Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Time to move on from the Delia fixation?

To begin with I will declare that I like Delia Smith. I have met her on occasions and despite her success she is as ordinary as the majority of us. She has been a supporter of Norwich City long before she and her husband took up controlling influence and if she has a fault it appears to be to let her heart rule her head on occasions.

Delia has kept her head down for a long time now. We have more up front executive members at the Club and a manager who isn''t exactly a shrinking violet.

So why oh why do the cowards and bullies on this board continue to insult and abuse this woman as if she were deliberately setting out to inflame them?

She cannot help not being a mega-rich foreign investor with a dubious background and with what she is good at she has used to increase non-football earnings at the Club.

Delia Smith is not a saint nor is she a sinner. She is criticised for her celebrity (although she does have a talent) and vilified for not being some sort of financial demi-god.

Get over it and concentrate on the football will you. Or are some of you so sad and lacking you need to have a ''red top'' style go at someone well known in order to boost your own self esteem.

Well said Rudolph, I have iterated many posts in a similar vein, and am pleased to think that there are some who can apreciate that in Delia Smith and her man, the club have two honest and straight forward supporters who have had, and still have the best interests of NCFC at heart.  IMHO long may they continue to do so. OTBC!!!

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

To begin with I will declare that I like Delia Smith. I have met her on occasions and despite her success she is as ordinary as the majority of us. She has been a supporter of Norwich City long before she and her husband took up controlling influence and if she has a fault it appears to be to let her heart rule her head on occasions.

Delia has kept her head down for a long time now. We have more up front executive members at the Club and a manager who isn''t exactly a shrinking violet.

So why oh why do the cowards and bullies on this board continue to insult and abuse this woman as if she were deliberately setting out to inflame them?

She cannot help not being a mega-rich foreign investor with a dubious background and with what she is good at she has used to increase non-football earnings at the Club.

Delia Smith is not a saint nor is she a sinner. She is criticised for her celebrity (although she does have a talent) and vilified for not being some sort of financial demi-god.

Get over it and concentrate on the football will you. Or are some of you so sad and lacking you need to have a ''red top'' style go at someone well known in order to boost your own self esteem.

[/quote]

You mean like you and your avatar Rudy?

Delia can stand on her own without help from posts like yours.

She''s a big girl and understands history, benchmarks and passion.

The longer she keeps her head down the better. She''s a fine cook, but she must let her ''expert'' soccer employees lead the way. And if they don''t perform fire them in a timely fashion and try again.

What she may well be advised to do is replace her legal-eagle CEO with a businessman with a football background.

And next time think of a manager with substance, charisma and national name recognition a la John Bond - unless Peter can perform a ''Ron Saunders'' act.

A faint heart never won a fair lady, Rudy. Nor got promotion to the prem.

OTBC

[/quote]

Complete drivel. This is a forum son for people to express there feelings. If you dont like it go to suffolk.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

[/quote]

Complete drivel. This is a forum son for people to express there feelings. If you dont like it go to suffolk.

[/quote]

Thats all Rudolph has done Arthur.......Big Smile [:D]

The Emperor''s New Clothes, where the majority of observers willingly share in a collective ignorance of an obvious fact.

This pretty much sums up your take on the joint majority shareholder and whilst I’m sure she’s a pleasant person what I can never understand is how anybody who has ever bothered to pick up a set of the clubs accounts can ever form an opinion like yours.

Balance sheet growth has far outweighed performance on the pitch, not bad work when you own over 51% of the club so carry on believing what ever you want to believe listen to each and every word of the salaried Doomcatser about the perilous state of the club but heavens sake why of why can’t people actually look at the facts, its under your noses.

To conclude, the next chapter should involve the current majority shareholders passing their controlling stake to the Turners so for me its time to hear much more from them. They were sat alone in the Gunn Club last Friday so I wonder what they are making of things at Carrow Road now they are board members?

No one, not even the unholy trinty of Cluck, Smudge and Whittle have given ''Deals'' a tougher ride than me on here in the past. I have said some very harsh and awful things about Delia, and for that I feel ashamed!

Why the change?, simple, I was wrong!.

I can only say sorry to her so many times you know, but I will gladly say it again now, I apologise Delia.

Everything I said was born of the ''Worthy Out'' days, and yes, I found her support for him frustrating to put it mildly. And I''m still wary of anyone with a larger majority shareholding of 51% or more.

But deep, deep down, I suppose I still love the woman, and I wouldn''t want to see her go, so yes, I''m happy to back her all the way.

[/quote]

[/quote]Ah the standard "My opinion isn''t the same as yours, therefore your opinion is stupid" reply from Athur, nice to see your traditional forum ettiquette.and I believe Rudolph is expressing his feelings in a constructive and sensible manner, which as you said is what this forum is for. This forum is not for petty people such as yourself to go around insulting everyone who disagrees with you.

[/quote]Rudolph, while i share your opinions on more topics than not, including this one, i do question the need for it. It has a "me thinks he doth protest too much" feel to it! It only invites certain people to come on here tell you you''re talking drivel and for the usual slagging matches to ensue for the next 4 pages!! And i do wonder what she''d make of your avatar!!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

No one, not even the unholy trinty of Cluck, Smudge and Whittle have given ''Deals'' a tougher ride than me on here in the past. I have said some very harsh and awful things about Delia, and for that I feel ashamed!

Why the change?, simple, I was wrong!.

I can only say sorry to her so many times you know, but I will gladly say it again now, I apologise Delia.

Everything I said was born of the ''Worthy Out'' days, and yes, I found her support for him frustrating to put it mildly. And I''m still wary of anyone with a larger majority shareholding of 51% or more.

But deep, deep down, I suppose I still love the woman, and I wouldn''t want to see her go, so yes, I''m happy to back her all the way.

[/quote]

What will you do if we are in the bottom 3 at christmas Wiz. What will you say.

Will you change your mind again.

Will you want Delia and Grant out.

Thank you for your replies. This thread is not, however, intended to be about who is right or who is wrong it is about moving on.

Let the football commence!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Arthur, you have some gall. You came on here as some sort of self proclaimed leader and catalyst for change from your pub in St Stephens, bottled it, fell ill, went on holiday or whatever and now act as if your dogmatic, reactionary stance is now the accepted position of the majority of this board and that you are the guardian of it. The truth is, of course, that your opinion, outside of your own head, counts no more than anyone else''s on here and many of us think you are a pompous, self important dullard. Go to Suffolk yourself.      

[quote]

Will you want Delia and Grant out.[/quote]

Well I can''t speak for 1st Wiz Ricky, but if we''re in the bottom 3 by Xmas I''ll challenge you to a wreslting match.  Maybe the Wiz would be happy to make it a tag team ?  It won''t happen.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]

Well I can''t speak for 1st Wiz Ricky, but if we''re in the bottom 3 by Xmas I''ll challenge you to a wreslting match.  Maybe the Wiz would be happy to make it a tag team ?  It won''t happen.
[/quote]

I never said it would. My point is that the extremist drivel that Wiz spouts is so ridiculously all or nothing with no perspective or balance that if it were to happen he would most likely be calling for their heads on spikes.

As for the wrestling match. If we make the playoffs I''ll challenge you to one.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"] My point is that the extremist drivel that Wiz spouts

[/quote]

Cor! my posts have now been elevated to only the drivel standard now, thanks Hardhouse, compared to what some have said on here about my posts thats praise indeed!.

I knew if I stuck at it I''d improve!.[:D][:D]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]

[/quote]

But have you seen him Blah?? [:-*]

Have you seen him dancing around his ring??[:O]

I hope you are Mick McMannus or Jackie Pallo [:^)]

Otherwise.. [8]

I think you''re Crazy
I think you''re Crazy
I think you''re Crazy
Just like Meee...

[*-)][8-)]

Thank you for your replies. This thread is not, however, intended to be about who is right or who is wrong it is about moving on.

Let the football commence!

[/quote]

Seems to me it''s more about men''s views of female ass*s.

OTBC

[quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Arthur, you have some gall. You came on here as some sort of self proclaimed leader and catalyst for change from your pub in St Stephens, bottled it, fell ill, went on holiday or whatever and now act as if your dogmatic, reactionary stance is now the accepted position of the majority of this board and that you are the guardian of it. The truth is, of course, that your opinion, outside of your own head, counts no more than anyone else''s on here and many of us think you are a pompous, self important dullard. Go to Suffolk yourself.      

[/quote]

Glad to see you have formed an opinion of me based on a few words on an internet chatroom. Think you need to get out more son.

[quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ah the standard "My opinion isn''t the same as yours, therefore your opinion is stupid" reply from Athur, nice to see your traditional forum ettiquette.

and I believe Rudolph is expressing his feelings in a constructive and sensible manner, which as you said is what this forum is for. This forum is not for petty people such as yourself to go around insulting everyone who disagrees with you.
[/quote]

Ah the usual pompus reply from Uea graduate.

[/quote]

When exactly was the last time Delia was slagged off on here anyway?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Glad to see you have formed an opinion of me based on a few words on an internet chatroom. Think you need to get out more son.

[/quote]

On what else should I base my opinion? You have no idea how often I get out and in no circumstances would my idea of getting out be spending time in your pub in St Stephens. Taxi to Suffolk for Arthur!

But they are the benchmark Ricky. It''s moved on yes, but like your football views it''s pale by comparison. The benchmark for you guys now can only be the wrestling that was described to us on Saturday afternoons by Kent Walton.

Have a good week.......... ''til next week [;)]

[quote]Excepted only if its my speciality hardcore, cage match. lol.[/quote]

Fair doos, but no gauging or biting, and lay off the face and the fingernails.  They''re too pretty to break.

Honest.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Ah the standard "My opinion isn''t the same as yours, therefore your opinion is stupid" reply from Athur, nice to see your traditional forum ettiquette.and I believe Rudolph is expressing his feelings in a constructive and sensible manner, which as you said is what this forum is for. This forum is not for petty people such as yourself to go around insulting everyone who disagrees with you.[/quote]

[/quote]The usual hypocritical responce from you!

[quote user="ricky knight"]you are behind times mate just like your football views, wrestling has moved on since those two were around.[/quote]

Ricky, Ricky.

When those two were around wrestling was a national topic of conversation. The first words uttered when you turned into work on a monday morning was ''''did you wotch the foight saturday-dirty basturd''''

Nobody talks about wrastling anymore apart from a few dipsticks in a small holliday camp somewhere near Hemsby and they forget all about it as soon as the tide comes in.

Good luck to you and what you do but those sort of statements (and like some of the footie related ones you post on this site ) are just plain silly.

[quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

On what else should I base my opinion? You have no idea how often I get out and in no circumstances would my idea of getting out be spending time in your pub in St Stephens. Taxi to Suffolk for Arthur!

[/quote]

No your idea of getting out is going down to yarmouth beach and sticking your head in the sand. Grow up!

[quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ah the standard "My opinion isn''t the same as yours, therefore your opinion is stupid" reply from Athur, nice to see your traditional forum ettiquette.

and I believe Rudolph is expressing his feelings in a constructive and sensible manner, which as you said is what this forum is for. This forum is not for petty people such as yourself to go around insulting everyone who disagrees with you.
[/quote]

[/quote]

The usual hypocritical responce from you!
[/quote]

Yes im a hypocrite, yet it is you that slags me off for having a winge at people with different opinions from me, yet you do exactly the same thing with me. I think you will find that makes you the hypocrite son!