Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Realistic...

Ok everyone, with the season just a couple of weeks away, I would like you all to give a realistic prediction of our final finishing postition in the league.This is not a thread to have a go at anyone or to drag Norwich down, just a simple REALISTIC guess at where you think we''re at compared with every other team.Ok, I''ll start us off...14th

Ah-ha, we have a conflict issue here!

You ask us to be realistic and to predict a finishing placement for out dearly beloved NCFC.

One and the other can not be placed together. Any prediction now would not be realistic because it would not take into account other factors that at the present not even the clubs at hand are aware of.

Any prediction now is unrealistic because it is a prediction based upon no premises, no evidence and so can only be described as fact-less, fiction, unrealistic.

To be honest , not to sure,,,

There are some big teams in this league, and most teams have added to their squad,,,

So while i hope for a great season, i am not so sure we will do that well,,,

I will go for 10th,,,

But if we add a couple more players to vital postions before the window shuts, then you never know,,,

I''m very optimistic of a top half finish (given average luck with injuries). A top 6 finish is achievable with luck (very good luck with injuries, being able to bring in 1 or 2 more players who can make a real impact either in August or January).

I believe Peter Grant will prove he''s a good manager this season by making us genuine contenders for a top 6 finish. My main worry is that we may again concede too many goals - losing Dickson has weakened our aerial defence considerably.

Overall, my guess is we''ll finish 8th. After last season, this would represent clear progress.

anywhere from about 4th/5th down to 15th/16th, the league is far too open to predict, i think we''re too good to go down but lack the squad to challenge at the very top but if things go our way we can make the play offs

i did say 5th, but that was me being optimistic at the start of the season as i always am. I believe that could happen ... but reali im going for 8th

Anywhere from 3rd to 21st;  depending on further signings, getting the tactics right, creating a team  and the new faces gelling or not.

Best guess currently is 11th.

8th with the present squad. If we sign a good CB, find cover for full backs and remain reasonably clear of injuries we might just scrape into the play-offs.

Mid-table.........and occasionally crawling around underneath it, foraging for the dropped and discarded scraps that will hopefully keep us from wasting away - whilst the more ambitious and bigger boys sit high above around this table; feasting on quality fare - and getting bigger and broader with the sustenance that success brings......

What replacements for our average departed, are actually a vast and superior improvement on what''s been at the club since relegation?

G''urn, live and dream...........[:|]     

[quote user="chicken"]

You ask us to be realistic and to predict a finishing placement for out dearly beloved NCFC.

One and the other can not be placed together. Any prediction now would not be realistic because it would not take into account other factors that at the present not even the clubs at hand are aware of.

Any prediction now is unrealistic because it is a prediction based upon no premises, no evidence and so can only be described as fact-less, fiction, unrealistic.

[/quote]For goodness sake....just guess then! You''d make a great politician, never answering the question.

For the first time in several seasons, I have absolutely no idea.

Although, if pushed, my head tells me midtable (11-13).

18th and survival only after a struggle. If PG walks through lack of backing....relegation.

Somewhere between 4th and 17th - I see this league having 3 very good clubs and 7 very bad clubs.

If I go tomorrow night i''ll consider an answer for this, but need to see the new guys in a more realistic game before sticking my neck out too much.

Keen to see the football tomorrow, loath the thought of sharing carra with lots of arrogant cockeney ...................

[quote user="sonnycityfan aka Ginger Pele"]play-off by 1 goal on the last day
[/quote]

Nah; that kind of thing never happens to us...

;-)

providing we will now have competition for places in the midefeild with russel about to sign and a good defender then realistically if we have a bit of luck i can see us maybe scraping the play offs .there are undoubtudly bigger teams than us in our league but i wouldnt bet on west brom doing to well after selling there stars and dont expect the teams coming down from the premiersip to be automatic title contenders because we all know wellenough that this league is very hard to get out of .im hoping we can start to be more consistant and play as a team rather than with a few stars playing for us.

[quote user="Canary Boy"][quote user="chicken"]

[/quote]

For goodness sake....just guess then! You''d make a great politician, never answering the question.
[/quote]

Who says I am not a politician?

A guess - anywhere above where we finnished last season because we have a better team now.

As for exact place - I think we should finnish inside the top ten again.