Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Player Profile pics - your opinions please

Now creating player profiles for the forthcoming season and was wondering if readers would prefer the following pic in a sort of collector''s card style:

Or just a plain one with no effects added:

Your thoughts please?

Heyy..my little brother would like the collector-card style [:P]

But hey, why not go craazzzyy and do both types? [:D]

[quote user="topoftheleague"]I prefer the bottom one. Its a lot clearer and the top one looks bad quality! LOL.[/quote]

I agree, second one all the way.

For what it''s worth, I prefer the first one pic layout. Reminds me of footie sticker albums from yesteryear.

Stevo,

Polls can sadly be manipulated so thought it best to ask on here. Looks like the plain one is winning. Shame as I like the traditional footy collectors card look, but it''s only fair to go with the majority.

Hmmm. When do a match summery why not have these miniaturised at the top next to the players name - possibly rather than just a list of names have a team starting line up eg 4-3-1-2 with the right player in the right position.

This is defenitely a massive improvement guys keep it up.

With photos presented like this there are endless new ideas to use them

Instead of having a list of players names in the injury treatment room have their cards! And maybe set the backround to look like your looking down on the physios room or something?

Damn. Why is it I never got projects like this doing my design degree - now my mind is ticking over too much!

I like the injury room idea - maybe shrink down the pics to fit 4 or 5 in a row. Might swamp the match report if we did it on there though.

We do have another idea up our sleeves and it has a lot to do with the profile pics looking like cards. Watch this space...

The ''marble'' effect overprint on the top one detracts from the quaility of the picture. Its a crap graphic design feature.

Second one please.

I like the first one, it reminds me of a trading card

"I''ll swap my Gary Doherty for your Andy Hughes"

anyday mate.