Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

Go-ahead for 13 storey block of flats behind Jarrold Stand

They are in Kerrison Road and not 13 Storey, have just bought a house in Carrow Road and nothing like that came up in my search! 

I am sure the flat conversions in Kerrison Road are nothing whatsoever to do with the club.

It has already been budgetted for and will not allow any extra funds for players.  But that is the reality of our situation.  The Boards balls up came 3 years ago, on promotion. Just after they had finally pushed the boat out to get Hucks - due to severe pressure from just about everyone in norfolk on these unambitious idiots.

Whilst we''re on the subject of flats in the vicinity of the football ground - aren''t the ones that are already built behind the River End Stand monstrously ugly? No wonder the local authorities seemed to stall somewhat before finally approving the plans.

Do modern architects have any artistic flair whatsoever? I rather think not.

[quote user="Hairy Trainspotter"]

Whilst we''re on the subject of flats in the vicinity of the football ground - aren''t the ones that are already built behind the River End Stand monstrously ugly? No wonder the local authorities seemed to stall somewhat before finally approving the plans.

[/quote]

And for such expensive flats the ones at the back have a really horrible view of the equally unispring River End. Location, location, location!

Now I''m confused... The penultimate paragraph of the second linked article says:

"The construction at Carrow Road would take capacity at the football ground from 21,468 to about 25,500 and be the last piece of a puzzle of building work which will see more than 300 flats built, and a new hotel around Carrow Road."

Eh? Don''t make no sense! Seems like old news randomly thrown into the story?

are these actually the clubs? are we selling the land? are we going to "make money" from these off the field activities? the article is interesting (thanks for the links Pete) but dont really explain anything in terms of the club.

jas :)

"....It has already been budgetted for and will not allow any extra funds for players.  But that is the reality of our situation.  The Boards balls up came 3 years ago, on promotion. Just after they had finally pushed the boat out to get Hucks - due to severe pressure from just about everyone in norfolk on these unambitious idiots....."

.....hard facts not speculation?!?!! Top mud-slinging!! :)

Steve

[/quote]Couldn''t agree more. Reminds me of all those 1960s monstrosities. But it will fit in with all the other poorly designed city developments like Riverside.I have some sympathy with the council''s planning committee, as some developments get changed unrecognisably by large building consortiums, after planning persmission is given. But mostly you get the impression that the council give the go-ahead for any old rubbish.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]

They are in Kerrison Road and not 13 Storey, have just bought a house in Carrow Road and nothing like that came up in my search! 

I am sure the flat conversions in Kerrison Road are nothing whatsoever to do with the club.

[/quote]

Didn''t mean to spoil your weekend gazza . . .

You haven''t Megson, I move in on the West Ham friendly day and will wake up every morning with a view of the Barclay.  I trust my legal team to find out stuff and the search results were very interesting reading.....nothing for any of us to worry about.

Couldn''t be happier!  Just have to walk up the hill to the pub and then back down again for the match, that will seem a bit bizarre. 

Anyone needing match day parking, let me know.....lol

Wasn`t there an Archant article about the "phase three" development about a year and a half ago? I seem to remember that some of the figures mentioned where quite big-depending on the right planning permission being granted. Any chance you could dig it up when you have a spare few minutes web team?

[/quote]

Hey buddy, you are totally spot on.

Where is there a Guadi when you need one.

I''ve had a look, but all our searches are rubbish. Nothing mentioning a phase three leaps anywhere near the top - the only suggestion is that the club will submit an application for a multi-storey car park at a future date in an article from mid 2006.

You haven''t Megson, I move in on the West Ham friendly day and will wake up every morning with a view of the Barclay.  I trust my legal team to find out stuff and the search results were very interesting reading.....nothing for any of us to worry about.

Couldn''t be happier!  Just have to walk up the hill to the pub and then back down again for the match, that will seem a bit bizarre. 

[/quote]

It will be wonderful gazza . . . once you get used to away fans urinating in your front garden  [+o(]

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="gazzathegreat"]

[/quote]

It will be wonderful gazza . . . once you get used to away fans urinating in your front garden  [+o(]

[/quote]

Don''t think so, not with the large dog guarding it.    lol

Not wishing to be nosey Gazza but it''s not one of those new houses that replaced the Clarence you''re moving into is it? Every time I walk past them they''re always empty - they should either sell one to me half price or never have built them in the first place and I could still have a drink in the sorely-missed Clarence Harbour.

Hi Pete

No, its not, I would never buy a new house, too much wrong with them - it''s one of the originals....back to the plans re the flats, the ones being built in Kerrison Rd are a conversion from a factory, the ones behind the South Stand car park and River End are a further phase of those already in the original club car park.  These are being built as far as I can see to the end of the land available.  There was talk of a multi storey car park, so I assume that would go somewhere on the land currently used as the car park.  Nothing of that nature showed up in the searches carried out on my behalf when buying, just a bit of hysteria about floodplains, of which most of the city is built on.....

I miss the Clarence too, and wish the mural could have stayed on the first terraced house in the Carrow Road run.  That was excellent.  The new houses are all sold apparently and some bigger ones are to be built in the area boarded off at present. 

just a bit of hysteria about floodplains, of which most of the city is built on.....

[/quote]

Hmm.  Last week the Hollywood Bowl and nightclub complex in Riverside was closed indefinitely, the council are being a bit tightlipped about the reason but it appears that subsidence is the problem, the ground is too soft due to its proximity to the river.  Apparently some advice was given before Riverside was built not to site "substantial buildings" so close to the river.  On that basis I''m not sure it''s ''prudent'' to put up a 13-storey block there.  Of course the planning committee will have thought of that before they approved it . . . won''t they?

It was going to happen eventually. Suppose it will make the area look a

lot nicer. Hopefully Laurence Scott can keep going elsewhere in the

area.

I only hope that the club have got the foresight and ambition to allow

for the Jarold stand to be extended if it ever becomes neccessary to do

so.

The City stand will be double deckered and then the corners filled in

if we have a sustained period in the Premiership. This would take

capacity up to about 31/32,000 which I think we could fill regularly in

the Premiership.

But obviously if we kept on selling out 31/32,000 regularly in the

premiership then the need would arise for extra capacity. I''ve been

told that the  Jarold stand can be extended with another tier, but

would only happen  if the before mentioned occurred. 

I think Norwich are capable of sustaining a stadium holding 35/36,000

particularly in the Premiership, so hopefully the Jarold stand can

still be extended even after all the flats have been built behind it?

[quote user="gazzathegreat"][quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="gazzathegreat"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t think so, not with the large dog guarding it.    lol

[/quote]

You have a dog that guards pools of stale urine?........Is that so their wee wee can then be tested for DNA and class A drugs (and Stella). And the offending piddling perpetrator can be traced and made to clean up his/her wayward widdle before being banged up for perpetual hosing of people''s property? What a clever doggy![&][Y]

I''d train mine to bite their todgers/privates, before they commit the offence - over my fence......"That''ll learn ''em!"[:@]

There was talk of a multi storey car park, so I assume that would go somewhere on the land currently used as the car park.  

[/quote]

The multi-storey car park was planned to run parallel to the Jarrold stand (when I saw the plans), roughly where the current car park starts but the latest agreement seems to say it has been rotated 90 degrees so it must now be running perpendicular to the Jarrold Stand across the existing car park.

No Mello, I mean if anyone is crazy to do anything in my garden they will regret it!  Large dog guarding  lol. 

I suspect though that apart from the usual suspects (scummers) no one will bother, cos there is no reason to go past houses anymore - ie no Clarence H.

I trust you won''t be using my front garden for anything Mello, apart from delivery of spare packs of Custard Creams you don''t want at half time  [;)]

[/quote]

Happy moving Gazza [:D]