Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Fans saying that we look mediocre???

At the risk of playing into Smudger and Cluck''s hands - which may or not be the intention of their appearances on this board - I thought I might throw my tuppence worth into the ring for what it''s worth.......

The burning question seems to be whether or not they are Ipswich supporters ? I don''t think they are..........

Both are acknowledged to be prolific posters. In Smudger''s case he''s managed to post no less than SIX TIMES A DAY since joining and Cluck somehow has managed to beat that with just under eight a day. OK, virtually all of their post''s reflect a consistent, if depressingly negative view of football supporting life, but I find it hard to believe that even the staunchest Blues fan would have the time or inclination to be blasting away on here morning, noon and night just to have a dig at Canary fans........ If that is the case then I take my hat off to them for their perseverance !!

It has been mentioned on here that Smudger and Cluck may well be one and the same person. Again I think unlikely, although they apparently both joined the board within eight days of each other last season. Both do write in a similar '' I''m old enough for a Saga holiday '' style but Smudger claims to be much younger, a claim borne out if his flurry of correspondence on the subject of womens football is any guide. Secondly, it would be a remarkable feat indeed if one person alone were to blitz this board with an average of almost fourteen anti-Club posts a day whilst writing as two separate entities. ( Smudger/Cluck.- If you are the same person then whatever it is you have you need to bottle it....you''ll make a fortune ! )

Of course it is possible to hoodwink everyone by coming across as a ranter and raver on message boards but totally the opposite in real life. I know one such Norwich fan who manages it quite successfully. I think Smudger and Cluck do have a genuine concern for the well-being of Norwich City Football Club and are as frustrated as we all are at the seeming lack of progress seen when the joy of gaining promotion to the Premiership in 2004 resulted in bitter recriminations thereafter.

But one of the problems with having a seemingly permanent negative attitude towards the Club means that every change of playing personnel is subjected to the most intense scrutiny in the expectation, and perhaps hope, that, unless this player or that player is the '' Holy Grail '' to the '' Promised Land, '' then the doubter can triumphantly crow, " Yes, I was right all along ".But when the good times do roll again - which they inevitably will at some stage - how do you then react ? Do you eat '' humble pie '' and admit that you might - just - have been a tad too pessimistic ? Or do you just disappear without trace until the next downturn when you feel more comfortable and able to resurface again ?

Being over-optimistic can be almost as bad. When people can only see things through tinted glasses  '' PR '' at all clubs breathe a huge sigh of relief. Ideally we need a nicely balanced view, not always critical of the Club but not star-struck either.......... Very difficult to achieve I''m afraid to say.

My own view is that Smudger and Cluck do care about NCFC but are finding themselves being more and more '' painted into a corner '' as the pantomime villain '' stars '' of this message board by being almost 100% downbeat about the Club and it''s prospects..

This post is not meant to be a ''dig '' at either Smudger or Cluck. I can understand, but don''t fully agree with, your views on the current state of the Club but  I would be interested to hear from you as to how you both felt  about Club matters when things were going well.....

Anyone care to respond ?

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]You all have your rights to suggest Smudge is a binner or the likes of Cluck or myself for making comments like this and although i would find it hard to slag the team or individual players or playing staff i do feel that posts like this are born out of frustration and are just a reflection on his/our stance of how he/we feel the club is going. [/quote]

Ooo ooo ooo, can I join your gang ... can I ... can I?

I want to be just like you three - I want to make a name for myself on this message board, I want everyone to know who I am ... can I be like a celebrity too?

Here goes ... "God what a joke this football club is, managed poorly from the board room to the bench - players who are a waste of time and don''t care too. It''s not like the good old days is it? If we don''t score at least ten against Barnet and hammer Southampton I am going to unleash a protest and all you suckers who actually go to matches and endorse this farce will end up eventually admitting to me that I was right all along".

How that? Am I in the gang now ... will I be remembered? Will I ... will I???

Get over yourselves and cheer up.

[/quote]

Yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]You all have your rights to suggest Smudge is a binner or the likes of Cluck or myself for making comments like this and although i would find it hard to slag the team or individual players or playing staff i do feel that posts like this are born out of frustration and are just a reflection on his/our stance of how he/we feel the club is going. In my eyes that makes him a  VERY BIG supporter and one who should be applauded for standing up and telling it how it is. Imo im being very realistic when i say our current squad is average for the league we are in i just hope Granty can change these average players into a unit all playing for each other and who knows? I dont think you have to be a team full of house hold names to get out of this one but you do need that little something.[/quote]

Hi Arthur,

Explain the massive grin at the end of his post that started this thread?. Does that look like someone frustrated? I didn''t think so. That smiley told more to me, and other posters, than any words typed. You''ve admitted you would find it hard slagging the team or staff off....and that''s the DIFFERENCE between yourself and Smudger. He''s already taken great pleasure in writing off the (new) players before he''s even seen them play...A very strange attitude, and quite frankly a not very believable one towards the so called club he loves. Also on another thread you state we''re bullying Smudger...I have no problem bullying a bully. Sorry.

Now towards the new season, I hope we do well (apologies for the optimism).

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]You all have your rights to suggest Smudge is a binner or the likes of Cluck or myself for making comments like this and although i would find it hard to slag the team or individual players or playing staff i do feel that posts like this are born out of frustration and are just a reflection on his/our stance of how he/we feel the club is going. [/quote]

I want to be just like you three - I want to make a name for myself on this message board, I want everyone to know who I am ... can I be like a celebrity too?

Here goes ... "God what a joke this football club is, managed poorly from the board room to the bench - players who are a waste of time and don''t care too. It''s not like the good old days is it? If we don''t score at least ten against Barnet and hammer Southampton I am going to unleash a protest and all you suckers who actually go to matches and endorse this farce will end up eventually admitting to me that I was right all along".

[/quote]

For heavens sake...how old are you?

It''s clowns like you that make it worth hanging around on here, because quite frankly you couldn''t make it up if you tried....apart from you that is anyway........

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

[/quote]

For heavens sake...how old are you?

It''s clowns like you that make it worth hanging around on here, because quite frankly you couldn''t make it up if you tried....apart from you that is anyway........

[/quote]

Oh steady on, you''ve hurt my feelings now. I didn''t mean to touch a raw nerve.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

[/quote]

Yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

[/quote]

Come on Whittle you need to be a little more original than that if you want to make a name for yourself ... at least Cluck accused me of being a clown.

And yet another thread descends into nothing to do with football whatsoever. And people wonder why we lock threads...