Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

"we need to be cleverer"

so said munby...

so Preston will be aware we atre missing players throuhg a bug but wont know who they are... why dont we come out and name 3 players who are fit and healthy so Preston devise their whole game plan around 3 players they believe wont play.. only to realise that those players are actually playing and fit and healthy.. and it was other players the bug affected...

Cleverer Norwich... cleverer.... everyother team uses injury smoke screens

jas :)

Probably because outright lies don''t work very for very long.  Once people notice you lying then they don''t believe you.

If you stretch the truth (say 3 of the first team are out when you mean

the first team squad for example) you get almost the same advantage now

and it will still work in the future.

Lying ... ooh how clever!

I''m sure that Preston couldn''t care less who will be playing on Saturday - they know that we are Huckerby+Earnshaw-less and have spent practically zero in the transfer market. They will be licking their lips at the prospect of three pretty secure points to get yet another promotion propelled season underway.

Rather than lying about the sick players perhaps it would be cleverer to sign a decent centre back or two?

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

I''m sure that Preston couldn''t care less who will be playing on Saturday - they know that we are Huckerby+Earnshaw-less and have spent practically zero in the transfer market. They will be licking their lips at the prospect of three pretty secure points to get yet another promotion propelled season underway.

Rather than lying about the sick players perhaps it would be cleverer to sign a decent centre back or two?

[/quote]

find me a team or manager that hasnt said "x player wont be playing this weekend" only for him to be unleashed on the opposition.

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

[/quote]

Compared to who, exactly?  I give you that Sheff Utd, Charlton maybe plus one or two others have spent big, but so have we in relative terms for the division.  I know we haven''t spent all that we could, perhaps should have done, but there are plenty of teams in this division who would love to have spent what we have.

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"][quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

[/quote]

Compared to who, exactly?  I give you that Sheff Utd, Charlton maybe plus one or two others have spent big, but so have we in relative terms for the division.  I know we haven''t spent all that we could, perhaps should have done, but there are plenty of teams in this division who would love to have spent what we have.

[/quote]

The point I was making was that I doubt Preston will be at all bothered who we will be playing because compared to last year we don''t have Robert Earnshaw and they will be delighted to see that we haven''t splashed the cash on replacements. They won''t be bothered about a thirty year old and an unknown Czech upfront, two half fit central midfield players who cost little and a new goalkeeper sitting infront of a shakey defence.

Do you really think Preston fans will be losing any sleep tonight? They may have been if we had spent what we have.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

[/quote]

find me a team or manager that hasnt said "x player wont be playing this weekend" only for him to be unleashed on the opposition.

[/quote]

This is hardly the cleverest trick in the book! - Again, do you really think Preston will be running scared when they see that the Norwich team sheet includes two or three players that they won''t have expected???

Preston won''t be bothered about who is wearing a yellow shirt - they will be concentrating solely on what their players will need to do and so should we be - rather than playing dim-witted pranks. 

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"][quote user="Temp the Revelator"][quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The point I was making was that I doubt Preston will be at all bothered who we will be playing because compared to last year we don''t have Robert Earnshaw and they will be delighted to see that we haven''t splashed the cash on replacements. They won''t be bothered about a thirty year old and an unknown Czech upfront, two half fit central midfield players who cost little and a new goalkeeper sitting infront of a shakey defence.

Do you really think Preston fans will be losing any sleep tonight? They may have been if we had spent what we have.

[/quote]

That would confuse them if we played the goalkeeper infront of the defence

[quote user="yellow blood"][quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"][quote user="Temp the Revelator"][quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That would confuse them if we played the goalkeeper infront of the defence

[/quote]

He hopefully won''t be "sitting" either or we will have another Dickson on our hands.