Sign in to follow this  
Savenell

Barnet get £125,000 for Sinclair

Yeh I noticed that too.  Does make you wonder if he should perhaps have been given more of a go here - or at the very least sent out on loan.  However after talkin to a couple Barnet supporting friends of mine, it would appear that he isnt all that good anyway.  They reckon he''s OK on the ball and scores a fair few (all be it at League 2 level) but that his big problem is his mentality.  He has been red-carded many times over the years, often losing his head early on in important matches.  Still, I guess that sort of thing can be ironed out.

A very close friend of mine had him lodging with her whilst he was at the accadamy. Various comments were made by said friend about said players attitude.

I think he is a box to box player of the Francis mold so could be a "what if" player.

Problem I always think is letting him go means he got three seasons or whatever playing first team football in a professional atmosphere. Is it really all that good to keep someone for that long and hope that loaning them out non-stop for that long will mean he gets better to the point they can be used in your own squad.

In otherwords if we had kept him would he be the player he is today?

Sorry to bring FM into it, but that''s exactly the thing that annoys me on it, u see a decent youth player, but then don''t know what to do with him, so u sell himas u can''t see him getting in ur team, and he comes back to haunt u 5 years down the line. We have persevered with jarvis for about that long tho

[quote user="Master J-Do Pur"]I always thought he looked a good player. Another youngster from the Worthington era lost on a free[/quote]

And the list is so long and impressive! Paul Dodsworth, Paul Hayes, Arran Lee-Barrett, Danny Self, Ben Watson, Richard Woodrow, Damian Batt, David Chick, Greg Crane, Arron Osborne, Dean Sinclair, David Tyrie, Lee Blackburn, Danny Crowe, Nicky Howell, Adam Smith, Oliver Willis, Shane Herbert, Lee Howlett, Adam Gusterson.

No disrespect to any of these players or the others but the clubs where they ended up in the main are the likes of Kings Lynn, Wroxham and Dereham. If Dean Sinclair is a success at Charlton then he will be the first to perform at a level equal to or above us. I think its a reflection on the youth talent that Worthy had to work with rather than himself. It''s also a reflection on how the foreign imports at the top of the pyramid have pushed youn English talent a lot further down.

Anyways[^o)] This is all a far cry from those heady benchmarking days of old when the likes of Dion Dublin left the club for cluck all [:@][:#][:O][:''(][:P]

£125k isn''t really that much. Barnet probably invested much more time, money and energy than us into making Sinclair the player he currently is.