Sign in to follow this  
Carlos Valderrama

Leed have no Goalies

I reckon we should lend Leeds United Joe Lewis at absolutely no cost to them.  Do you think that the football league would sanction this. 

I reckon it is a good idea becuase it would guarantee Joe Lewis first team football.  It would help us to build a positive relationship with Leeds United, after all they have a pretty decent youth system and a catchment area that is far superior to ours.

Could we do something, even if it is just for 3 months or so.  As much as I hate Leeds, I really don''t like seeing such a famous old club so deep in the s**te.

did i here you right "help out leeds" im assuming you have never come across their arrogant rude fan base i hope they suffer in league 1 they are hated by every football fan in britain

Read the whole post.  I  HATE  Leeds United, nearly as much as I hate West Ham and Ipswich.  But sometimes you do something good for someone else in the hope that it might benefit you in the long term.  Sending Jow Lewis to a side that has no Goalies (apart from a very young boy, Lund I think his name is) can only benefit us.  As can building a friendly relationship with a side that A.  Needs money, B. has a decent youth system.

After all I would much rather see Lewis playing first team football week in week out for a team like Leeds than I would Stockport or Mansfield, or stuck rotting in the farcical reserve football system.

Wouldn''t you? 

Here is a post by Leeds fan on 606, after being asked what club he would support if Leeds were liquidised

"comment by magnificentleeds4eva

posted Yesterday

yeah what am i thinking no team can step up to leeds WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!!!"

Enough said. Please.... please..... non league for leeds. Bates and Wise, go straight to jail and do not pass go.

the arrogant time warped leeds fans would destroy him, if he were to make a mistake. By all means loan him out but not to a "big" club like the mighty leeds.

anyway why in gods name should we feel sorry for anyone? If only there board had had "prudence with ambition" hey?

I can see that the arrangment could be mutually beneficial, but that''s where my objection arises.  Anything that benefits that dreadful club and its even more dreadful fans cant be good.

I wouldn''t be totally surprised if he went down the road for a season, now that Lewis Price has gone to Derby.  Leeds or Ipswich, what a choice . . .

while hatred for leeds is perfectly acceptable, it surely cannot even scratch the surface of those we charitably call the binners?!?!

[quote user="lobster catcher"]send them andy huges ,he''s bound to be a better goalie than he is an outfield player[/quote]

As if things couldn''t get any worse for them... [;)]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Do Leeds have any centre backs?

OTBC

[/quote]

Not really anyone of note, Jonny Howson looks a decent prospect though.  Paul Gallacher + cash might tempt them.