Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Another message for possibly the best supporters in the world

How much more evidence do you need concerning falling behind? Norwich want Darren Carter, no he prefers to sign for Preston. Norwich want Ryan Shawcross, no he prefers to go to Stoke. Now neither of these are that great but we couldn''t get them, when we came up against the mighty Preston or Stoke City. That''s because the opposition were prepared to offer better terms and were more serious about getting them. Neil (Mr Prudent, Mr Cautious, Mr Boring, Mr Mediocre) Doncaster''s hand no doubt is all over this.

Enough of the people who run this club are quite happy to see us stumble along mid table in the Championship. Why do they feel the need to do more, we are still filling the ground and buying plenty of football shirts. They are terrified of reaching the premier league because they are utterly incapable of thinking at that level.

I am sick to death that clubs such as Wigan, Fulham, Charlton, Reading, Portsmouth, Bolton, Blackburn are regarded are regarded as "big clubs" and we are regarded as "little friendly homely Norwich" and so should everybody else. There''s a big football club hiding at Carrow Rd with the capacity to completely dominate football in the East of England, with the ability to draw 35,000 fans every other week. Stand up, stick your chest out, and demand it!

OTBC

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

How much more evidence do you need concerning falling behind? Norwich want Darren Carter, no he prefers to sign for Preston. Norwich want Ryan Shawcross, no he prefers to go to Stoke. Now neither of these are that great but we couldn''t get them, when we came up against the mighty Preston or Stoke City. That''s because the opposition were prepared to offer better terms and were more serious about getting them. Neil (Mr Prudent, Mr Cautious, Mr Boring, Mr Mediocre) Doncaster''s hand no doubt is all over this.

Enough of the people who run this club are quite happy to see us stumble along mid table in the Championship. Why do they feel the need to do more, we are still filling the ground and buying plenty of football shirts. They are terrified of reaching the premier league because they are utterly incapable of thinking at that level.

I am sick to death that clubs such as Wigan, Fulham, Charlton, Reading, Portsmouth, Bolton, Blackburn are regarded are regarded as "big clubs" and we are regarded as "little friendly homely Norwich" and so should everybody else. There''s a big football club hiding at Carrow Rd with the capacity to completely dominate football in the East of England, with the ability to draw 35,000 fans every other week. Stand up, stick your chest out, and demand it!

OTBC

[/quote]

Very insightful......but as Mystic Megson so wisely stated......while the fan''s continue to chant "Delia Smith''s Green and Yellow Army" we don''t have a hope in hell. It''s pure self mutilation on a mass scale.......

Time for a major sea change in my view....so I suggest we all set the "good ship Squealia" adrift in the Pacific...without a paddle or bailing pot.

I would say both of those players chose clubs that were not to far from their homes....

OTBC

[/quote]

So in other words playing for Norwich in your view is not worth moving house for? In which case as we are in the wilds of Norfolk we haven''t got much chance of attracting anyone in the future then, unless they already live close to Carrow Rd! The club reps should be out there convincing them how much better it is living in Norfolk than scummy old Stoke or Preston, and how much better our club is than either of those, make no mistake if the terms were right we would have those players but we always want it on the cheap. Billy Sharp to Sheff Utd from Scunthorpe, moving house do you reckon? Or Freddie Eastwood to Wolves from Southend? McLeod from MK Dons to Charlton?  I bet we''ve got more season ticket holders than Sheff Utd, Wolves or Charlton....but we think so small

Cluck wrote

Time for a major sea change in my view....so I suggest we all set the "good ship Squealia" adrift in the Pacific...without a paddle or bailing pot.

So you obviously want someone like Steve Morgan (the Guy who has just taken over at Wolves). He''s such a big Woves fan that he originally wanted to buy Liverpool.

Tons of cash ain''t everything you have to actually support the club

OTBC

[/quote]

Barcley dear boy i gave up ages ago trying to get people on here to understand how we see things yet there happy in there wooly world so expect to get shot down. well said mate, a thread that imo speaks more sense than most ive ever read on here.

Never mind hey...as lond as there happy!!!!!

Tons of cash is everything  because it''s a business, unfortunately these days, thanks to Sky, That is unless you are happy fighting relegation in the Championship each season. I don''t care if we get money  from a Liverpool supporter, from the Russian Mafia or an Albanian Mass Murderer, as long as it helps the club. Tons of cash is everything and you will not get to the Prem without it, and personally that''s where I would like us to be. And if you do get there you have to spend even more. Sunderland just signed a keeper for 9 million, can you ever imagine us doing that, yet we support the club better than even the supposed die hards in the North East. That''s why we need a major investor, someone with the vision of how big the club could be. In terms of supporting the club, I have a season ticket, I will be at the Barnet game on Tuesday night, and I will be the one at Hull with "Brellier" on the back of my NCFC shirt. I also have a bet on us going up at 9 to 1, although I note that there are shorter odds on us to get relegated.  I love this club, but we deserve better. If we had signed Sharp or Eastwood, plus Davenport or similar then I think we would have a fighting chance of automatic promotion, as it is we will have to overachieve to make the top 6. The Huckster could see it and so should we all be able to.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]My faith in those currently holding it back is zero.[/quote]

Who''s holding it back cluck ?  The agents who sold Etuhu and Earnshaw to Sunderland and Derby ?  The players who think they should have a guaranteed first team place except when they''re "not fit", or on international duty for 5 weeks ?  Well we don''t have to deal with them any more.  And the manner in which Smith replaced Etuhu in quick order should give some indication of the footballing and purse-string holding staff working together quickly to find solutions to real problems in the team.  If Grant wants something and it''s acheivable, he''ll get it. 

So I ask again, who is now holding the club back ?

[/quote]

The board, who seriously underinvested in the squad during the two seasons when we had the parachute money and have the nerve to complain that we can''t compete with the clubs who have parachute money now.  It appears that they find managing a yoyo club just too much trouble.  In my opinion their aim is to return to the mid-table risk-free comfort zone which we occupied for the first five seasons of their tenure. 

Any fan worthy of the name should expect their club to at least make an effort to fulfil its potential without breaking the bank, not settle for underachievement.  If we don''t boot the board up the backside, who else is going to?

[quote user="Steve Burns"]

Cluck wrote

So you obviously want someone like Steve Morgan (the Guy who has just taken over at Wolves). He''s such a big Woves fan that he originally wanted to buy Liverpool.

Tons of cash ain''t everything you have to actually support the club

[/quote]

Business men do not see their company through rose coloured specs...as it is purely a financial challenge for them. It wouldn''t matter what the core business was...as long as it worked...was successful...and didn''t lose them money they would remain "loyal" to the brand.

This "one club" loyalty too is a farce. What about Chris Sutton...do you think he spent his time at Blackburn and Celtic dreaming of getting back to Norwich City? Was Leicester born Gary Lineker a "Judas" for playing for Everton and Spurs? Is Thierry Henry a "Judas" for playing in England as a Frenchman...and then leaving England for Barcelona? Is Milan Madaric a "Judas" for leaving Portsmouth for Leicester?...or are Pompey fans hugely grateful to him for taking their club to where they are today? Big minds do not think small...and that''s all obsessive loyalty to one football club is in business and as a player.

Step back from seeing NCFC as a unique product in business terms. It''s just another club to someone with money...just as it was for Delia Smith. A way to make money and further a career...while conning the paying spectator into believing they are valued. The sooner we get someone here with an expanded mentality rather than this childish "Delia Smith fantasy bubble" the better....and I won''t be coming back until it happens.

THEN...those who can''t see it now will be grateful to those who tried to make it happen.......

The only board I seem to be losing faith in is this one.  T*****s like Cluck and smudge who attack everybody who does not share their views and they are poisoning this forum with their constant crap. 

[quote user="Steve Mortlock"]   The only board I seem to be losing faith in is this one.  T*****s like Cluck and smudge who attack everybody who does not share their views and they are poisoning this forum with their constant crap. 

[/quote]

Have to agree that this site isnt what it used to be and thats why we''ve lost some of our great regular posters.

How about giving Cluck, Smudger and Arthur their own section then they can all whinge and moan together??

[quote user="Steve Mortlock"]   The only board I seem to be losing faith in is this one.  T*****s like Cluck and smudge who attack everybody who does not share their views and they are poisoning this forum with their constant crap. 

[/quote]

Now....who''s downing who for not sharing their own views?  I really don''t give a toss whether you agree with me or not...yet it seems you''re so painfully bothered by me and my fellow realists. So who''s actually got the problem?

Hypocritical bilge from yet another apologist who wants fairy lights on everything.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Barcley dear boy i gave up ages ago trying to get people on here to understand how we see things yet there happy in there wooly world so expect to get shot down. well said mate, a thread that imo speaks more sense than most ive ever read on here.

Never mind hey...as lond as there happy!!!!!

[/quote]

Arthur,

With the greatest respect, this is a bit patronising. I don''t think that many people don''t understand how you see things, its just that many of them don''t agree with that viewpoint. There is a difference, you know.

very well said and spot on, especially re the parachute payments. If it''s right that Doomcaster and co do check out the message boards this is at least one avenue to make them aware that we are not thrilled with their performance.

Steve Mortlock wrote:

The only board I seem to be losing faith in is this one.  T*****s like Cluck and smudge who attack everybody who does not share their views and they are poisoning this forum with their constant crap. 

Cluck wrote

Now....who''s downing who for not sharing their own views?  I really don''t give a toss whether you agree with me or not...yet it seems you''re so painfully bothered by me and my fellow realists. So who''s actually got the problem?

Hypocritical bilge from yet another apologist who wants fairy lights on everything.

Fellow realists ??

Perhaps we are the fellow realists and YOU are full of crap - ever thought of it that way ??

Cluck wrote

Step back from seeing NCFC as a unique product in business terms. It''s just another club to someone with money...just as it was for Delia Smith. A way to make money and further a career...while conning the paying spectator into believing they are valued. The sooner we get someone here with an expanded mentality rather than this childish "Delia Smith fantasy bubble" the better....and I won''t be coming back until it happens.

So if you believe that Delia is conning the fans - why would any other businessman  / woman be any different ??

Milan Manderic is not a Judas he just wants to grab every penny he can - He''s NO football fan

Steve Mortlock wrote:

Cluck wrote

Don''t sit on the fence Cluck tell us what you really feel ! - People have no respect for you even if you have valid points because you have no respect for anyone who has a different view to your own