Sign in to follow this  
Unlucky Fried Kitten

Will we make the play offs this season?

Because of a certain amount of pessimism in the air with the sale of some of our better players, I''m beginning to wonder whether our squad is good enough for a top six spot. The defence certainly doesn''t look too rock solid, and only time will tell if our midfield and forward line is good enough to mount a serious challenge at the top of the table. I have to say that with the loss of Earnie I do wonder where the goals will come from, although Cureton may prove to be a decent replacement. What do you all think?

Its possible,  but for me unlikely.

I think we will get enough goals;  but I cant see the midfield being strong enough to protect the defence sufficiently to cut down the number of goals conceeded enough. 

I have my doubts. If everything went right, i.e. Dave S quickly adjusts and all the new players gell, but above all we avoid serious injury, then we might make top six. The truble is that there are some good teams at the top this year, and while some might under-perform, there are enough with parachute and other money to fill the three promotion places.I have the utmost respect for PG, and his signings have been great, but given the financial constraints they are likely to be mostly good rather than outstanding Champsionship players. The possible exceptions are Marshall and Hux.I think that we shall surprise a few teams and be a vast improvement on last year, but trying to be honest I think that we have some more building to do before we can be confident of a play-off place.

The only teams that particularly stand out as better than us for me are Sheffield United, West Brom, Charlton. I would say we are then in a pack of 7 fighting for the other three playoff positions including; Norwich, Southampton, Preston, Sheffield Wednesday, Watford, Cardiff and Stoke. I would say on paper we are better than Preston, Sheff Weds and Stoke so only time will tell if its us or Cardiff in that final spot.. That is my prediction!

I''m off to watch the boys play Vitesse Arnhem in a liitle while and I''m hoping to leave Carrow Road later tonight with renewed optimism. Whatever happens it will be good to see what Le Juge is capable of and maybe have another opportunity to see Marshall pull off some more world-class saves.

Realistically, (and it''s only a personal opinion) I think we''ll just ''peak and trough'' our way through the season. I can''t see us having a decent away collection of points.........although a few surprise results, (a Cup upset?) against the more ''fancied'' teams, and maybe a win against the ''suffark skintoids'' - will satisfy and warm the tums of the "troo farns froo fick an'' fin." Sadly, we''ll be ''also rans'' - but happy in our work.......and the butts will be on the seats, and with the predictable pontificating condescending noises emitted from Carra meejah, will boost the gullible - and help quell the dissenter''s, as May 08, mid-table beckons.[:(]

"We did well, considering the lack of parachute pennies!"

"Eat at Delia''s, as food finances the foodball!".....

Short answer: Yes

Long answer: Yeesssssssssssss

Longer answer:  a new central defender (on loan) will mean that come January we will still be ''in the mix'' having had good games and bad, money not spent from this transfer window will then be used to loan a premiership striker who cant get a game. The extra goals will secure 6th place, semi final play off with Southampton, which we win 3-2 on aggregate thanks to a stunning 25 yard strike by Russell. The final will be against Watford, but I am not at liberty to disclose the score. sorry.

Tommorow I will post the winning lottery numbers for anyone interestedWink [;)]

Nice to see one of my old topics revived, I thought this one had sunk without trace! I think a more apt title to the thread now would be - "Can we avoid relegation this season?" With Grunt in charge I have grave doubts.

quite frankly no, you deserve be there fan support etc...

but noway your are a least one season away from contention i feel

no.4 its all very well saying we are better than a certain team on paper personally i dont agree about either but when you have a clown like grant in control we really should be lookin in the other direction the bloke has missed out on almost every player we have enquired about and has given away are three best players to replace them with nobodys his tactics are sh**  dont expect anything more than a mid table finnish this season and the next.