £25million and c£20million in debt. That means you need to find someone with around £22/£23 million before they statrt investing in on the pitch activities. Do you know anyone? No, I didn''t think so. Equally the fans could buy them out and run the club as a club - do you think the season ticket holders would come up with an average £1200 to do this. Nope, I don''t think so. The prices of tickets could be doubled and the money spent on the team. Would that go down well (perhaps with Smudger as he doesn''t seem to go anymore).

Finally, the club could speculate to accumulate. Now if the spectre of Leeds doesn''t give you nightmares consider that our neighbours from Suffolk tried that which resulted in a voluntary arrangement and now they don''t seem any further forward than us.

Now, does that thoroughly debunk you argument satisfactorily for you? [:P]