Sign in to follow this  
NCFC_Shaun

Bookies bets 4 the title!

in the new canary preview i couldnt help notice despite all the new signings Norwich are still fairly low down in chance of winning the title according to the bookies. I would have put us somewhere around 5th behind Charlton, Wolves, Sheff Utd and West Brom. If what the bookies have put for chance of winning the league, the table would look like this:

Charlton
West Brom
Wolves
Sheffield United
Southampton
Watford
leicester
Stoke
Preston
Crystal Palace
sheffield Wednesday
Coventry
Cardiff
NORWICH
Ipswich
Bristol City
Burnley
Plymouth
Blackpool
Hull
QPR
Colchester
Scunthorpe
Barnsley

wondered what everyone else thinks of this?? i personally think we shall be much higher ... allthough at least were above ipswich ey!

i think they''re pretty much wat id of put. norwich didnt do well last season and have lost key players, despite strengthening, so i think 11th-12th favourites is a gd reflection of our chances of winning league.

yeah thats true, that does give them alot of money tho, have they got anyone decent in??
11th-12th, i think we will finish higher than that, if we dont get into the playoffs i wud say at least top 10.

I think its got more to do with our last two outings in the league rather than the squad we''ve got. I do think we''ve got a stronger squad than we had last season in terms of balance and who is going to give a toss about playing. I''d have put us in the top 10 just buzzing around the playoffs but not quite having enough. I still think it''ll take another summer of rebuilding to really get things sorted out. I do think we''ll see a much better level of performance this season though which is what everyone wants.

This is what my table would look like if i was predicting:

Charlton

Sheffield United

West Brom

Wolves

Preston

NORWICH

Southampton

Watford

Leicester

Preston

Stoke

Sheffield Wednesday

Cardiff

Crystal Palace

Coventry

Ipswich

Burnley

Plymouth

Hull

Bristol City

QPR

Scunthorpe

Colchester

Blackpool

Barnsley

Southampton I find puzzling.  I rate Burley but the way they seem desperate to shed quality players doesn''t suggest play-offs to me.

We were 12th favs when we won it in 2003-4!!!

C''mon!!! Keep the faith, back the lads and stick your 1 pound on us to win it.

Whats the bookies odds?

You never know, funny old game ...

Cheers All

With the possible exceptions of Palace, Coventry and Sheff Wed above us, that looks about right to me. The bookies are not looking at our signings through the same yelllow and green glasses that we are. They rarely get it very wrong - let''s hope that we are this season''s "surprise" side.

Mark .Y.

money talks, but i hope the bookies are wrong about us.  lets face it though, to be ranked as middle ranking champs dross should be pretty galling to all concerned - just look at the calibre of the teams below us.  makes a poor sight in my view.  what a waste the last 3 years have been - the world has moved on so much since then - just about every team in the prem has been bought out by outside investors, the new prem deal has alramingly widened the gulf between it and the champs - we''re on the wrong side of the fence now - too little, too late.  if only we''d bought ashton or crouch pre-season in out prem year, rather than playing the doc up front! what a joke -makes you cringe thinking about it.  - makes the £2-3m touted at the time look cheap now don''t it - instead they waited for geoffrey watling to die before investing his write-off.  and despite having a rubbish defence for the past 3 years - there''s no plans to invest in a decent centre half who''s gonna stop the rot.  and all the time - numpty mumby says - have patience with the manager this year!!! yeah right - lets all settle for mid-table medocrity right now shall we??? and let the likes of hull, stoke and bristol city show us the way.

Think the bookies have it pretty much spot on... although I do expect both Bristol City and Blackpool to finish slightly higher.

For all those that have been knocking Leicester all season long have a look where the bookies place them... In the sort of position that we should be in at the very least!!!

[quote user="koimatsuba"]

We were 12th favs when we won it in 2003-4!!!

C''mon!!! Keep the faith, back the lads and stick your 1 pound on us to win it.

Whats the bookies odds?

You never know, funny old game ...

Cheers All

[/quote]

they put us down as 9/1

Preston will not be that high they sold nugent and will struggle without him and i think we should be around 8th /9th also i cant see west brom finishing that high after selling all their best players.

i reckon many teams have a decent chance of getting promoted this year, i just hope to see us challenging and with those odds i reckon we are a good bet.

I think they had us down as 12-1 at the beggining of the summer and then for some reason changed it as the season drew nearer and with the confirmation of Huckerby and co. signing on loan.

[quote user="DIZNAZZA HIZLOMEZ"]

Where are Ipswich in the league!!

Relegation beckons for the boys in blue.

Wonder if Magilton has a flux capicitor, cause they have gone back in time with their summer signings.

Heard they might get Eric Gates on a free, (he''ll fit right in as he owns a ferris wheel apparently!!!

[/quote]

Should have really kept my mouth shut, DOH!!

To be honest I am happy with Russell and Cureton.

Throw in Roger Hansbury and Disco, I will be born again.

The renaissance continues.

[quote user="DIZNAZZA HIZLOMEZ"][quote user="DIZNAZZA HIZLOMEZ"]

Where are Ipswich in the league!!

Relegation beckons for the boys in blue.

Wonder if Magilton has a flux capicitor, cause they have gone back in time with their summer signings.

Heard they might get Eric Gates on a free, (he''ll fit right in as he owns a ferris wheel apparently!!!

[/quote]

Should have really kept my mouth shut, DOH!!

To be honest I am happy with Russell and Cureton.

Throw in Roger Hansbury and Disco, I will be born again.

The renaissance continues.

[/quote]

You should learn to be quiet, we''lll be signing 15th-17th century Italians now and it will be Your Fault.

Come to think of it adding Machiavelli to the board wouldn''t be a bad idea.

I''m glad the bookies don''t expect too much from City in the promotion stakes. I think being highly rated by the bookies only serves to increase the expectations of the fans and put added pressure on the players - it certainly doesn''t do anything to help a team gain promotion. If anything, being amongst the favourites to go up can sometimes be counter-productive, with every team you play trying that much harder to beat you.

Anyway, personally I shall be a little bit disappointed if we don''t reach at least 6th spot this season, but who knows what will happen over the course of 46 matches. Whatever happens, I''m looking forward to some good entertaining football this season.

[quote user="Hairy Trainspotter"]

I''m glad the bookies don''t expect too much from City in the promotion stakes. I think being highly rated by the bookies only serves to increase the expectations of the fans and put added pressure on the players - it certainly doesn''t do anything to help a team gain promotion. If anything, being amongst the favourites to go up can sometimes be counter-productive, with every team you play trying that much harder to beat you.

Anyway, personally I shall be a little bit disappointed if we don''t reach at least 6th spot this season, but who knows what will happen over the course of 46 matches. Whatever happens, I''m looking forward to some good entertaining football this season.

[/quote]

Yep Sunderland and Birmingham certainly suffered from that last year didn''t they????