Sign in to follow this  
In Dubious Battle

Missung players

News section of the site says that the five players with the bug are all doubts for preston!

that''s ostembor & hughes both our options at right back & martin & cureton meaning we''ll have no choice but to go with strihavka & brown up front with huckerby out as well it could be a weak side we put out on saturday.

fingers crossed they''ll all be ok.

[quote user="Hairy Trainspotter"]If Hughes and Otsemobor both still have the trots, surely that now makes Cave Brown a shoo-in at right back?[/quote]

If they were poorly on Tuesday I''m sure they will all be fine for Saturday.

[quote user="Eastonpromise"]Not that I doubt you, but where is your evidence considering the press not got names?[/quote]

Probably because Pete works at Archant and talks to the sports writers who are in the know!!

Ah, didn''t realise he was referring to me.

This line gives a few clues...

"At least four senior players have been ruled out of the season opener at Preston tomorrow after being told to stay away from the club''s training centre this week after falling ill following a staff barbecue on Sunday."

But who knows, they may make a swift recovery. When I had food poisoning there was no way I''d have been able to have played football on the Saturday if I''d contracted it less than a week before then. Although I''m not a super-fit athlete...

Bear in mind they wouldn''t have trained all week.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

When I had food poisoning there was no way I''d have been able to have played football on the Saturday if I''d contracted it less than a week before then. [/quote]

pffft.. whats wrong with u man! lol

jas :)