Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Reality Check

Whilst I agree that pundits really dont have a clue and that I am looking through yellow and green specs I really do feel it neccesary to make a couple of points.

Firstly our Central midfield was woweful last season Dixon started to get better towards the end but there wasonly one way to go. Safri was great on his day (although I seem to recall that day was around the 15th of November) Good Riddance it could only get better.

Yes Earnshaw was our best player but we could not afford to keep him plus he was injured for a third of the season.

We now have a much better balanced squad with some Quality players brought in that want to play for the club, I for one would be very dissapointed if we didn''t finish top 10 and really do think we can at least make the playoffs.

None of the squads put together we are up against this season scare me, there is no pressure because the pundits dont rate us just like last time we won this league, and as for Safri , Earnshaw and Etuhu I think that they will all be in the chanpionship next year.

Roll on saturday, and lets be positive for a while !

OTBC

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]

Whilst I agree that pundits really dont have a clue and that I am looking through yellow and green specs I really do feel it neccesary to make a couple of points.

Firstly our Central midfield was woweful last season Dixon started to get better towards the end but there wasonly one way to go. Safri was great on his day (although I seem to recall that day was around the 15th of November) Good Riddance it could only get better.

Yes Earnshaw was our best player but we could not afford to keep him plus he was injured for a third of the season.

We now have a much better balanced squad with some Quality players brought in that want to play for the club, I for one would be very dissapointed if we didn''t finish top 10 and really do think we can at least make the playoffs.

None of the squads put together we are up against this season scare me, there is no pressure because the pundits dont rate us just like last time we won this league, and as for Safri , Earnshaw and Etuhu I think that they will all be in the chanpionship next year.

Roll on saturday, and lets be positive for a while !

OTBC

[/quote]Give it ten games thats when the reality kicks in. If we have replaced a 20+ goal a season player with a donkey or the new Roony. Lets just wait and see?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

Reality check???

Yes you and many others on here clearly still need one don''t you KEELAN???

Lets see a healthy dose of reality this Saturday at Preston and the following Saturday at home to Southampton.... two defeats at the start of the season should get us off to a real flyer shouldn''t it????

[quote user="Smudger"]

Reality check???

Lets see a healthy dose of reality this Saturday at Preston and the following Saturday at home to Southampton.... two defeats at the start of the season should get us off to a real flyer shouldn''t it????

[/quote]

Is this really what you want, just to continue your vendetta against all things NCFC?

[quote user="Smudger"]

Reality check???

[/quote]

You wish !!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

Reality check???

[/quote]

Is there any aspect of the coming season that your feeling positive about? for me it''s a mixed bag i was dissapointed to see three of our best players leave and us not spend all the income generated on new players (still time yet though) but on the other hand i''m very pleased with who grant has brought in.

It''s just from the tone of your post it almost sounds like you want us to loose, no matter how sh*t we''re playing  i always expect or at least hope for a positive result.

The reality is that not ONE team in the Championship is confident of doing well.  There may be pundits and fans alike that believe the three that came down will go up, but you can bet your bottom dollar that none of the managers or chairmen are.

We have seen before that a poor squad with a run of results (most notably city) but a great spirit and belief can get promoted.  There is absolutely no reason why this cant happen to Norwich this year or any other team.  I think though that what we have this year different to last under Grant is players that know that if they dont perform they will be out.  In fact, all of the people involved with city this year right through to the Academy knows this.  Under the last excuse for a gaffer there was the comfort zone.

Sunderland proved last year that the opening results count for nothing (Smudge!) as long as you learn from it and put in the effort.  OK so city may not win their first games, but in that statement are you saying that Preston and Southampton are really sharp, well organised outfits?  I think that we should wait and see.  If the results go against us because we were dire then yes I will be moaning, but if they go against us after giving a good account, then no, I wont.

The season is a long haul, and our new lads will have to gel and Grant will need to sort out his tactical decisions, but I dont care, I am just glad that Nigel isnt still in charge and to me that is one reason to be optimistic already!

[quote user="Smudger"]

Reality check???

[/quote]

Kind of agree with you here Smudger although maybe not as strongly.

The reality check is this, we dont know how these players will do.  We do not if they are better or worse than what we had.  The reality is that until 10 games into the season it is unfair to judge.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Reality check???

[/quote]please just go away

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

That''s the spirit! [:D] Would you change your mind if we one both of them then? It cuts both ways you know. Would that then count as a ''reality check'' or a blip that was getting people''s hopes up unrealistically? I wonder!

[quote user="Buzzzzz"]

Sunderland proved last year that the opening results count for nothing (Smudge!) as long as you learn from it and put in the effort. 

[/quote]

Not true, Keane realised the current players werent good enough, and their board backed the purchase of many shrewd investments and decent players.  Along with offloading some of the failures.

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Smudger"]

Reality check???

[/quote]

The reality check is this, we dont know how these players will do.  We do not if they are better or worse than what we had.  The reality is that until 10 games into the season it is unfair to judge.

[/quote]

I believe that I can judge how the season will pan out much sooner than ten games SAINT but I guess there is always the possibility that something drastic may be pulled out of the bag until deep in to September (et la the signing of Hucks, Crouch and Harper on loan during the promotion season).

I judged that we were going to be miles off the promotion pace after only 3 games the season after relegation and I judged that we would also be closer to the relegation trap door than promotion or the play-off''s before a ball had ben kicked in anger last season.

As for this season we have little chance of the drastic improvements required unless a couple of defenders and a decent striker are are added to what we already have at the very least (along with another midfielder possibly).

Remember anything less than a top 6 finish is yet another failure for the fourth successive year in my eyes.

The reality checks too often seen around CR these days are the "loose change" variety paid out by the club on average journeyman players......

The real reality check however will come to those still with their heads in the sand finding us struggling yet again this year...without Earnshaw''s goals to give them any false promise. The defence will be worse than ever....with no-one up front to compensate.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Smudger"]

Reality check???

[/quote]

[/quote]

I believe that I can judge how the season will pan out much sooner than ten games SAINT but I guess there is always the possibility that something drastic may be pulled out of the bag until deep in to September (et la the signing of Hucks, Crouch and Harper on loan during the promotion season).

I judged that we were going to be miles off the promotion pace after only 3 games the season after relegation and I judged that we would also be closer to the relegation trap door than promotion or the play-off''s before a ball had ben kicked in anger last season.

As for this season we have little chance of the drastic improvements required unless a couple of defenders and a decent striker are are added to what we already have at the very least (along with another midfielder possibly).

Remember anything less than a top 6 finish is yet another failure for the fourth successive year in my eyes.

[/quote]

The question hangs in the air over whether we are better placed now than last year and whether progress has been made. Last year the first six fixtures of this year (swapping Charlton for Birmingham) gave us 9 points which would in all likelyhood leave City in 11th place (3 wins, 3 defeats). Ironically Earnshaw did not score in any of these (so not much for Cureton to beat there) though Etuhu got 2. City scored a miserly 5 in total. Sicknote Safri missed half of the games. So progress would be 10 points (including anything at all from the first two), 6 goals, a striker scoring once, a positive goal difference

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Buzzzzz"]

Sunderland proved last year that the opening results count for nothing (Smudge!) as long as you learn from it and put in the effort. 

[/quote]

Not true, Keane realised the current players werent good enough, and their board backed the purchase of many shrewd investments and decent players.  Along with offloading some of the failures.

[/quote]

Not true...Keane wasn''t even the Manager for the opening games last season. Niall Quinn was .

[quote user="yellow blood"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Buzzzzz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not true...Keane wasn''t even the Manager for the opening games last season. Niall Quinn was .

[/quote]

I hadn''t even remembered that, but good point Niall Quinn was manager for a sizeable part of the season (when they were near relegation lol)

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Smudger"]

Reality check???

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry Smudger but thats not right is it!

Last season you judged after over 30 games that we were going to get relegated, and you were wrong. So your chances of predicting the season after just a handful of games (just like everyone else) are absolutely nil.

Yep, Smudger, in doing your Mystic Meg impression you seem to have conveniently forgotten that you were certain we were going to be relegated last season, which makes your supernatural powers of judgement look a little suspect doesn''t it.

[quote user="Cluck "]

The reality checks too often seen around CR these days are the "loose change" variety paid out by the club on average journeyman players......

The real reality check however will come to those still with their heads in the sand finding us struggling yet again this year...without Earnshaw''s goals to give them any false promise. The defence will be worse than ever....with no-one up front to compensate.

[/quote]How can the defence be worse than ever,we have a new right back so it must be stronger than last season,why don''t you read your tripe before you post it.It really wouldn''t hurt to be positive for once in your life,..............................Next..............(god it dosn''t take long for Next at the end of each post to become boring .....almost sheep like)

[quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]How can the defence be worse than ever,we have a new right back so it must be stronger than last season,why don''t you read your tripe before you post it.It really wouldn''t hurt to be positive for once in your life,..............................Next..............(god it dosn''t take long for Next at the end of each post to become boring .....almost sheep like)[/quote]

NEXT.........

Im sooooooooo glad you came along Lobsterscratcher.....as I was fast running out of victims to taunt.  You really have made an old (ish) man very happy you know.........XX [:$]

Please note I put the NEXT at the beginning this time to save you having to look for it.....I thought it might help.

[quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]How can the defence be worse than ever,we have a new right back so it must be stronger than last season,why don''t you read your tripe before you post it.It really wouldn''t hurt to be positive for once in your life,..............................Next..............(god it dosn''t take long for Next at the end of each post to become boring .....almost sheep like)[/quote]

Oh really! Well I happen to like it, which is why I chose it for my signature.

NEXT! with an exclamation mark is a superb & funny way to end a post - ''least it''s humourous to those who do actually possess a sense of humour.

Something you''re clearly lacking, stinky fingers.

Don''t rise to him, a fool can always ask more questions than a wise man can answer.

Our goals against figure last season wasn''t just about the defence, as any fool knows & Grant certainly does. Much of this stemed from the inability to defend further up the pitch and hold on to the ball when we had it. Earnshaw produced the goals no doubt about but with him and Hux in the team sometimes it was like playing 11 against 9 when we were under the cosh, and how many points were lost by not dealing with pressure. For that matter how much did Safri & Etuhu help in a crisis?

For my mind the team is 15-20 goals better off defensively with the new signings (Marshall alone will help this).

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="Cluck "]

NEXT! with an exclamation mark is a superb & funny way to end a post - ''least it''s humourous to those who do actually possess a sense of humour.

[/quote]I am sure i have a sense of humour somewhere''problem is it has become lost after reading the repeative tripe that the norwich city knockers keep churning up.I can''t see how any of you can call yourselves real supporters as all you are trying to do is unsettle everybody before a ball has been kicked.I have always wondered "how do you lot decide who gets to use the computer first or have you all got your own,cos i am sure you must all live under the same roof .What a sad sad family you are!

for once i can acctually find myself agreeing with smudger and cluck especially when cluck mentions how we wont have any body upfront to compensate by scoring goals i am not feeling to confident in our current strike force and are defence is looking worse than ever i am predicting a 2-1 loss at preston and a 2 nil loss at soton unless we do what smudger says and get in a couple of quality defenders and a striker today unlikely though

[quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]I am sure i have a sense of humour somewhere''problem is it has become lost after reading the repeative tripe that the norwich city knockers keep churning up.I can''t see how any of you can call yourselves real supporters as all you are trying to do is unsettle everybody before a ball has been kicked.I have always wondered "how do you lot decide who gets to use the computer first or have you all got your own,cos i am sure you must all live under the same roof .What a sad sad family you are![/quote]

Love the new avatar Blobstersnatcher.......I was going to do likewise but I couldn''t "Google" a crustacean image with small genitalia....so hey ho! However......did you know that the earliest fossilised "copulatory organ" belonged to a crustacean? So it wasn''t Casanova after all then.........

You really should try to lighten up a bit. Many of us throw stuff around on here and probably would even if we were top of the Premiership. Aside from the occasional interloper...as Arrdee says, we''re all NCFC fans on here otherwise we wouldn''t bother...nor be so passionate. It''s pure banter on my part at least....although of course there is no smoke without fire!

And the next to you see any "knockers" being churned up...send me an attachment please as I think I''ve reached that "funny" age.........[;)]

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]Yep, Smudger, in doing your Mystic Meg impression you seem to have conveniently forgotten that you were certain we were going to be relegated last season, which makes your supernatural powers of judgement look a little suspect doesn''t it.[/quote]

oh dear, dear me MACCY D and HAIRY what are you on???

Can you really not see that when I stated that I was using my own spin as those in corridors of power at Carrow Road use to pull the wool over many of the easily led yokels eyes???

At the start of the season prior to posting on here I said that we would struggle and struggle we did.

How many of you would of fell under the SMUDGER SPELL if we had lost at Luton and that crushing blow was followed up with defeat at Barnsley last March I wonder???

Delia & Co know that they got out of jail that night at Luton but have done nothing whatsoever to im prove things during the summer....  Yet again their failure during the last couple of years that has still not been addressed will come back to bite them in the @rse big style a few months from now.

This season there will be no hiding place for them.... because I believe that the vast majority of NCFC''s fans have run out of patience.

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]Cluck - it''s good to see your return to form from earlier on last season.  For a while there you almost seemed to disappear up your own backside![/quote]

A bit harsh eh Temp?....Because everyone else on here was at it I just wanted to find what it was like for myself......and strangely enough it resembled Stowmarket.....

Quite worrying.....but explains much......

[quote user="Cluck "]

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]Cluck - it''s good to see your return to form from earlier on last season.  For a while there you almost seemed to disappear up your own backside![/quote]

A bit harsh eh Temp?....Because everyone else on here was at it I just wanted to find what it was like for myself......and strangely enough it resembled Stowmarket.....

Quite worrying.....but explains much......

[/quote]

Stowmarket?  I''ve been to worse places - but not many!  Sorry if that was a bit harsh, I forgot to add the smiley!