Sign in to follow this  
tim howard?

lack of options upfront

after spending last night in carrow road and looking at our attacking options i think it is obvios what we are going to see next season........C*AP cureton hardly got involved and showed no pace and strihavka seem to play in slow motion apart from the couple decent knock downs brown looked lively but are any of these strikers realy going to pose much of a threat to any team next season they cant use pace to beat a player and none looked very lively ar had a decent shot on goal apart frm brown who was a 4th choice sunderland striker com on granty the core of the side is looking good now all we need is class defender a pacy striker and some one to replace safri

at this rate we will have signed a completely new team

Why worry about the front when its the middle and back that really have a lack of options and ability?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Why worry about the front when its the

middle and back that really have a lack of options and ability?[/quote]

If Curaton is so appalling, why was he top striker last season in the

very championship he''ll apparently struggle in this season?

I like to see you guys are as positive as ever! Yes last night was poor going forward but all in all I feel we played well second have without creating anything.

I feel we need to give the guys more of a chance than just a few games, this was the first time we''ve come up against a half decent team, and the score line didn''t embrasses us, I do agree first half our defence was all over the place tho.

Some times I feel our fans are not just satified. When Grant comes out and says he wants another stricker everyone says,,,no we don''t but now after yesterday people say we do.

Yes a centre half is needed (maybe two!) but I really don''t think ranting a raving is going to get us anywhere. It hasnt for the past few years, so how about just once! we just get behind the 11 who are out there at the time and fingers crossed Grant works his magic over the next 11 days.

If talking about the first half I would have entirely agreed. The way we played and the players in some positions really did not offer much in runs or pace. That doesn''t mean that we don''t have pace it just meant the way we played did not use pace and it was to our detriment.

As soon as Hooze came inside from the wing we looked better straight away. I thought that Strihavka is quick on the charge but not nesisarily out of the blocks, Cureton is the other way around. Chadwick looked as though he can run at people but was never given a good enough ball to do so.

The same with Otsemobor - he very obviously has pace because he kept up well with all of the Sc''ammers players. But again every time he looked forward the ball from Hooze or Fotheringham was either to tight to him or just behind him meaning he had to check his stride and slow his run. When a player moves like that he needs it two strides ahead of him if he is in space so that he can run onto it and his first touch can take it forward.

Seccond half was a different matter altogether. We get Croft on and he starts burning turf. He was going all of the time he was on the pitch and really lifted the team - it was incredibly visable. Brown also looked lively and fast - although not allowed to proceed he outpaced the Sc''ammers back four in a very good run in behind and onto a flick on from Dublin that for some reason was called up well after it had happened.

I personaly think after last nights games the starting strikers will be Cureton and Brown.

i cant belive this i thought dave the stiker and brown both held the ball up well and both had the cd all over them,

with jamie well it looked though he need a few more games to get into his stride.

grant will get it right.