Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Reality Check

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"][quote user="Cluck "]

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]Cluck - it''s good to see your return to form from earlier on last season.  For a while there you almost seemed to disappear up your own backside![/quote]

A bit harsh eh Temp?....Because everyone else on here was at it I just wanted to find what it was like for myself......and strangely enough it resembled Stowmarket.....

Quite worrying.....but explains much......

[/quote]

Stowmarket?  I''ve been to worse places - but not many!  Sorry if that was a bit harsh, I forgot to add the smiley!

[/quote]

Temp....be as harsh as you like mate....I invite insult purely to give others a chuckle...and have never to this day complained about it to the mods....no...not even when I was flatteringly likened to Gary Glitter!! Cluck is merely a "cartoon" character cruelly put on this earth to annoy...and is a million miles away from me in real life I promise you.

Oh....and if you deliberately don''t add a smiley, no-one knows how to take it...so it''s cue battle stations! Works like a charm every time.....[Y].....even on you!     [:)]

The words balanced and quality, you not talking about this city team are you!This is the weakest team that i can remember going into a new season, all the top players sold apart from hux.We have replaced with cheap and poor players, sure we have made numerous signings this summer but i am looking for quality not quantity. This is going to be a long long long season ahead.

[quote user="Spacebadger"][quote user="Smudger"]

Reality check???

Yes you and many others on here clearly still need one don''t you KEELAN???

Lets see a healthy dose of reality this Saturday at Preston and the following Saturday at home to Southampton.... two defeats at the start of the season should get us off to a real flyer shouldn''t it????

[/quote]please just go away[/quote]A really cracking post and the points you make to back up you claims are amazing !!!!!!

Smudger wrote

we were going to be miles off the promotion pace after only 3 games the season after relegation

Hey Mystic Smudge what are the lottery numbers gonna be this Saturday ??

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]Yep, Smudger, in doing your Mystic Meg impression you seem to have conveniently forgotten that you were certain we were going to be relegated last season, which makes your supernatural powers of judgement look a little suspect doesn''t it.[/quote]

oh dear, dear me MACCY D and HAIRY what are you on???

Can you really not see that when I stated that I was using my own spin as those in corridors of power at Carrow Road use to pull the wool over many of the easily led yokels eyes???

At the start of the season prior to posting on here I said that we would struggle and struggle we did.

How many of you would of fell under the SMUDGER SPELL if we had lost at Luton and that crushing blow was followed up with defeat at Barnsley last March I wonder???

Delia & Co know that they got out of jail that night at Luton but have done nothing whatsoever to im prove things during the summer....  Yet again their failure during the last couple of years that has still not been addressed will come back to bite them in the @rse big style a few months from now.

This season there will be no hiding place for them.... because I believe that the vast majority of NCFC''s fans have run out of patience.

[/quote]How convenient for you Smudger... how very convenient, when your predictions of doom and gloom fail to hold water in any quantity you manage to mask it with ''your own spin''. convenient and i must say i admire your imagination but would be very interested in knowing how long it took you to come up with that since the end of the season. Equally convenient i''d say is what you supposedly said prior to posting here we can''t go back and quote you for it. shame, i''m sure you would of been predicting relegation.The smudger spell? is that the medical term for your kind of verbal excretion? and in answer, probably not alot, we would have kept faith and survived.Next up the whole not doing anything over the summer, newsflash mate, we can''t attract  Ronaldinhio, can''t compete with Manchester United for Anderson and Nani and don''t have 60 million euros to spend on Kaka. What we did have money for though is 7/8 players of good championship quality and in some cases premiership and international quality. what did you want to be done during the summer? ask Earnie and Etuhu nicely if they would forget their get out clauses? Again, i admire your imagination.and as for your final line, well... what you believe is excentric, untrue and laughable, why would your belief on Norwich fans bein fed up be any different? a new wave of Life has swept into Colney and CR. either embrace it Smudge or get lost as there is no longer a place in the Norwich fan base for your outdated ideas and opinions which belong soley in the world of cinderealla and rapunzel.OTBC.

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Temp the Revelator"][quote user="Cluck "]

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]Cluck - it''s good to see your return to form from earlier on last season.  For a while there you almost seemed to disappear up your own backside![/quote]

A bit harsh eh Temp?....Because everyone else on here was at it I just wanted to find what it was like for myself......and strangely enough it resembled Stowmarket.....

[/quote]

Stowmarket?  I''ve been to worse places - but not many!  Sorry if that was a bit harsh, I forgot to add the smiley!

[/quote]

Temp....be as harsh as you like mate....I invite insult purely to give others a chuckle...and have never to this day complained about it to the mods....no...not even when I was flatteringly likened to Gary Glitter!! Cluck is merely a "cartoon" character cruelly put on this earth to annoy...and is a million miles away from me in real life I promise you.

Oh....and if you deliberately don''t add a smiley, no-one knows how to take it...so it''s cue battle stations! Works like a charm every time.....[Y].....even on you!     [:)

[/quote]

So in actual fact, the "cartoon" character purely put on this earth to annoy has the subtlety of Gary Glitter and not you personally. It''s taken you quite a while to work your way around that one. Did it hurt? All that inner searching?

Yes, it certainly has in the past!  Anyway, I have come to enjoy your posts again now - I dare say you will wind me up again at some point in the future, but there we go.  Some people are just TOO serious!

Cluck, do you actually support the canaries? Becuase when ever I see a post by you it is always being negative about the club, how we are going to do rubbish and how we are all naive for hoping and thinking our team might do well this season (which most footy fans always hope of their club). Why don''t you try actually supporting the team for once rather than puting a negative spin spin on everything. And please stop falling back to your "the board is rubbish, i would if the club supported the players more, more action is needed on the pitch ....etc" because to be honest it is boring, annoying and not how a real fan would see his club.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Temp the Revelator"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh....and if you deliberately don''t add a smiley, no-one knows how to take it...so it''s cue battle stations! Works like a charm every time.....[Y].....even on you!     [:)

[/quote]

So in actual fact, the "cartoon" character purely put on this earth to annoy has the subtlety of Gary Glitter and not you personally. It''s taken you quite a while to work your way around that one. Did it hurt? All that inner searching?

[/quote]

To you, silly boy....if you aren''t capable of seeing through many of the outrageous statements I''ve made on here.... you have a very tough life ahead of you. There is no smoke without fire of course...but it would need to scorch your arse before you saw anything coming.

Get a grip...and stop treating NCFC as your "special little friend". It''s just a business like any other and is out to get your cash....not your affection. Next time you''ve got no money or are down on your luck I suggest you ask your "best friend" to let you in for free....but then we know the answer to that already don''t we?

[quote user="Fellas"]Cluck, do you actually support the canaries? Becuase when ever I see a post by you it is always being negative about the club, how we are going to do rubbish and how we are all naive for hoping and thinking our team might do well this season (which most footy fans always hope of their club).

Why don''t you try actually supporting the team for once rather than puting a negative spin spin on everything. And please stop falling back to your "the board is rubbish, i would if the club supported the players more, more action is needed on the pitch ....etc" because to be honest it is boring, annoying and not how a real fan would see his club.
[/quote]

If I''d just started supporting the club two weeks ago I might well share your naive "fantasy" about roses growing on rubbish dumps....but 45 years on reality over-rides dreams.

Give you a few more years and you''ll know where I''m coming from....but until then stick to the polls page or avoid reading what I have to say....because I''ve seen far too many false dawns like this one over the years. The Board are inept....the manager tactically void.....and the players journeymen picked up for peanuts. What realistic grounds are there for great optimism?

You support the club your way...and I''ll do it my way. I''d say that my way might just bring about change for the better despite any short term turmoil....whereas your way simply settles for more of the same....stagnation at best....spiralling decline at worst.

I''d just like to say that I am fairly optimistic about this season, although I do think we may take a few games to get into a settled rhythm.  Grant has instilled a sense of discipline about the place & players should know where they stand by now, obviously he is still relatively untried as a manager & had to pick up the pieces of a dreadful season, but he has his own players in now & I think he has done well in the transfer market to bring those players in.

Let''s get behind the team & manager instead of sniping at each other on here.  Roll on 3pm when life begins again.....

[quote user="Cluck "]

[quote user="Fellas"]Cluck, do you actually support the canaries? Becuase when ever I see a post by you it is always being negative about the club, how we are going to do rubbish and how we are all naive for hoping and thinking our team might do well this season (which most footy fans always hope of their club). Why don''t you try actually supporting the team for once rather than puting a negative spin spin on everything. And please stop falling back to your "the board is rubbish, i would if the club supported the players more, more action is needed on the pitch ....etc" because to be honest it is boring, annoying and not how a real fan would see his club.[/quote]

If I''d just started supporting the club two weeks ago I might well share your naive "fantasy" about roses growing on rubbish dumps....but 45 years on reality over-rides dreams.

Give you a few more years and you''ll know where I''m coming from....but until then stick to the polls page or avoid reading what I have to say....because I''ve seen far too many false dawns like this one over the years. The Board are inept....the manager tactically void.....and the players journeymen picked up for peanuts. What realistic grounds are there for great optimism?

You support the club your way...and I''ll do it my way. I''d say that my way might just bring about change for the better despite any short term turmoil....whereas your way simply settles for more of the same....stagnation at best....spiralling decline at worst.

[/quote]

But do you want the club to do well this year? or would you rather be proved correct? I want us to do as well as we possibly can and the way you start about doing that is by thinking positively. If Grant was to go around saying "well I hope we stay in this league this year by the skin of our teeth" then it doesn''t look good. I don''t particulary think that we are gonna win the league every year, but i do hope for it. Doesn''t mean im naive it just means im hoping for the best this season. You ask for what grounds can we be positive, well, looking at it in perspective compared to last year;1. No worthington, and to be honest i never liked him and any manager is an improvement upon him.2. Grant has his own squad that he has picked himself and no rag tag jarrett, hughes etc. who he doesn''t want at the club3. We have time and money to spend to get extra players in if so required4. The players we have brought in are a statement of intent, even though people are upset at cureton and russell as being a step back, they are proven championship performers which I think people can agree are needed at this level.You may not feel my opinions worthy of yours, and perhaps they are not after all you have been "supporting" the club 45 years whereas i have been supporting the club a little over 10 years. Mind you when I first started to go was when we were fighting to stay up in the premiership and then had many years of watching us lull aorund in the bottom half of the div 1 for the next 6 years. I do not want things to return back to that state, and i don''t think they will this season but under worthy we were sinking back down to that level and worse.I was a WO and i have wanted players like hughes to go as they are a joke to the club that once has so many great players which I was so unfortunate to miss.

[quote user="Polar1990"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]Yep, Smudger, in doing your Mystic Meg impression you seem to have conveniently forgotten that you were certain we were going to be relegated last season, which makes your supernatural powers of judgement look a little suspect doesn''t it.[/quote]

Can you really not see that when I stated that I was using my own spin as those in corridors of power at Carrow Road use to pull the wool over many of the easily led yokels eyes???

At the start of the season prior to posting on here I said that we would struggle and struggle we did.

How many of you would of fell under the SMUDGER SPELL if we had lost at Luton and that crushing blow was followed up with defeat at Barnsley last March I wonder???

Delia & Co know that they got out of jail that night at Luton but have done nothing whatsoever to im prove things during the summer....  Yet again their failure during the last couple of years that has still not been addressed will come back to bite them in the @rse big style a few months from now.

This season there will be no hiding place for them.... because I believe that the vast majority of NCFC''s fans have run out of patience.

[/quote]

How convenient for you Smudger... how very convenient, when your predictions of doom and gloom fail to hold water in any quantity you manage to mask it with ''your own spin''. convenient and i must say i admire your imagination but would be very interested in knowing how long it took you to come up with that since the end of the season. Equally convenient i''d say is what you supposedly said prior to posting here we can''t go back and quote you for it. shame, i''m sure you would of been predicting relegation.

The smudger spell? is that the medical term for your kind of verbal excretion? and in answer, probably not alot, we would have kept faith and survived.

Next up the whole not doing anything over the summer, newsflash mate, we can''t attract  Ronaldinhio, can''t compete with Manchester United for Anderson and Nani and don''t have 60 million euros to spend on Kaka. What we did have money for though is 7/8 players of good championship quality and in some cases premiership and international quality. what did you want to be done during the summer? ask Earnie and Etuhu nicely if they would forget their get out clauses? Again, i admire your imagination.

and as for your final line, well... what you believe is excentric, untrue and laughable, why would your belief on Norwich fans bein fed up be any different? a new wave of Life has swept into Colney and CR. either embrace it Smudge or get lost as there is no longer a place in the Norwich fan base for your outdated ideas and opinions which belong soley in the world of cinderealla and rapunzel.

OTBC.
[/quote]

Well apart from the Summer transfer activity which I believe even made my defeatist theories look slightly wide of the mark it was that BAD.

You may also look at my other theory of saying that this season is OVER BEFORE IT HAS EVEN BEGUN  pretty soon an say that I was correct there also POLAR.

As for my RELEGATION THEORY that so many of the apologists keep harking back to...  (A) You clearly are devoid of seeing spin (both by the club itself and other forum posters)... and (B)  Your side of the arguement does not really hold water anyhow when so many of you were still claiming that we had a chance of finishing in the play-offs at the end of last year.... what a joke that was hey???

Now tell me again POLAR did we end up closer to the relegation zone than we did to the play-off''s last season????

I THANK YOU!!!!

Next!  [:D]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Polar1990"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]How convenient for you Smudger... how very convenient, when your predictions of doom and gloom fail to hold water in any quantity you manage to mask it with ''your own spin''. convenient and i must say i admire your imagination but would be very interested in knowing how long it took you to come up with that since the end of the season. Equally convenient i''d say is what you supposedly said prior to posting here we can''t go back and quote you for it. shame, i''m sure you would of been predicting relegation.The smudger spell? is that the medical term for your kind of verbal excretion? and in answer, probably not alot, we would have kept faith and survived.Next up the whole not doing anything over the summer, newsflash mate, we can''t attract  Ronaldinhio, can''t compete with Manchester United for Anderson and Nani and don''t have 60 million euros to spend on Kaka. What we did have money for though is 7/8 players of good championship quality and in some cases premiership and international quality. what did you want to be done during the summer? ask Earnie and Etuhu nicely if they would forget their get out clauses? Again, i admire your imagination.and as for your final line, well... what you believe is excentric, untrue and laughable, why would your belief on Norwich fans bein fed up be any different? a new wave of Life has swept into Colney and CR. either embrace it Smudge or get lost as there is no longer a place in the Norwich fan base for your outdated ideas and opinions which belong soley in the world of cinderealla and rapunzel.OTBC.[/quote]

Well apart from the Summer transfer activity which I believe even made my defeatist theories look slightly wide of the mark it was that BAD.

You may also look at my other theory of saying that this season is OVER BEFORE IT HAS EVEN BEGUN  pretty soon an say that I was correct there also POLAR.

As for my RELEGATION THEORY that so many of the apologists keep harking back to...  (A) You clearly are devoid of seeing spin (both by the club itself and other forum posters)... and (B)  Your side of the arguement does not really hold water anyhow when so many of you were still claiming that we had a chance of finishing in the play-offs at the end of last year.... what a joke that was hey???

Now tell me again POLAR did we end up closer to the relegation zone than we did to the play-off''s last season????

I THANK YOU!!!!

Next!  [:D]

[/quote]true, we finished closer to the drop zone than the playoffs by about 3-4 points. not much of a difference, so infact we were in the middle rather than in the bottom. And true, there was always a chance of us finishing in the playoff positions but only a chance, it wasn''t definite unlike your doom and gloom of relegation which you guaranteed would happen. so yes, our theories of optimism and hope for the new season hold far more water than your own petty drivel which you constantly churn out.as i said in my previous post a new wave is riding into Norwich and carrow road, the past is the past. last season will have no bearing on this season so where we finished last time out is not relevant.As for your spin and the clubs, since when do two wrongs make a right? are you admitting that you have over exagerated events in the hope of manipulating others into seeing your views as common sense rather than excentric? if not please, clarify

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="Cluck "]

[quote user="Fellas"]Cluck, do you actually support the canaries? Becuase when ever I see a post by you it is always being negative about the club, how we are going to do rubbish and how we are all naive for hoping and thinking our team might do well this season (which most footy fans always hope of their club).

Why don''t you try actually supporting the team for once rather than puting a negative spin spin on everything. And please stop falling back to your "the board is rubbish, i would if the club supported the players more, more action is needed on the pitch ....etc" because to be honest it is boring, annoying and not how a real fan would see his club.
[/quote]

[/quote]

But do you want the club to do well this year? or would you rather be proved correct? I want us to do as well as we possibly can and the way you start about doing that is by thinking positively. If Grant was to go around saying "well I hope we stay in this league this year by the skin of our teeth" then it doesn''t look good.

I don''t particulary think that we are gonna win the league every year, but i do hope for it. Doesn''t mean im naive it just means im hoping for the best this season.

You ask for what grounds can we be positive, well, looking at it in perspective compared to last year;

1. No worthington, and to be honest i never liked him and any manager is an improvement upon him.
2. Grant has his own squad that he has picked himself and no rag tag jarrett, hughes etc. who he doesn''t want at the club
3. We have time and money to spend to get extra players in if so required
4. The players we have brought in are a statement of intent, even though people are upset at cureton and russell as being a step back, they are proven championship performers which I think people can agree are needed at this level.

You may not feel my opinions worthy of yours, and perhaps they are not after all you have been "supporting" the club 45 years whereas i have been supporting the club a little over 10 years. Mind you when I first started to go was when we were fighting to stay up in the premiership and then had many years of watching us lull aorund in the bottom half of the div 1 for the next 6 years. I do not want things to return back to that state, and i don''t think they will this season but under worthy we were sinking back down to that level and worse.

I was a WO and i have wanted players like hughes to go as they are a joke to the club that once has so many great players which I was so unfortunate to miss.

[/quote]

Fellas...of course I want our boys to do well this season and it would give me great pleasure to have my "negative" rumblings firmly shoved down my throat by all concerned...because that would mean the club was back on track again. It has nothing to do with being right or wrong...but has everything to do with stopping the slide into obscurity which I still feel is on the cards under the present Board. As I''ve said all along...I love my club...but not those who are intent on ruining it. They are entirely different things.

It was a tough choice throwing in my tickets, when the easy route would have been to carry on the habit. Either way a year off won''t do me any harm....and being a radio fan isn''t so bad....infact I quite enjoyed it. It will certainly be a lot warmer come winter that''s for sure.

So in a word....yes I do support the club just as I have done since I was nine....but the older you get the more insightful you become based purely on what has gone before. That isn''t a deliberate thing...it just happens...and explains why we all become grumpy old men in due course whether we like it or not!

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Temp the Revelator"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

To you, silly boy....if you aren''t capable of seeing through many of the outrageous statements I''ve made on here.... you have a very tough life ahead of you. There is no smoke without fire of course...but it would need to scorch your arse before you saw anything coming.

Get a grip...and stop treating NCFC as your "special little friend". It''s just a business like any other and is out to get your cash....not your affection. Next time you''ve got no money or are down on your luck I suggest you ask your "best friend" to let you in for free....but then we know the answer to that already don''t we?

[/quote]

And so in time honoured style, you miss the point once more. I am most capable of seeing through all that is silly with you, silly boy. The point is that it has taken you some time to hold your hands up as a tourist.

And with regard to your comment about treating NCFC as a business, well I am a Business Analyst and have had numerous altercations with Doncaster on the business side of my club. So don''t think for one second I mix my clubs business dealings with your outragous mumblings. If you truely understood that this was a business like any other, then you would understand the complexity behind it''s dealings. It astounds me that you are a business man with this little knowledge. That is of course if you are a business man at all. Pehaps the real Cluck could step forward and prove himself by talking the talk, rather than this cherade that you now admid to.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Temp the Revelator"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And so in time honoured style, you miss the point once more. I am most capable of seeing through all that is silly with you, silly boy. The point is that it has taken you some time to hold your hands up as a tourist.

And with regard to your comment about treating NCFC as a business, well I am a Business Analyst and have had numerous altercations with Doncaster on the business side of my club. So don''t think for one second I mix my clubs business dealings with your outragous mumblings. If you truely understood that this was a business like any other, then you would understand the complexity behind it''s dealings. It astounds me that you are a business man with this little knowledge. That is of course if you are a business man at all. Pehaps the real Cluck could step forward and prove himself by talking the talk, rather than this cherade that you now admid to.

[/quote]

May I point out that a "business analyst" (even a successful one) is a very different animal to someone at the sharp end...you know..those who actually take the risks and stand to lose everything when things go tits up? Stick to your bits of paper and silly graphs, because your knowledge of real life business is as vague and theoretical as your text book logic. Once again the "virtual" tries to lecture the "real"...and looks very silly in doing so....

NEXT.......

[quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Temp the Revelator"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You''re a ''Business Analcyst!''..........Does that mean you''re a pain in the corporate ar*e?.......[:|]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Temp the Revelator"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You''re a ''Business Analcyst!''..........Does that mean you''re a pain in the corporate ar*e?.......[:|]

[/quote]

Is that seriously the best you can offer this thread?

I''m afraid that if Mello decides to take pop at you, you will have overstepped the boundaries of egotistical acceptability....his perception of such overt "anality" being sharper than Sweeney Todd''s razor.........

You''ve been duly "bilged"...........

It''s all very lovey watching you back slap your mate whilst skirting around the questions but is there any possibility that you might at some point address the question? It''s increasingly disturbing that you don''t get what''s being said by the nature of your replies. These are just the basics. How would you cope if we drilled a little deeper?

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

It''s all very lovey watching you back slap your mate whilst skirting around the questions but is there any possibility that you might at some point address the question? It''s increasingly disturbing that you don''t get what''s being said by the nature of your replies. These are just the basics. How would you cope if we drilled a little deeper?

[/quote]

You''ve had a perfectly reasonable reply to your questions....the insulting element being especially appreciated.  However...I''m afraid I can''t lower the discussion of my business experience to playground level....so I''ll have to pass on this one....I will however try to catch Blue Peter later on this afternoon so we can have something to talk about which you may understand.....

As for Mello being my "mate"?......Mello has no "mates" on here the same as me....but as you have discoved he is armed with a serious quality bulls**t detector....and knows exactly when to use it.......

So you won''t get into the nitty gritty. I wonder why mmmmmmmmmm.

The pretending that you would lower your ''Business experience'' to playground level is the best bit though. What business experience? You have not shown the slightest sign you have any. This is of course what I suspect leads you to not respond with any form. I suspect you will be watching Blue Peter this afternoon, what without having anything else to with your weekdays.

As for your mate, all I discovered is that he likes taking threads off topic by rearranging a few words. If that''s quality, then you are easily pleased. Enjoy your daytime TV.

A prime example of postings on a particular subject gets totally turned around to a discussion not even vaguely relating to the original posting - a reality check posting about City gets turned round into a slagging match about business atributes and who is a businessman and who is not and what a business anaylst does - no wonder the posters on here are going down  

You are 100 % correct Bomber, when all I wanted all along was a more specific discussion.

Perhaps the Mods should wrap this one up now, I''m not going to get an answer that doesn''t come with insults so there seems very little point.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

You are 100 % correct Bomber, when all I wanted all along was a more specific discussion.

Perhaps the Mods should wrap this one up now, I''m not going to get an answer that doesn''t come with insults so there seems very little point.

[/quote]

Ok, if you incyst........[<:o)]