Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Joe Cole may be loaned out till end of season

Have just read a report that suggested that Joe Cole was frustrated at Chelsea because of his lack of regular football and that Ranieri might consider loaning him out till the end of the season. The report says he cannot be loaned out to another Premiership side but he could be loaned out to West Ham or another First Division club. It might be wishful thinking on my behalf but might he consider coming to Carrow Road.

Although I think Joe Cole is vastly overrated, I would love to see him in the Norwich team for the last portion of the season. I didn''t realsie he couldn''t be loaned out to another prem club, but if this is correct, then I guess (assuming he wouldn''t mind playing a few nationwide games) we have a reasonable chance of getting him for a bit.

If he is prepared to play in the nationwide to get a few games under his belt then, why not for the league leaders?

Silver Fox, you and I are both entrenched in some serious wishful thinking, but that''s what we all said during the Huckerby saga...

I agree with the don''t fix it if it ain''t broke philosophy, but the city squad is small - it wouldn''t hurt to bolster our resources for the remainder of the season. Who would you rather have in the team if injuries removed a couple of players - Rivers, Mulryne or Joe Cole?

I think that most fans would accept that the city midfield is missing two things - a consistent wide right midfielder and someone who can add some creative flair. Joe Cole could be a temporary solution although whether he would buy in to Worthys work ethic is questinable.

However with the transfer and loan moves as they are Joe cannot be loaned to another premier club or to any foreign club so his only option to play is to drop to the nationwide. I cant see him fitting in to WBA/Sheffield/Wigan and surely only the top clubs are likely to be attractive to him, which means us or his beloved West Ham. Given that we are top of the league with numerous live games coming up both clubs would give im th opportunity to get some match fitness and profile to keep him in Svens thoughts with Euro 2004 coming up - the latter should mean that he would at least play with some comittment should he come here.

A pipe dream maybe but not to be dismissed out of hand methinks...

OTBC

PS Anyone throw any light on the rumours of a press conference today unveiling Manu Petit as a loan signing? (a name I suggested 3/4 weeks ago)

Press conference with Manu Petit? Don''t know about that one mate! I know the willingness to believe has been a mainstay of this amazing season but lets not get carried away. I hope I''m wrong but i have to say that the possibility of us getting either joe cole or Manu Petit are extremely slim. Perhaps a loan move for Huth would be more realistic (not because we neccisarily need him at present but because NCFC have a good reputation of getting loan signings to want to stay) and i think he would be just what we need if we get to the promised land. I also noticed he is down the pecking order at chelsea and although Desailly may leave at the end of the year, i would be suprised if Big Rom didn''t buy two to replace him in the summer.

As I have some (vague) connection with Joe Cole I would think it more likely that he moves to Spain if he is indeed unhappy at Chelsea.

Pardon me for sounding ignorant, but wouldn''t we be obliged to cough up a percentage of his wages while he was here? He must be on £40k - £50k a week at Chelsea - whichever way I look at this one, it looks mighty unlikely. Still, just goes to show the level of enthusiasm and optimism rife at Carrow Road at the moment if a thread like this doesn''t have everyone laughing like a drain. Long may that continue!