Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

The long shadow of Robert Chase.

Tonight Chase''s Academy will be on show. Eleven years on.

Starring for City - Darel Russell and Jamie Cureton

Starring for the Hammers - Robert Green and Craig Bellamy.

Who would have thunk it.

And all in Delia''s back yard.

Oh, delicious irony.

OTBC

Fail to see the irony of it - just another feeble excuse to try and knock Delia. 

Sign.

Another pointless thread

About an academy that Chase ran into the ground as the club slowly died.

Little or no funding of years as we kept the wolves from the door with forced fire sales of players.

In a time when clubs could get young lads from wherever they wanted, before the advent of the 90 minute rule.

But lets not let facts get in the way of troublemaking eh?

“When I was here, this stand wasn''t here; the training ground has

improved. Everything seems to have moved on a level from when I was

last here which is always a good thing - it looks as if they''re still

pushing in the right direction. Pushing forwards. So things are different - it''s a different club that I''m coming back to.”Said Darel Russell. Delicious indeed.

Bly, for god''s sake, stop making Mr Chase into some sort of God!  He nearly bankrupt the club and we are lucky (due to Mr Watling stepping in to save it) to still be watching football.  He may have been custodian while we had good academy players, but his greed for all things concrete was his undoing and his attitude towards his managers and the fans was nothing short of shocking.

He isn''t coming back, we have to move on.  Yes, we are not world beaters, we might have been had he invested in footballers instead of car parks and infrastructure.

If Delia and co had left the same level of debt he did, do you think he would now have the club in the position it''s now in?

I am looking forward to seeing all four players you mentioned, it''s good to see our former players go on to make good careers, whether for us, or for someone else. 

We now we have it, the 3 billy goats gruff (Smudger, Clunt and Wayne) and the Troll. What a lucky forum we are.

Everyone know''s full well what Chase did for this club, he''ll never be

back and we can be truly thankful for that regardless of the

imerfections of the current board. .

[quote user="ob1"]TROLL![/quote]I like it, it''s short, accurate, to the point and doesn''t try to engage in pointless reasoning with him. Good work.

[quote user="SPat"]We now we have it, the 3 billy goats gruff (Smudger, Clunt and Wayne) and the Troll. What a lucky forum we are.

Everyone know''s full well what Chase did for this club, he''ll never be back and we can be truly thankful for that regardless of the imerfections of the current board. .

[/quote]

Well said BlyBly...and it''s these facts that the sheep find so hard to swallow.

And as for your painful attempt at humour S''Pratt....be glad that there are just three Billy Goats...because this place is literally littered with little dwarfs like you busily following Delia White down a deep dark hole........

[quote user="Cluck "]

[quote user="SPat"]We now we have it, the 3 billy goats gruff (Smudger, Clunt and Wayne) and the Troll. What a lucky forum we are.

Everyone know''s full well what Chase did for this club, he''ll never be back and we can be truly thankful for that regardless of the imerfections of the current board. .

[/quote]

Well said BlyBly...and it''s these facts that the sheep find so hard to swallow.

And as for your painful attempt at humour S''Pratt....be glad that there are just three Billy Goats...because this place is literally littered with little dwarfs like you busily following Delia White down a deep dark hole........

[/quote]

Fact''s lol.

Did you read the quote from Russell? No thought not.

And anyway he''s only a plyers isn''t he? What would he know?

CHase nearly killed the academy that he did so well to build up (and yes he DID do well to build it) when he lost control of the finances. It took us years and some very painful cuts untill we could start to rebuild it.

Also do me a list of all these gems we had, tell me where they were living when we approached them to join us, then work out how many are within the current 90 minute travel rule.

[quote user="Cluck "]

[quote user="SPat"]We now we have it, the 3 billy goats gruff (Smudger, Clunt and Wayne) and the Troll. What a lucky forum we are. Everyone know''s full well what Chase did for this club, he''ll never be back and we can be truly thankful for that regardless of the imerfections of the current board. . [/quote]

[/quote]Ooh that hurts, you''re so cutting [:''(] As for dwarfs, funny, I always picture you as Eric Gates the original poison dwarf.