Predictions for 2007-8

1. Charlton

2. Southampton

3. Leicester

Norwich about 8th

Bryan Robson sacked by Christmas 

I am not convinced by Leicester, they have signed a lot of players and that may work as much against them as for them. Lets have a look at who they have signed:

The ones that stand out are:

DJ Campbell and Stephen Clemence - both played a part in the promotion of Birmingham last season - Clemence making 34 appearences.

Then you have the likes of Newton, Kishishev and N''Gotty all players well and truly towards the end of their career and a gamble as to whether they will be able to play as high as they have again. Kishishev and Newton being two players that have hardly been regulars for their last club.

Then you have Hayes who is young at 20 and has reletively little experience. He could become a great signing and he could become an awful signing but its going to be a difficult first season for him.

Then they have two foreign players of which one who has only been playing European football for a year.

So for all the hype I think they are in a very similar boat to us this season, they have a new manager who has wheeled and dealed his way in the transfer market. The advantage we have is that Grant has had more time to assess the squad we already have and work with them on his ideas and plans.

Our biggest risk is Stihavka and when all is said and done he seems to have at least been scouted by a lot of clubs and if you believe some sources offered a lot of trials.

The rest of the players we have signed are around the 25 age mark - Cureton the only exception. In some ways I see a lot more promise in our squad than in theirs. We have players in their prime and players that should be about to reach their prime and getting better all of the time.

We have less of the Gary Walsh''s and co picking up wages that we could offer to players with more desire and passion. Charlton are looking good but their biggest problem is their manager.

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

1, Charlton

2, West Brom

3, Norwich (No, seriously we can do it!)

[/quote]

Tom you lovely old boy , you are nearly right , but its Norwich City at the top , its going to be  us all the way . Now we have the"Rush "on board .

[quote user="sonnycityfan aka Ginger Pele"]why is evry one saying charlton they are complete rubbish
[/quote]

Charlton have cashed in on the players who were not going to have the bottle to compete in the champs (the biggest threat to them not going back up is their own complacency) and bought a mix of proven campaigners in this league who still have something to prove;  just as we did in our champs year.

Pretty much they have the same midfield as relegated (reid, holland, thomas, Hughes looks tidy) and all have champs experience; up front they have experience youth, pace and power from iwelumo, Varney and todorov; they will score;  if they have a weakness it is the same as ours - an uncertain defence,  thatcher and boughera should be ok but weaver and the full backs look a little shaky to me.  I can see them scoring over 80 but will they conceed less than 60?

For me their biggest risk is complacency,  expecting to win so not being mentally right to deserve the 3 pts for a win... not whether they are good enough.