Sign in to follow this  
YellowRoad

Whi is our handsome Safri not on the team photo PG ???

Peter Grant will explain Youssef Safri''s absence from the Canaries'' annual Carrow Road photocall at tomorrow''s friendly against West Ham.

Safri is not in the first team squad photo for the new season, which was taken on Monday and is available to view on the official club site.

The midfielder has been linked with a move to West Brom all summer, with Charlton and Southampton also interested.

The news comes on the same day City re-signed Darel Russell from Stoke City, and it was confirmed on-loan Chelsea star Jimmy Smith will miss six weeks through an ankle injury.

Looks like we are losing another very very good player, what a shame PG !

Will somebody please give us confirmation that Safri has left the building - my thumbs are poised at the cork to the Moet...

Or is he staying and couldn''t make the photo session because he was having a siesta?

He''s going to West Ham that''s why PG is not going to explain his absence until after tonight''s game.  How thick do the people who run our club think we are? 

I see the intrepid sports journos at Archant are ahead of the game as usual . . .

[quote user="mystic megson"]

How thick do the people who run our club think we are? 

[/quote]

What an extraordinary staement to make. Sometimes its not about you..... Maybe, if suspicions are correct, the ''other club'' have requested the silence because of their own negotiations elsewhere. Sometimes a chain developes, a word out of place and the whole thing tumbles.....

How thick do the people who run our club think we are?  Errr......

[quote user="mystic megson"]

He''s going to West Ham that''s why PG is not going to explain his absence until after tonight''s game.  How thick do the people who run our club think we are? 

I see the intrepid sports journos at Archant are ahead of the game as usual . . .

[/quote]

you might well be onto something there MM. i''ll be gutted to see Saffers go. a quality player and if he wanted out the club shoud of been hinest and said "we havce accepted a bid for Youssef Safri and talks are ongoing" everyone saves face, the buying club isnt named.. and the player and club dont look like lying B''stards in the eyes of some.

jas :)

[quote user="YellowRoad"]

Peter Grant will explain Youssef Safri''s absence from the Canaries'' annual Carrow Road photocall at tomorrow''s friendly against West Ham.

Safri is not in the first team squad photo for the new season, which was taken on Monday and is available to view on the official club site.

The midfielder has been linked with a move to West Brom all summer, with Charlton and Southampton also interested.

The news comes on the same day City re-signed Darel Russell from Stoke City, and it was confirmed on-loan Chelsea star Jimmy Smith will miss six weeks through an ankle injury.

Looks like we are losing another very very good player, what a shame PG !

[/quote]

I think I should sue for breach of copright here, as this is my story from www.norwich.Vitalfootball.co.uk [:D]

Apparently he was at the shoot, but in his suit. He didn''t get changed.

Interesting point about West Ham MM. It does tie in, but would West Ham really be after him? They have a lot of money to spend and could bring in anyone they want (almost). Hell, they don''t even have to follow the rules like everyone else.

To be honest, if he doesn''t want to play for us then get rid ASAP. We only need players who want to wear the yellow and green!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"] its obvious Grunt wants him sold.[/quote]Yes it appears to be the case. I think that Youssef is on his way to the continent and not to another championship club. This is why he played in Holland. And I can see him being played tonight.