Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Safri to West Ham in exchange for a central defender?

Is it possible that Safri is going to West Ham in exchange for a central defender?  I cannot remember if they have signed anyone to replace Reo Coker.

I think the chance of that happening is 0, why would Egghead Magnusson want Safri when he''s wasting £6 Million of injuried frenchman and Welsh Hotpots?

Anything is possible, but I doubt it.

I reckon what will happen, with regard to defenders, is one of the following:

1. No new defenders

2. Dixon from Dundee or similar, plus an experienced loan player at CD from Premiership.

3. A young good prospect central defender permanent, plus an experienced loan defender.

4. 1 loan defender.

We won''t see 2 defenders signing permanently.  We won''t see more than £700k spent on a defender, IF, we sign one permanently.  Talk of Premiership defenders for £1.5m to £2.5m are ludicrous.

Obviously options 2 and 3 are the best of the worst so to speak.  I can''t see Grant having more than £500,000 to sort the defence, plus the option if he chooses of getting one loan player.  It becomes more and more obvious by the day that Grant can see where the team needs strengthening, but that he must be banging his head against the wall, with our board, and the limitations he has to work with.

With regards to Safri, I think we will be told he is going or has gone tomorrow.  That we will only receive something stupid like £700,000 and that this money is already accounted for.  There will be no replacements for Safri. 

You can see it now, Youssef Safri has signed for Charlton blahblahblah.  We feel the midfield is strong enough and there is enough cover so we won''t be looking to find a replacement for Youseff in the immediate future.  However, we have shown our committment and ambition to gain promotion by signing a new defender.  Out he will walk or will already be sitting there and it will be some unknown signed for a maximum of £200,000.  This will be the answer to our defensive crisis.

We will leak goals during the first half of the season and in the January transfer window we will sign a player on loan to try to combat this. 

And the money we made from player sales this year?  Well who knows where that will end up?

They signed Scott Parker ages ago I think and realistically I would have thought West Ham would want a player with more quality than Safri.

[quote user="Shiner"]

I think and realistically I would have thought West Ham would want a player with more quality than Safri.

[/quote]...they bought GreenSafri is quality, Premiership player, Morrocan international - and bloody nice chap as it happens

Never heard of Safri, is he any good?

We''re all glad Reo Coker went. However good he becomes, principals are involved here, know what I mean?

We have Scott Parker, Mark Noble, Hayden Mullins and Lee Bowyer. Also, it seems likely that we will get Eider Gudjonson to play off of the front two. Kieron Dyer is a probable, Alan Smith a possible. So, I think that we have that area of the pitch covered, thanks.

I''m sure that you agree, now Eggy is splashing his money around, you do not have many players that would get in our reserve side.

Dailly or Davenport? come and get them. Dailly has been brilliant for us over the years, you should approach us asap. 5th and 6th choice centre backs.

Happyhammer i think safri would fit in really well at west ham and yes he is a good player, he would be a good acquisition for you!

Thanks so much mate, for offering us your 5th or 6th choice defenders. We are so grateful for the scraps from your table now that you have got a rich sugar daddy. On the other hand with your points deduction and going on past form as a yo yo club at best, the championship will soon be welcoming back the not so happy hammers.

I agree with other posters here that what would West Ham want with Safri...but I did pick up some rumours tonight at the game that we want callum Davenport. I think the smart money should go on Safri signing for Southampton in the morning...you read it here first.

"Never heard of Safri, is he any good?

We''re all glad Reo Coker went. However good he becomes, principals are involved here, know what I mean?

We have Scott Parker, Mark Noble, Hayden Mullins and Lee Bowyer. Also, it seems likely that we will get Eider Gudjonson to play off of the front two. Kieron Dyer is a probable, Alan Smith a possible. So, I think that we have that area of the pitch covered, thanks.

I''m sure that you agree, now Eggy is splashing his money around, you do not have many players that would get in our reserve side.

Dailly or Davenport? come and get them. Dailly has been brilliant for us over the years, you should approach us asap. 5th and 6th choice centre backs."

Principals?!!! Tevez - Mascherano?!!!! Tearing up contracts?!!!

If I was Reo Coker I would have wanted out too. There are principles and that is why I would have left. It also didn''t seem to help that your manager (Pardew) didn''t seem to have any. If what I heard is true he had is way with most of the players wives!

Sadly I think that the only thing that will come of all this is that West Ham will become known as the club that should have gone down. I think any money made from a probable sale of Tevez should go to Sheffield Utd even though that would help them and I hate them - its justice.

Appart from anything else you can''t just tear up a contract otherwise no one would ever sign one. If this goes to high court I think there may be a couple of big implications. Shef Utd would certainly have enough amunition to blast at West Ham then. Boy how my Grandfather must be turning in his grave. A proud West Hammer was he, now I think he would not be. Sad all very sad.

[quote user="Cobain18"]Happyhammer i think safri would fit in really well at west ham and yes he is a good player, he would be a good acquisition for you![/quote]He would be a good buy if they wanted to improve their reserve team, no way would he be a first choice for them - I wouldn''t even pick him as first choice for us...