Sign in to follow this  
Indy_Bones

Etuhu showing his classic best...

Taken from Sky Sports:

"What a chance: Sunderland miss a last-gasp chance to clinch all three points. Dickson Etuhu finds the ball at his feet just six yards out but he fails to make proper contact allowing Paul Robinson to pull off a full-length save to paw the ball away to safety. Etuhu''s control let him down there at the vital moment."

Guess some things never change.

How much did they pay for him...

Yes it must be terrible playing a full 90 minutes in the PREMIER LEAGUE and winning.  Bet he really wishes he was back in the championship playing preston today instead of tottenham!

So he missed a chance, big deal.

He''s been bought by Roy Keane to play Premiership football and he had a pretty decent game today.

Can''t argue with that.

[quote user="Matt"]Yes it must be terrible playing a full 90 minutes in the PREMIER LEAGUE and winning.  Bet he really wishes he was back in the championship playing preston today instead of tottenham![/quote]

The point is Matt, that despite the result, Etuhu has yet again been found wanting when called upon.

FFS, if you put Andy Hughes in the Brazil side, does that automatically make him good when they win? I think not.

Still, you''ve at least demonstrated to me that now that some fans are clearly going to be using every Sunderland win as a stick to try to beat the board with over the sale of Etuhu - regardless of Etuhu''s performance in the games.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Etuhu played well overall. But will be be consistent?[/quote]

Funny isn''t it, there have been a load of posts about the predictions for where we will finish this season, one of which was from Sky saying they didn''t rate our chances, however, it also appears that they didn''t rate Etuhu today, with his rating of 5 from the game, which according to Sky is:

5: Below Average - Some faults, out-of-touch

Can''t say as I disagree with that.

[quote user="Matt"]

Yes it must be terrible playing a full 90 minutes in the PREMIER LEAGUE and winning.  Bet he really wishes he was back in the championship playing preston today instead of tottenham!

[/quote]

I agree with you, he must be really upset at a win bonus that probably matches the basic pay of some NCFC players.  

I watched the game, and thought Etuhu played very well. He had a few chances to get on the score sheet too.Sunderland''s tactics to stifle Tottenham''s midfield was very effective, and obviously involved Etuhu quite a bit. Maybe he has at last found a manager who can get him to be the player he could be. God knows Worthy and Grant couldn''t get him to perform consistently.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Etuhu played well overall. But will be be consistent?[/quote]

Funny isn''t it, there have been a load of posts about the predictions for where we will finish this season, one of which was from Sky saying they didn''t rate our chances, however, it also appears that they didn''t rate Etuhu today, with his rating of 5 from the game, which according to Sky is:

5: Below Average - Some faults, out-of-touch

Can''t say as I disagree with that.

[/quote]I probably would disagree with that, he was aggressive off the ball with Jenas in particular getting a little upset and he got forward quite a bit too.

Etuhu was sunderlands best player today. He bullied and hassled jenas out of the game and jenas was really going to be their most creative midfielder for spurs today. He missed a glaring opotunity today but then again his work in the middle was excellent and i would have given him man of the match, or perhaps mc shane. Really you need to watch the match before you can slag Etuhu off for having a bad game, just like any players and especially is relevant to norwich city players too.

[quote user="Fellas"]Really you need to watch the match before you can slag Etuhu off for having a bad game[/quote]

Did I say he had a bad game and was awful - no.

If you read my initial post, I simply highlighted that when given a golden opportunity to score, Etuhu made a hash of it, and that''s very reminiscent of many games he played for us. He''d get into the right position, but then not convert the chance. As someone else also pointed out, it was due to Etuhu missing a header, that Chopra got the winning goal.

I''ll happily admit that I didn''t watch the full game myself, but a number of close friends of mine did (2 of whom are involved closely with football, albeit at a lower level), and none of them thought he was outstanding. Neither apparently did the ''experts'' from Sky Sports.

Football is all about opinions, and based on what I saw in the first half, combined with the opinions I received back about the second, Etuhu didn''t stand out.

I did watch the match & thought he was no better for Sunderland than he was for Norwich! I thought a lot of ball watching & very quite & HE SHOULD HAVE SCORED !!!!

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]

Maybe he has at last found a manager who can get him to be the player he could be. God knows Worthy and Grant couldn''t get him to perform consistently.

[/quote]

I''m sure you appreciate the irony that this sentence comes after one game. [:D]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]I''ll happily admit that I didn''t watch the full game myself, but a number of close friends of mine did (2 of whom are involved closely with football, albeit at a lower level), and none of them thought he was outstanding. Neither apparently did the ''experts'' from Sky Sports.[/quote]Andy Gray pointed out in commentary that he was having a good debut.

Etuhu looked quite decent to me, he had a good snap shot in the 1st half which you fail to mention and got stuck in. Oh boo hoo he missed a chance. It wasnt an easy chance as it bobled up towards him unexpectedly-but why are you so concerned with Dickson Etuhu when he has nothing to do with our club anymore?

[quote user="O.J."][quote user="Indy_Bones"]I''ll happily admit that I didn''t watch the full game myself, but a number of close friends of mine did (2 of whom are involved closely with football, albeit at a lower level), and none of them thought he was outstanding. Neither apparently did the ''experts'' from Sky Sports.[/quote]Andy Gray pointed out in commentary that he was having a good debut.[/quote]Exactly. Although he missed that chance where it bounced off his thigh (which in all honesty he shouldn''t have missed although it was a difficult chance) and i guess you refer to his bending shot past the post that he missed, that again wasn''t too easy then you can hardly say he was playing badly. Particularly when his role in that game yesterday was a defensive one. He wasn''t supposed to maraude into the spurs box all the time, his job was to break up the play, and when i last looked he limited jenas to about..... 1 chance, which in my books says that he did his job. For the goal, if you actually get to see it, you''ll find the ball was not only meant for Chopra but was actually behind Etuhu as well.Perhaps sour grapes for some people on this board.

i agree he did have a good debut and i think roy keane will get the best from only because he takes no nonsense from any players, i for one was happy to see etuhu go because he really didnt light up the ground when he played for us, yes he was good on his day but as many people have stated his day was few and far between, in fact he had just as many bad performances as doc did, i say good luck to him and wish him well in his career with sunderland, what amazes me is that just cos he wants to play in he prem and hes doing that hes deemed as a crap player who doesnt desrve to play there, yet its these fans are the ones who are slagging the board for selling him as he was our best player, he was good but he was the wrong player for norwich and 2 seasons prooved it,  sometimes players are fantastic for the club and sometimes they arent thats the difference in teams and the way teams play,  for sunderland he did his job very well and made it extremely difficult for a very good player in jenas to get a foothold on the game, so my guess is at norwich he was used wrongwell done dickson hope you continue in this form as fi for one think your move will benefit your new club and ours

[quote user="Matt"]

[/quote]

he might well be come January.. when Keano finds out just how much over rated Lazy Crap he has actually signed!

jas :)