Sign in to follow this  
James

Traning Ground Rule

I went to the training ground today hoping to watch some action, however Dave Carolin walked over and told us all to leave while we (they) do the set pieces, we didn''t really look a threatening bunch, myself  and a few pensioners, although it''s nice to see their taking it seriously!!! what do you thing???

Sounds quite sensible to me, James - provided Carolan did it politely. Set-pieces can be valuable weapons (though recently when Norwich have had set-pieces they''ve usually been weapons for the opposition!). Hopefully the coaches are getting serious about it now.

good choice by Carolan, he doesn''t know who''s  a scout and who isnt.. we need to keep our game plans secret after all

jas :)

[quote user="yellow blood"]In pre-season, Preston have conceded something like 10 goals from set-pieces...shame we are crap at them![/quote]hopefully we''ve done our homework - reviewed all of these 10 goals conceded, identified common themes/weaknesses and then planned the best way to exploit them!

[quote user="James "]I went to the training ground today hoping to watch some action, however Dave Carolin walked over and told us all to leave while we (they) do the set pieces, we didn''t really look a threatening bunch, myself  and a few pensioners, although it''s nice to see their taking it seriously!!! what do you thing???[/quote]

You should have told him that you were Detective Constable Coleslaw - investigating the recent barby-aric botulistic burger and suspicious sausage saga..........[^o)]

Having carried out various night-time assults with infa red goggles and bugged the colney centre I can revel our new corner routine!

If one arm rasied by corner taker he will pass it confortably to their goalkeeper, if two arms raised he will pass it to his nearest team member who will lose it. As you can see, the secret is that they have swapped the arm signals!!!!!!!

seriously thou, who do you think should take our corners/free kicks this season now safi gone?  Lappin if on pitch seems popular but how much will he play?

wolud of been good if we would have had a set piece e.g. a corner in that game. quite pleased wiht todays performance. lookign good when hucks is back to full fitness.

[quote user="Son Ova Gunn"]

Having carried out various night-time assults with infa red goggles and bugged the colney centre I can revel our new corner routine!

If one arm rasied by corner taker he will pass it confortably to their goalkeeper, if two arms raised he will pass it to his nearest team member who will lose it. As you can see, the secret is that they have swapped the arm signals!!!!!!!

seriously thou, who do you think should take our corners/free kicks this season now safi gone?  Lappin if on pitch seems popular but how much will he play?

[/quote]

You are quite wrong.  The corner I have seen them practice most is the one where the taker hoofs it low and meekly at the opposition defender standing on the near post.

The same person that should have taken our free kicks when Safri was here - someone else.Otsemobor(I think) was standing around the free kicks on saturday - maybe he fancies himself in the role?

To be honest I reckon thats pretty fair, I know there will be the usual few who moan and groan about it but at the end of the day we all want to win and if that means sacrificing the ability to go up to Colney and watch training then I personally think its a good thing.

Times have moved on and although its unfortunate only the most selfish of fans will upset by this.

PG is god .. and now he has decided that we the paying FANS can only watch our players in training on a monday and tuesday and ONLY if there is not a midweek game involved. I can''t believe this, in the season we became champions not so long ago, did we train behind closed doors ... no way.

Everywhere in europe you can see the players train, only not when they play for the Champions League or the UEFA Cup.

Maybe if a Barnet agent/scout/spy had been at Colney they would have won 5 - 6 ... oh my god what is happening to this family club.

Are we also excluded from the weekly BBQ''s at Colney ... we may find some evidence ... Mr. PG

Just play good football and don''t make such silly rules for your own FANS .... yellow and green FANS.

OTBC !

I think the article mentions information ''released'' before the Preston game (after the Coleslaw-gate incident)

I think the Club should also ban Archant''s Chris Lakey on a Thursday as his article must have tipped off Preston as much as any fan - especially the way he went round the car park and checked whose car was or wasn''t there.

----------------------------------------------------

By CHRIS LAKEY

Canaries boss Peter Grant is refusing to reveal the identities of players hit by the “Barbie-Gate” bug.

At least four senior players have been ruled out of the season opener at Preston tomorrow after being told to stay away from the club''s training centre this week after falling ill following a staff barbecue on Sunday.

Grant is concerned at the prospect of giving Preston some inside information and won''t say which of his players have been affected.

However, striker Jamie Cureton turned up at the Colney Training Centre yesterday, only to hurry away soon afterwards saying “I''ve been sent home” before getting into his car and driving away.

The presence of skipper Jason Shackell and Darel Russel for media duties at the regular weekly press conference means they''re available, while the car park yielded its own clues, with Dion Dublin, David Strihavka, Luke Chadwick, Julien Brellier, Lee Croft, Ryan Jarvis and goalkeepers David Marshall and Paul Gallacher all present and correct.

There were few other clues from Grant, although he did confirm that striker Chris Brown, who suffered a broken nose against Vitese Arnhem last Friday, should be fit to start at Deepdale.

---------------------------------------------

Who let the cat out of the bag again?

[quote user="YellowRoad"]

PG is god .. and now he has decided that we the paying FANS can only watch our players in training on a monday and tuesday and ONLY if there is not a midweek game involved. I can''t believe this, in the season we became champions not so long ago, did we train behind closed doors ... no way.

Everywhere in europe you can see the players train, only not when they play for the Champions League or the UEFA Cup.

Maybe if a Barnet agent/scout/spy had been at Colney they would have won 5 - 6 ... oh my god what is happening to this family club.

Are we also excluded from the weekly BBQ''s at Colney ... we may find some evidence ... Mr. PG

Just play good football and don''t make such silly rules for your own FANS .... yellow and green FANS.

OTBC !

[/quote]

I can see where you''re coming from, YR, but I have to agree with Peter Grant on this one.

As it is we''ve been finding it hard enough to win games in recent seasons so to give the opposition any insight into our tactics, formation or set-pieces is unwise.

I don''t live in Norwich but I have been to the training ground on several occasions over the years and been amazed how open it all was to all and sundry. I particularly remember dropping in at Colney during the final training session before the squad flew to Cardiff for the Play-Off Final and it struck me as odd that I was allowed to do so as they must have been '' fine tuning '' for the real action two days later.

Peter Grant has hinted that the Internet is one reason but, until now, there''s been nothing to stop anyone wandering into the training ground, noting what goes on and passing the information on to our opponents. The Internet did make it easier as people could spy on us from the comfort of their armchairs but nothing can beat personal observation and I''ll bet there''s been occasions when this has happened in the past.

The Club has said that some access will still be allowed at Colney, which is more than can be said for Man Utd at Carrington, so fans will still be able to see their favourites other than on match-days.

The right decision has been made.

Evidence that Peter Grant is starting to make us a more serious professional outfit than a family run/ sunday league/ liberal happy clapping "fun" club.

[quote user="ob1"]Evidence that Peter Grant is starting to make us a more serious professional outfit than a family run/ sunday league/ liberal happy clapping "fun" club.[/quote]

agreed ob1! id be happy if colney was closed to everyone as long as we were putting the effort in and getting the results.

jas :)

If the banning of normal fans from training sessions was only to keep tactics secrets and so on why is it if you are on a tour you can still go and watch all the secrets?? Looks like the normal double standards from the club.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="ob1"]Evidence that Peter Grant is starting to make us a more serious professional outfit than a family run/ sunday league/ liberal happy clapping "fun" club.[/quote]

I’ll second that but none the less I can well understand why some supporters feel aggrieved.

‘A liberal happy clapping fun club’ the perfect description and one that it is time to move on from.

[quote user="YellowRoad"]

OTBC !

[/quote]

To be fair, how would PG know who are the genuine fans and who are those ''snoopers'' working for other clubs?. Quite simply, he wouldn''t. And from that perspective it''s entirely understandable YellowRoad. However, I can understand the frustration from yourself and other genuine fans whom wish to see the lads training etc. You have to realise it''s in the clubs best interests :)

"................and now he has decided that we the paying FANS"You don''t pay for watching the players train, therefore you''ve no rights.Another one bleating about this has ''football must come first'' in capitals in his posts. Unfortunately when the manager decides to follow this line and stop the training sessions from being a freebie he''s criticised.Still, if you want to have a go at the club you''ve got to scrape round for whatever is available I suppose.

Sorrry to agree with you here.....but I totally support this move by Grant at least.  The players are at training to work hard on improving their game....not to impress a handful of onlookers. They can F and blind....and so can the coaches....thus behaving like men rather than glamour boys on show.

A shame for the kids....but such is life. Nice to see a bit of genuine steel emerging.

[quote user="Cluck "]

Sorrry to agree with you here.....but I totally support this move by Grant at least.  The players are at training to work hard on improving their game....not to impress a handful of onlookers. They can F and blind....and so can the coaches....thus behaving like men rather than glamour boys on show.

A shame for the kids....but such is life. Nice to see a bit of genuine steel emerging.

[/quote]Hats off to you cluck ,didn''t know you had it in you.More of the same please

if they dont want teams to know who is injured and whatever how come on the pinkun main page the second article is drury and breillier are doubts?

Spot on mate and thats exactly what i like about PG. Like everyone else he has his faults [not sure if i like his public outbursts of players] but i do love the way he''s started to turn the club into something with a bit more guts and steel. Long overdue but hey.....

Ps its a shame for the kids but im sure once or twice a week on the said days is plenty enough if you really wanted to see them,and in all honesty anyone who went all the time would be dear i say a little ''dull''?

[quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

Bloody hell, Cluck, I not only agree with you on this one but your new tag line has genuinely had me in stitches, lol!