Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Preston! What is acceptible?

A 1 nil win would be an excellent result to start the season the way we hope to carry on - even if the solitary goal comes off Cureton''s knee or the Doc''s bum, and Marshall has to pull off a string of fabulous saves to preserve our lead! An acceptable result would be a bore draw, with the hope that we can improve the following week at home to Southampton. Whatever happens, I can''t wait for the season to get underway now. Bring it on!

And Adams is talking pants for the purpose of creating debate. Preston are a competitive side and not an easy place to go to.

If you take his logic Palace and Ipswich are fighting for the title.

We sounded like a unit and we have not been a cohesive unit for three seasons.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]I would concur.  Although these bozo''s on Canary Call are a right bunch of numpties[/quote]

And to think I missed it... [:(]

[quote user="Steve Burns"]I heard Neil Adams say it was a poor Preston side - so poor they only got 15 corners to our none[/quote]lolAnyway as a Preston Fan I can safely say, the game was far more one sided that the radio commentators mentioned. Preston are always written off as we are not a big club in anyone eyes.Preston had more shots, more possesion, more corners (15 to none), caught offside more, more penalty appeals You get my drift.Saying that Norwich defended everything and countered (badly but still).So although I feel hard done by, I have to take my hat off and say Norwich defended amazingly well. It''s the first game of the season, so you can''t base much on it but get yourself a creative winger (hucks) and a decent striker (cureton), then you will win the games and not conceed.For people to call preston poor tho, is based soley on our dramatic fall last season and the "thery''re a small club" philosophy. Good luck in the season anyway.

Preston wern''t great - Draw was a perfectly fair result imo.You may have had more corners but they were all crud!  did any get to a PNE head?  I didn''t spot any.  They came in 4 bursts, most coming from defending other corners.I think you need quite lot more of an attacking threat and soon.