Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Realistic...

Well, I have added up and divided all the positive answers in this thread (I haven''t included vague answers like anywhere between 6th - 16th).Are average position based on who has responded so far is 9th!!Better than last year''s position and a step in the right direction. Let''s hope the boys can do better than 9th.

[quote user="tim howard"]I wouldnt bet on west brom doing to well after selling there stars and dont expect the teams coming down from the premiersip to be automatic title contenders because we all know wellenough that this league is very hard to get out of .[/quote]

I dunno - all three of last seasons relegated teams made the play-off final or better??  1: Sunderland, 2: Birmingham, and 4: West Brom!  A trend which looks set to continue.  Having said that Sheffield United and Watford won''t have the financial backing of these three.

[quote user="tim howard"]I wouldnt bet on west brom doing to well after selling there stars and dont expect the teams coming down from the premiersip to be automatic title contenders because we all know wellenough that this league is very hard to get out of .[/quote]

I dunno - all three of last seasons relegated teams made the play-off final or better??  1: Sunderland, 2: Birmingham, and 4: West Brom!  A trend which looks set to continue.  Having said that Sheffield United and Watford won''t have the financial backing of these three.

Think your 14th could be a very good bet Canary Boy.... and if I need to give a specific position at this moment in time then I will also say 14th.

If things go against us it could be much worse and if things go for us then we may just scrape in to the top 10... but only just!!!

The scale of the changes makes this really hard.

Having said that I am pretty happy with the balance in the squad and while the loss of Earnshaw is a big blow which I am not sure Cureton can fill, we look better in midfield if the reports of these new players such as Brellier and Smith are to be believed.

I don''t fear the relegated teams much and the rest in the plays offs could go either way. Grant clearly has a plan, but the loss of Hunter could place a strain on the coaching side.

I fancy Leicester and Southampton for the top (the former becuase of the money, the latter because Burley had them flying at the end of last season).

If I have to plump for it I''ll go for 5th and a play off semi final against Charlton in 4th.

I have a feeling we will do ridiculously well this season and just need 3pts on the final day of the season when the Doc feels the need to talk to the papers about revenge for the final game of last season thus ensuring we miss out on automatic promotion.