Sign in to follow this  
JerseyCanary

Darrel Russell

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

Oh really ca, just how COULD you leave poor old Arthur Whittle out of things? How rude and inconsiderate of you [;)]

[/quote]

Unlike Cluck, Smudger and Wayne, I believe Arthur Whittle actually does go to games and is a member like most of us on here Bigmark.

To lump him in with that crowd doesn''t seem right to me.

[/quote]

Not anymore he doesn''t Wiz, I''m afraid. Will you be going to watch the game tonight and do you think Rusty''ll start?

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

Not anymore he doesn''t Wiz, I''m afraid. Will you be going to watch the game tonight and do you think Rusty''ll start?

[/quote]

Bigmarkcanary:

Hmm? I see my friend.

For very boring health reasons, I can''t make night games now, full stop. But those who know me on here will realise that home games will often see the old wiz about, not every game like some granted, but as many as I''m able to get to.

And I think Darel will appear at some point tonight, although I''d be suprised if it was from the start mate. 

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="a1canary"][quote user="Cluck "]

Dear God.......how low have we sunk when buying back such a journeyman reject gets this rapturous applause?

Football may well have changed since Smith arrived....but the aspiration of the modern City fan has simply become laughable. First Grant...then Cureton...now Russell.  Remind whether or not this lot were part of the original demise of the club....but which have now miraculously become the beacon for our future......

You lot deserve each other......you really do.

[/quote]

A journeyman? Cluck is back eh, making up his own BS to support his arguments as usual. Tell me Cluck, how many clubs has this "journeyman" had?
[/quote]

Well.....I see the usual suspects are behaving like performing seals as ever.  Former players who leave it seems are labelled "Judas"......Former players brought back out of desperation are considered "legends"....Stunning stuff.

Cheap options by a desperate club...welcomed by equally desperate "supporters". A journeyman in footballing terms is one who will never be anything other than a make-shift......and this is what will apparently be gaining us promotion in the coming season?  Suffolk must be celebrating right now. 

Don''t make me laugh....and even the label of "sheep" is becoming a compliment for most of you......

[/quote]

You really are a poisonous, bitter, nasty piece of work aren''t you cluck?  I''m very glad I don''t know you personally, I have to say.  After a while, I think you would start to drag everyone around you down to your level of misery.......

[/quote]

Oh dear sweetie.....quite a little hissy fit there.

The one deciding difference between me and many of your ilk on here is that I don''t take prisoners either in "real" life....or in this odd little "virtual" world. Unlike quite a few on here also I have not been tempted to venture into the world of internet "social" sites and so spend the main bulk of my life making eye contact with those I encounter....perhaps there lies half of the issue. Maybe you find such eye contact uncomfortable?

You have your views...I have mine and if you''re waiting for me to become "Sammy the Seal" overnight and join in the pretence that all is rosey....you''ll be a very old man. That time will come I''m sure....but it will happen when the club eventually shakes off this lame wet blanket aura...and not when the likes of you demand it.

If you don''t like reading blunt and outspoken appraisals...don''t do so. I certainly won''t lose any sleep over it.

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="a1canary"][quote user="Cluck "]

Dear God.......how low have we sunk when buying back such a journeyman reject gets this rapturous applause?

Football may well have changed since Smith arrived....but the aspiration of the modern City fan has simply become laughable. First Grant...then Cureton...now Russell.  Remind whether or not this lot were part of the original demise of the club....but which have now miraculously become the beacon for our future......

[/quote]A journeyman? Cluck is back eh, making up his own BS to support his arguments as usual. Tell me Cluck, how many clubs has this "journeyman" had?[/quote]

Well.....I see the usual suspects are behaving like performing seals as ever.  Former players who leave it seems are labelled "Judas"......Former players brought back out of desperation are considered "legends"....Stunning stuff.

Cheap options by a desperate club...welcomed by equally desperate "supporters". A journeyman in footballing terms is one who will never be anything other than a make-shift......and this is what will apparently be gaining us promotion in the coming season?  Suffolk must be celebrating right now. 

Don''t make me laugh....and even the label of "sheep" is becoming a compliment for most of you......

[/quote]Don''t start with your pigeon-holing. I have never called russell a judas nor a legend on his return. I haven''t even passed comment on his signing. I prefer to, shock, watch a player perform on the pitch in the yellow and green before passing judgement. I merely asked you to justify your ''journeyman'' comment which i maintain is typical ''cluck'' bull, or bull-cluck if you prefer, conveniently applied to support your usual bile. This despite your warped definition of ''journeyman.'' I suggest you read this, it''s right there for you in the very first sentence...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journeyman_(football)

All I have to say is Darrel Russell.... hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahha

We are an utter JOKE!!!!!

The Hammers will spank us tonight (the first of many this season) and the fisrts signs of just how low this club has sunk will be there for all to see.  [:D]

[quote user="Smudger"]

All I have to say is Darrel Russell.... hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahha

The Hammers will spank us tonight (the first of many this season) and the fisrts signs of just how low this club has sunk will be there for all to see.  [:D]

[/quote]

Why? you haven''t seen Norwich play in ages let alone seen Russell play in ages and he scored 7 goals last season so I don''t really understand what your problem with Russell is

[quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

Who do you want us to buy, Ronaldinho???

We wont be moaning when we''re in the prem come 2008!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

and that will make you very happy won''t it Smudger??? [:@]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Horay for some sanity here Smudger.......[:D]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

I hate to correct people''s grammar but in this case I''ll make an exception to point out your incorrect use of personal pronouns. Instead of ''We are'' you should have used ''I am'' - unless, of course, you are referring to you and Cluck. Lol!! 

russell is a decent signing for us - he''ll run as much as dicko, but imo is much better tackler and passer, and is better going forward - he can spot a pass and make it, as well as score a few along the way.  if russell and brellier can get the midfield sown up for city (something we''ve lacked since the days of holty and francis) - we''ve got a platform that will help shield our defence and provide free rein to our exciting foward line up - who will always score goals.dicko has the potential to be very good or he could bomb and be very bad - we''ll see over the next 2 seasons.russell has been around a long time, knows his job inside out, and may well have a better attitude having left city and grafted at stoke.  with safs or fozzy on the bench - we''ll have a decent and competitive midfield imo.i remember russell having a super game for city where he scored twice (televised i think) and i thought he had the potential to push on and be very good.  didn''t quite live upto that - but russell for dicko plus £1m - YES PLEASE!

Smudger - No way will Wet Sham spank us tonight. I have no problems with us signing Russell, I just think it was wrong to sell him in the first place. Whatever way you cut it I think Darels face did not fit, after all he went on to become the Stoke captain so somebody obviously recognised and harnessed his talent, shame it was not us, we could have saved ourselves a few quid.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not really CA... but if it leads to the drastic changes that are needed at NCFC then yes it will.

However, as each nail is driven slowly in to Delia & Co''s coffins I will have a little chuckle to myself!!!  [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not really CA... but if it leads to the drastic changes that are needed at NCFC then yes it will.

However, as each nail is driven slowly driven in to Delia & Co''s coffins I will have a little chuckle to myself!!!  Big Smile [:D]