Sign in to follow this  
H4H

Where is this CB???

I welcome the signing of Russell back to Carrow rd, I think he can do a job for us, but please please please PG get hold of a CB, we will leak so many goals next season if we keep Doc and Shack at the heart of our defence!!!!

Tell me about it Oli, it''s getting more and more worrying. Reading the reports from the pre-season games it sounded just like last year - some good stuff going forwards but mistake being made in defence. What will it take for PG to make a CB his number one priority? Isn''t it painfully obvious that this is the one glaring whole left in the jigsaw?? It becomes more and more obvious the more players we sign who aren''t centre backs!!

I love everything you''ve done so far and the way you''ve gone about it but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SORT THIS OUT PETER!!!

My God, we haven''t signed a centre back and the transfer window closes tomorrow............. oh wait, we''ve still got august to go, i wonder if theres any chance grant may sign on then...

... Just be patient!

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

My God, we haven''t signed a centre back and the transfer window closes tomorrow............. oh wait, we''ve still got august to go, i wonder if theres any chance grant may sign on then...

... Just be patient!

[/quote]

"grant may sign on then..."

My god I knew it! Its not enough just to be a manager the man is coming out of retirement to play centre back!

I''m with Tom on this one.  I would be amazed if there was not movement on the CB front before the window closes - which is still a long way off.  I seem to remember reading somewhere that Grant used an analysis of our defensive failings in his job interview and nothing he can have ssen since will have made him likely to think he got it wrong.  I believe that things are going on to resolve the matter and someone will be unveiled before we get to Preston to fill the number 5 shirt.  But then I am an optimistic soul and often out of place on here!

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]I''m with Tom on this one.  I would be amazed if there was not movement on the CB front before the window closes - which is still a long way off.  I seem to remember reading somewhere that Grant used an analysis of our defensive failings in his job interview and nothing he can have ssen since will have made him likely to think he got it wrong.  I believe that things are going on to resolve the matter and someone will be unveiled before we get to Preston to fill the number 5 shirt.  But then I am an optimistic soul and often out of place on here![/quote]I''ve had this attitude since the January transfer window. Nothing happened then. 8 months on and we''re still waiting. Every manager would want some time to bed his players in given the choice. We should be getting the CB in NOW and if Grant wanted one he''d have got one in NOW or within the week at the very latest so whoever it is gets some time with the squad before kick off. If i had to bet, i''d say we''re going with what we''ve got if we hear nothing before the end of the week.

I told you to be patient, read the front of the pinkun. Grant''s next job is to get a centre back.

In Grant, We Trust!

Call me picky but that article doesn''t give me a lot of comfort. "Last piece of the jigsaw" - last priority therefore, hence we''re looking at a loan. A centre back on loan is not a convincing solution. Not unless it''s a season loan and it clearly isn''t otherwise we wouldn''t be having to wait until the week before the season starts.A defence needs to be stable and settled. Even in the top teams where they rotate the squad every game, the centrebacks are the one position where you keep the same pairing whenever you can. Terry and Carvalho, Ferdinand and Vidic, Agger and Carragher. How can you have that stability with a CB on a 3 month loan? Davenport didn''t help particularly when he was here on loan.We should have the money to bring in someone permanent, especially since Safri is so obviously on his way.Sorry but the whole thing still concerns me.

[quote user="a1canary"]Call me picky but that article doesn''t give me a lot of comfort. "Last piece of the jigsaw" - last priority therefore, hence we''re looking at a loan. [/quote]

I''d say a loan wasn''t apart of the jigsaw - loans, like youth, should be cover (Hucks and Crouch excluded). By last piece of the jigsaw I''m thinking the missing prority piece....?

I bet that Grant has already made contact with either WHU or Charlton.He''s too shrewd not to.

If I were you, I''d expect a signing from either club soon. As regards Christian Dailly, all West Ham fans would wish him well if he leaves. Even now, when he is 6th choice centre back, he probably feels a loyalty to the club. You could do alot worse than offer him a contract, even the captaincy too.